Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:02:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 55875 times)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2013, 10:40:15 AM »

Whats with the new party name Scott? Did you leave the Liberal Party?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2013, 12:46:29 PM »

Whats with the new party name Scott? Did you leave the Liberal Party?

Yes.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2013, 01:17:53 PM »

No other explanation?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »

It's a long story, but basically, I'm done with the major party games.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2013, 09:48:47 PM »

It's a long story, but basically, I'm done with the major party games.

What's this thing about Buffalo?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2013, 10:23:37 PM »

The Northeast is currently voting on a proposal to move the capital location from NYC to Buffalo, which has long been in need of economic stimuli.  Simfan originally came up with the idea to move the capital from an area that's not as oriented for business.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2013, 10:47:38 PM »

The Northeast is currently voting on a proposal to move the capital location from NYC to Buffalo, which has long been in need of economic stimuli.  Simfan originally came up with the idea to move the capital from an area that's not as oriented for business.

I did! Why can't I ever get my due credit on this? It's like the people who claim I oppose the vague concept of "game reform" that don't even know how many reforms they enjoy today actually came from my Senate work. Tongue Actually its not like that at all, but it still sucks! Look at me everybody, I have ideas!!

#attentionwhore
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »

Also remember Buffalo is a border town with Canada. Have you considered the security ramifications of a bordertown for a captial?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2013, 10:52:32 PM »

I did! Why can't I ever get my due credit on this? It's like the people who claim I oppose the vague concept of "game reform" that don't even know how many reforms they enjoy today actually came from my Senate work. Tongue Actually its not like that at all, but it still sucks! Look at me everybody, I have ideas!!

#attentionwhore

You did?  Sorry.  Tongue  I think at one point Simfan made a thread that had the blueprints for the city.

Also remember Buffalo is a border town with Canada. Have you considered the security ramifications of a bordertown for a captial?

I don't see why that should be an issue.  Security laws would be enforced just as well as anywhere else.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2013, 10:52:41 PM »

That won't matter once we annex Canada. Wink
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2013, 10:58:21 PM »

Annexing Canada....... When did this become an issue for political debate? Canada is a sovereign country all it's own. Why would we want to annex?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2013, 01:33:13 PM »

I have recently passed an executive order to deem the city of Buffalo, New York our official 'Second Capital' of the Northeast Region.  If I am sworn in once again, I will formally begin my second term in that city.  I anticipate that future governors will follow precedent.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2013, 11:15:15 PM »

I will be re-registering as a member of the Liberal Party tonight after the election.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2013, 12:21:15 AM »

Good evening.

The polls have closed!  While the votes have not yet been certified, I am confident that I have been elected to serve as governor of this great region for another four months!

While, unfortunately, we were not able to move forward with moving our capital, the fight still lives on, and capital relocation is a goal I promise to pursue during the four months ahead.  I look forward to looking with our new team of Representatives, one of whom I am proud to announce, has just been elected to the Atlasian Senate!  Indeed, we have elected a strong Assembly, and while we may not always agree on the issues, I am confident we will be able to work together for the good of the region we both love.

I also congratulate our new President-elect, and look forward to working with his administration where we can find common ground.

I would like to thank the people of the Northeast Region for voting, and thank them for giving me the opportunity to be the first second-term governor in three years.  This victory is truly an honor, but there is much work to be done.

Thank you, Dave bless you, Dave bless the Northeast Region, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2013, 10:39:39 AM »

An interim representative has been determined.  He will be formally appointed when Representative-elect Napoleon discharges his position in the Assembly or swears in as At-Large Senator.

A special election will be called soon.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »

A question, Scott. If Napoleon doesn't serve, who becomes Lt. Governor?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2013, 12:14:55 PM »

A question, Scott. If Napoleon doesn't serve, who becomes Lt. Governor?

Hm.  I might be wrong, but I believe that would be Spenstar3D.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »

I have recently passed an executive order to deem the city of Buffalo, New York our official 'Second Capital' of the Northeast Region.  If I am sworn in once again, I will formally begin my second term in that city.  I anticipate that future governors will follow precedent.

This amendment is

DEAD!

Stop living in a dream world.  Face reality.  The peple have spoken!

In a democracy, you really have no choice but to accept
the will of the people. 

"Second Capital"?  I have never heard anything so silly in my life.  The Northeast Assembly is, and will remain, by the will of the people, in New York City.  You're sitting in your little office in Buffalo, pouting, and the business of the Northeast is being carried on at the real capital in New York City.  What are you going to do, keep in touch by telephone and email?  Get real. 

Do your job as Governor, accept the the democratic decision of the voters, and quit acting like some spoiled brat who doesn't get his way.

"Wah, wah, I'm going home and taking my marbles with me. Wah, wah, wah!"

I would certainly hope no future Governors would ever do as you plan to do, i.e. disrespect and thumb your nose at the voters of the Northeast.

Shameful, absolutely shameful and inexcusable behavior on your part.

Because you have made a mockery of democracy, you are not worthy to bear the title of Governor.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »

Wow.  I find it interesting that one of the people who supported the damn thing in the first place have become so outspoken against it.

I see someone's unhappy about their recent exit poll result, eh?  So upset that you can't convey your opinion civilly?

Ah, doesn't matter.  Ignore list time, hack.

(On the plus side though, your objection to it is definitely among the most passionate.  Points for that, I guess.)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2013, 01:12:10 PM »

If I may, a brief comment incoming Governor?

Analyzing the contents of the Governor's post I don't see any indication that he is forcing the capital onto Buffalo.  I may be mistaken, but wasn't the Amendment to remove the capital from New York City to Buffalo?

That Amendment was voted down and New York City remains the capital of the region.

What the Governor is stating, however, seems to be on different latitude.  What this executive decision indicates is the wish of the Governor to create a secondary capital, another place for regional government functions in addition to New York City.  I claim no expertise at Northeast Constitutional law, but this doesn't seem to be a far reaching or even anti-democratic action.  I should note that there are several national governments that have several different capital cities (I believe South Africa is one) that separate the duties of their governments.

Though, I would personally preferred this kind of matter left up to the vote, I don't see the inherent conflict with the previously stated voter intent carried out on the ballot.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2013, 01:18:20 PM »

I could care less what exit polls said, this is certainly not the issue.  Clearly, you are trying to evade the real issue here, which is your undeniable contempt for the choice the people have made in rejecting capital relocation.

And because I once supported capital relocation, although certainly not your version, has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you have chosen for some bizarre reason to ignore the will of the people.  The people have rejected capital relocation, and that is good enough for me.   

Unlike you, I accept the the will of the people in the election.  I have gracioiusly conceded defeat in the Presidential campaign, and have congratulated the winners, and wished them all the best.

I have not ignored democracy and the will of the people and threatened to set up some alternative arrangements because I don't like the result, as you have done.

In a democracy, which is what Atlasia and the regions that comprise Atlasia, are supposed to be, there is absolutely no excuse or no reason to ignore the will of the people.

Whenever a publicly elected official starts to ignore the will of the people, that is when democracy begins to suffer.     

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2013, 01:20:53 PM »

If I may, a brief comment incoming Governor?

Analyzing the contents of the Governor's post I don't see any indication that he is forcing the capital onto Buffalo.  I may be mistaken, but wasn't the Amendment to remove the capital from New York City to Buffalo?

That Amendment was voted down and New York City remains the capital of the region.

What the Governor is stating, however, seems to be on different latitude.  What this executive decision indicates is the wish of the Governor to create a secondary capital, another place for regional government functions in addition to New York City.  I claim no expertise at Northeast Constitutional law, but this doesn't seem to be a far reaching or even anti-democratic action.  I should note that there are several national governments that have several different capital cities (I believe South Africa is one) that separate the duties of their governments.

Though, I would personally preferred this kind of matter left up to the vote, I don't see the inherent conflict with the previously stated voter intent carried out on the ballot.

You're absolutely correct.  I am merely starting a precedent -- that being, of course, to do the people's work in a new location.  I am not "pouting," I am just setting priorities and doing what I can for the well-being of the good people of Buffalo.  Soon, I would like to use some of the money from our surplus to refurnish the city, as well.  That's not violating the will of the people, that's helping the people.

Thank you for expressing your views on the matter civilly.

Also, I would like to remind the people of the Northeast the full name of our nation -- that is, the Republic of Atlasia.  It is not the Democracy of Atlasia, or the Democratic Republic of Atlasia, it is simply the Republic of Atlasia.  Democracy simply doesn't have the final say all the time in a republic such as this.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2013, 01:22:36 PM »

For those who want to hold a grudge against me/impeach me/whatever, look on the bright side: you won't have to put up with me anymore after this June. Smiley
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »

This amendment is

DEAD!

Stop living in a dream world.  Face reality.  The peple have spoken!

In a democracy, you really have no choice but to accept
the will of the people. 

"Second Capital"?  I have never heard anything so silly in my life.  The Northeast Assembly is, and will remain, by the will of the people, in New York City.  You're sitting in your little office in Buffalo, pouting, and the business of the Northeast is being carried on at the real capital in New York City.  What are you going to do, keep in touch by telephone and email?  Get real. 

Do your job as Governor, accept the the democratic decision of the voters, and quit acting like some spoiled brat who doesn't get his way.

"Wah, wah, I'm going home and taking my marbles with me. Wah, wah, wah!"

I would certainly hope no future Governors would ever do as you plan to do, i.e. disrespect and thumb your nose at the voters of the Northeast.

Shameful, absolutely shameful and inexcusable behavior on your part.

Because you have made a mockery of democracy, you are not worthy to bear the title of Governor.

Have you heard the news, that you're dead?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2013, 01:37:57 PM »

You can try to call it whatever you wish, the fact of the matter ramains, the people have rejected capital relocation, and what you propose to do is some form of capital relocation, or partial capital relocation.

Quote from Governor Scott

Democracy simply doesn't have the final say all the time in a republic such as this.

I realize as well as anyone else that decisions made by elected bodies such as the Senate or regional assemblies are not always in line with what perhaps may be the popular sentiment of the population, but what we are talking about in this instance is a constitutional amendment, put out to the people for a vote, not a vote in the Assembly on an education bill for example.

This amendment has been defeated by the people in the vote.  Therefore, it is the responsibility of elected officials to accept the result of the vote, by the people, and follow through with the will of the people as they have decided in the amendment vote.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies