Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:41:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 55795 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2012, 12:00:01 AM »

Oops.  Why did I write PA? Tongue  Fixed.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2012, 12:09:40 AM »

Make sure and fix this date:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wink
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2012, 12:16:02 AM »

Make sure and fix this date:

Wink

It's definitely a good thing I put this up for public scrutiny beforehand. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2012, 02:57:55 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2012, 03:12:26 PM by Governor Scott »

Governor Scott Calls On The Administration For Action

I am echoing the calls of Senator Nix urging the President to act quickly on our region's repeated calls for Federal assistance on our Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.  I must emphasize once again that the Northeast Region simply does not have enough resources alone, public or private, to lift our citizens out of the muck that this hurricane has brought us, especially for the good people of New Jersey.  My executive order from October is still in effect, and funds from the proposed Northeast budget have been allocated toward a new Disaster Relief Fund, yet these remain modest efforts to curb our ongoing problems.

For the time-being, I have formally submitted a disaster relief plan to the Senate similar to the one that was used to assist the victims of Hurricane Irene last year, and Senators Nix and Ben have pledged their unwavering support for the bill.  However, we cannot afford to wait any longer for immediate assistance.

To address these efforts comprehensively, I am inviting both the President and the Secretary of Internal Affairs to formulate a plan at the Governor's Ranch tomorrow at noon.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »

I am pleased to report that after vigorous debate, we have passed the November-March budget with a surplus to aid us in our disaster relief efforts and capital project:

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2012, 12:11:25 AM »

Congratulations on your successful handling of the entire budget process, Governor!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:12 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2012, 10:51:24 PM by Governor Scott »

I am proud to announce that the Northeast has accumulated $1.5 billion dollars for aid in our disaster relief efforts:

Ah, wonderful then! No more delay on this is appropriate.

I hereby officially apportion the funds from the National Disaster Relief Act of 2012 in the following manner:

For the NE: 85% of Clause 1, 75% of Clause 2

Clause 1 totals: $4.25 bil, with $3.75 bil going into NJ, and $.75 bil into NY.

Clause 2 total: $1.5 billion, which I trust enough to see correct usage that I require no further explanation.

For the ME: 15% of Clause 1, 25% of Clause 2

Clause 1 total: $.75 billion

Clause 2 total: $.5 billion

On behalf of our great region, I'd like to thank Secretary Speed of Sound, Vice President Nathan, Senators Ben, Nix, and every other official that's helping make our relief efforts possible.  Today, the real recovery begins.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2012, 10:53:38 PM »

To be sure that everyone is on the page, you are speaking only of the money for preparation against later storms? Because between the Clause for immediate relief ($4.25 bil) and the Clause for infrastructure building ($1.5 bil), the Northeast is in fact receiving a total of $5.75 billion.

Also, you're welcome! It has been a pleasure working with an executive as diligent and reasonable as yourself!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2012, 10:59:52 PM »

Both the immediate relief and the preparation for other storms.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2012, 04:21:49 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2012, 04:25:31 PM by Governor Scott »

I am not in any way attempting to belittle the severity of the current crisis right now by posting this in "game mode," but as many of you know, there was a recent shooting in Connecticut's Sandy Hook School today, which is located very close to my high school.  As you all can imagine, I am deeply and personally affected by this, which is why I will not be posting much today.  I am hoping to attend a local prayer vigil this evening.

All I have left to say on the matter, is that I urge people, no matter where they reside, to keep the lost lives of the victims and their families in mind.

Please have a safe weekend.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2012, 04:47:53 PM »

Stay safe, Scott. It's always a tragedy when something like this happens, but I can't imagine what it must be like to have it happen so close to home. Devastating.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2012, 11:43:25 AM »

Thank you for your kind words, Hagrid.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2012, 09:06:00 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2012, 10:01:06 PM by Governor Scott »

The following will be on Friday's ballot.

NORTHEAST DECEMBER ELECTION

As Governor, I hereby declare this polling place open.

This is the Northeast regional polling booth for the December 21st through December 23rd election.  In this polling place, Northeast citizens are voting on one constitutional amendment and electing five Representatives.

Votes for offices in this region are cast using PR-STV.  Voters who wish to preference more than one candidate should allocate a first preference for a candidate by marking a [1] in the space provided by that candidate's name, and proceeding to number as many preferences as they desire by marking a [2], [3], etc for as many candidates as they so desire.

A vote will be counted so long as the voter that casts it is eligible to vote in this election and casts  a formal ballot. A vote is formal so long as it contains numbered preferences with no duplicate numbers. A ballot containing Roman Numerals is not considered informal. A ballot in which candidates have been ranked a,b,c, etc is not considered informal so long as no letter has been repeated, and so long as a single candidate has been ranked a, for as long as the letters are consecutive with no duplicate letters. A ballot is formal if the CJO can determine the intent of the voter without interviewing that voter.

Per past practice, write-in votes are only counted for a candidate if he or she publicly declares a willingness to receive write-in votes for a particular office in the [name of election] before the polls close in the Candidate Declaration Thread or writes in his or her own name on the ballot for that particular office.

Votes for "NOTA" or "None of the Above" for any office are formal regardless of the preference assigned to it. Should a voter preference "NOTA" as well as other candidates, only his vote for "NOTA" will be counted.

This booth shall remain open until Sunday, December 23rd at 11:59:59 PM EST.  Editing your ballot at any point after posting will result in disqualification of your vote.

Official Ballot

Assembly

[ ] Goldwater (Federalist Party - Delaware)
[ ] Poirot (Independent - New York)
[ ] Alfred F. Jones (Labor Party - New York)
[ ] bore (Labor Party - Rhode Island)
[ ] Snowball (Labor Party - New York)
[ ] alexmanu (Liberal Party - Massachusetts)
[ ] HockeyDude (Liberal Party - New Jersey)
[ ] Write-in:____________

Constitutional Amendment I

[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2012, 09:44:34 PM »

I believe alexmanu is running.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2012, 09:50:45 PM »

Thanks.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2012, 05:36:52 PM »

I will be making a special announcement this evening from the Governor's Ranch regarding plans for February.  Stay tuned.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2012, 07:22:38 PM by Governor Scott »

From outside the Governor's Ranch
December 20, 2012
6:44 P.M.

My friends, it's been a breathtaking two months.  Ever since I was given the honor to lead our region, we were faced with what's been an outbreak of tragedy.

First, parts of our region were flooded by a powerful hurricane, and the strength of our governments, both regional and Federal, were tested in their ability to respond to these crises swiftly and thoroughly.  Unfortunately, needed aid from the Federal government was long overdue, but thanks to the help of the Senate and the Secretary of Internal Affairs, we were eventually given the tools to rebuild and work for the good of our citizens.  Our efforts to renew the devastated areas continue today.

Then, this past Friday, twenty-six lives were ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.  These victims were teachers that sought to educate a growing generation.  These victims were future moms, dads, secretaries, businessmen and women, military workers, teachers, heroes.  The images we've seen on the news have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness and a quiet, unyielding anger.  These mass murders were brought upon us by an unforgiving, mentally disturbed young man.  But our region and our nation remain strong.  A great people has been moved.

As Governor, I've pioneered legislation that will help our region address crime.  Appropriately renamed The Sandy Hook Memorial Act, this bill will give our law enforcement agencies the tools to deter criminal acts and give rehabilitation - but more importantly, justice - to those who seek to intrude on our peaceful way of life.  Right now, the Assembly is debating our anti-trafficking bill, and I anticipate that these two bills will pass with unanimous support.

Over the past two months, I've led the conversation on how to keep spending down, modernize our infrastructure, and create jobs for our region in a competitive climate.  I'm happy to report that much of my agenda has been passed this session, and I want this progress to continue.

That is why tonight, I am announcing my bid for reelection.

Our region remains strong, and the Northeastern economy will be open for business as well.  I appreciate so very much the support I've received from the public, including those in the Assembly, and tonight I ask for your continued commitment.  It moves forward because of you.  It moves forward because you reaffirmed the spirit that has triumphed over tragedy and lifted us from the depths of despair to the great heights of hope, faith, and patriotism.  As President Bill Clinton once said, I believe that we stand today between hope and history---at the edge of a moment when these two powerful forces are as one, when we can embrace the dawn of the new century, drawing strength and guidance from our past, filled with confidence that in this new age of possibility, our best is yet to come.

I believe that together, we can build on the progress we've made and seize the future.  We are not divided.  We are greater than the sum of our individual ambitions, and together with your help, we can remind Atlasia how a region as strong as ours thrives, in good times and bad.

Thank you.  Dave Bless you.  And Dave Bless the Northeast Region.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »

Endorsed.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2012, 08:42:05 PM »

Endorsed Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2012, 10:05:35 PM »

Thank you all for your support.

I would like to remind my fellow citizens that regardless of the events leading up to the February presidential election, serving the Northeast Region will remain my top priority, and I invite those who plan to vote for my likely opponent to tell me, privately or publicly, what it is I can do to improve things in our region.  I intend to pursue a serious reelection campaign, no matter the circumstances.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »

You have my full endorsement. I'm sure your second term will be just as successful as your first has been!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2012, 10:47:17 PM »

Endorsed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2012, 12:09:06 AM »

The Northeast Assembly election has begun.  Please don't forget to vote by the end of this weekend.

After the election, I will say a few words about the legislation we've passed and what I hope to accomplish moving forward.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »

Mr. Governor, what's your opinion on the recent events regarding your potential Vice-Presidential candidacy with Tmth?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »

Endorsed. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies