Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:23:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 56210 times)
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: April 15, 2013, 02:32:26 PM »

Endorsed

Congrats on deciphering my ballot on the special election! Tongue
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2013, 04:42:47 PM »

Please keep the people of Boston in your thoughts and prayers tonight.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #277 on: April 15, 2013, 06:23:38 PM »

Endorsed
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #278 on: April 15, 2013, 06:41:25 PM »

Thank you, guys! Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2013, 06:47:12 PM »

Since you have made your decision to run for a third term as Governor, you have my full-throated endorsement for re-election. I hope you continue what you've done.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2013, 06:48:42 PM »

Since you have made your decision to run for a third term as Governor, you have my full-throated endorsement for re-election. I hope you continue what you've done.

Thank you, Maxwell! Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2013, 08:13:02 PM »

Normally I would refrain from posting politically-related announcements on such a tragic day, but I must inform Northeasterners that we only have 2 declared candidates for Assembly, and the election begins in just four days.

If you are considering a run for the Assembly and have not yet declared, please do so now.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2013, 09:34:53 AM »

Unless there are last minute candidate declarations, the following will be on tomorrow's ballot:

NORTHEAST APRIL ELECTION

As Governor, I hereby declare this polling place open.

This is the Northeast regional polling booth for the April 19th through February 21st election.  In this polling place, Northeast citizens are electing five Representatives.

Votes for offices in this region are cast using PR-STV.  Voters who wish to preference more than one candidate should allocate a first preference for a candidate by marking a [1] in the space provided by that candidate's name, and proceeding to number as many preferences as they desire by marking a [2], [3], etc for as many candidates as they so desire.

A vote will be counted so long as the voter that casts it is eligible to vote in this election and casts  a formal ballot. A vote is formal so long as it contains numbered preferences with no duplicate numbers. A ballot containing Roman Numerals is not considered informal. A ballot in which candidates have been ranked a,b,c, etc is not considered informal so long as no letter has been repeated, and so long as a single candidate has been ranked a, for as long as the letters are consecutive with no duplicate letters. A ballot is formal if the CJO can determine the intent of the voter without interviewing that voter.

Per past practice, write-in votes are only counted for a candidate if he or she publicly declares a willingness to receive write-in votes for a particular office in the [name of election] before the polls close in the Candidate Declaration Thread or writes in his or her own name on the ballot for that particular office.

Votes for "NOTA" or "None of the Above" for any office are formal regardless of the preference assigned to it. Should a voter preference "NOTA" as well as other candidates, only his vote for "NOTA" will be counted.

This booth shall remain open until April 21st at 11:59:59 PM EST.  Editing your ballot at any point after posting will result in disqualification of your vote.

Official Ballot

Assembly
[ ] Goldwater (Federalist Party - Delaware)
[ ] bore (Labor Party - Rhode Island)
[ ] Snowball (Labor Party - New York)
[ ] Write-in:____________
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2013, 09:41:21 AM »

Please stay tuned for a special announcement on Friday, April 26th.  This announcement will involve my career and future plans.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »

My announcement has been rescheduled to this evening.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2013, 04:34:05 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 02:12:11 PM by Governor Scott »

Friends and constituents,

The greatness of our nation is unlike no other.  Each step we take goes upon the road that was built by patriots before us - all starting with our first president, Nym90.  Upholding this greatness requires leaders - strong leaders and listeners, gifted with creativity and work ethic.  It takes innovative minds and active participation.  And it is the responsibility of the people to ensure that their leaders are working to protect and improve their nation.

I have been fortunate enough to serve as a leader to many people in the Northeast Region, as a representative, as a senator, and now as governor.  And while much progress has been made, there is work to be done, and that's why I intend to continue to work hard for the next two months.

But after much thought, I have concluded that eight months is enough, and it is time for someone else to lead the way, to an even better future, for the Northeast Region.  And that is why I am suspending my campaign for governor.

I spent some time thinking about how I can best advance the justice and progress that we believe in and so desperately strive for.  And I intend to continue my conversation with individuals, families, friends, faith groups, fellow Northeasterners and Atlasians.

At this time, I am excited about exploring whether there is sufficient support for my potential candidacy for Senate in this exceptional country.

Whether I will run for Senate here in the Northeast, or pursue an At-large Senate seat in the event of a vacancy or in August's midterm election, I do not know.  I have, however, promised Senator Nix that I will not oppose him if he opts to run for a third term.

Until then, I want to continue this conversation with my constituents.  I ask for your faith and support as I continue to work for the Northeast in the capacity of governor, and I am hopeful that the next two months will be more productive and invigorating than the last.

Thank you, and Dave bless.

Scott

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2013, 04:36:41 PM »

Endorsed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »

Thanks!
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #288 on: April 18, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »

Three people running for five seats? Epic fail...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #289 on: April 18, 2013, 06:52:12 PM »

Three people running for five seats? Epic fail...

Guess there's going to have to be two write-in Assemblyman. I'm hoping Poirot and someone else is willing to accept those write-ins.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #290 on: April 18, 2013, 07:42:45 PM »

If we only have three Representatives come Sunday night, I'll have to hold a special election when two people decide they're interested and declare.

The fun never ends.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2013, 09:35:20 PM »

I will be writing in the four Northeastern at large candidates just in case.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2013, 11:07:57 PM »

Congratulations to tonight's winners!

As of now, it appears that Matt from VT will remain in the Senate.  Therefore, a special election will soon be held to fill the vacancy he has left.  If you are interested in either running in the special election and/or serving as an interim Representative, please state your desire via PM, and I will announce a special election as soon as people express interest.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #293 on: April 22, 2013, 01:44:44 PM »

Correction - I will have to appoint someone to fill Kalwejt's seat, as he will be heading to the Senate.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #294 on: April 22, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »

I would like to announce some ideas I've been floating around which I hope to incorporate into my legislative agenda if elected to the Senate.  I will be more than happy to discuss the pros and cons with policy-makers and citizens alike.

• Re-examining our ethanol policy. A study conducted by an Iowa professor found that allowing the tax credit, tariff, and EPA mandate requiring refiners to purchase cellulosic biofuel (despite the fact the next-generation fuel is not commercially available) has resulted in higher production costs for corn and ethanol, and that this cost has been passed on to consumers.  While I support investing in new fuel technologies, I feel that the economy - especially those who cannot easily afford food - will benefit in the long-run if food prices are kept low as possible.  I would like to introduce a bill that will allow the Senate to engage in a thorough discussion and examination of our ethanol policy.
  • Expanding the farm reinvestment program.  As Governor, I signed a bill that awards small farmers based on how they invest and innovate their farm.  While recent polling has shown that the public is divided on this issue, I believe our national farm policy can be improved by assisting these farmers in developing their towns and businesses.

And lastly...

• Education.  Most Atlasians agree that the regions should primarily be in charge of maintaining their schools; and to a great extent, I share this sentiment.  However, my philosophy that education can best be improved nationwide through cooperation, rather than competition.  Parents can and should be able to determine which schools their children go to, but it is the government's job to ensure that each student has the best opportunity to succeed, regardless of race, income, or background.  We need to grant waivers to regions wishing to move on from burdensome standardized testing, which have proven detrimental to teachers and students alike.  In doing so, we will grant regions the kind of independence that they need, so that they may develop the best possible model for their students.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #295 on: April 22, 2013, 10:20:04 PM »

Wait, I thought you were staying as Governor.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #296 on: April 22, 2013, 10:21:45 PM »

Nope.  I suspended my gubernatorial campaign last week.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #297 on: April 22, 2013, 10:22:26 PM »

so if your "exploration" doesn't work out, are you going to go back to the gubernatorial race?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #298 on: April 22, 2013, 10:24:33 PM »

so if your "exploration" doesn't work out, are you going to go back to the gubernatorial race?

No, I do not plan to.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2013, 03:35:19 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2013, 03:55:37 PM by Governor Scott »

Nashua, New Hampshire

First, I would like to reiterate my full support for Senator Nix.  He has shown true leadership all throughout the time he's been in Atlasia.  He's worked endlessly, along with several other members, to give the Wiki the care it needs.  Thanks to him, the game has been changed all for the better, and he has demonstrated that he is the one most deserving of such a position.  As such, I am proud to have lent him my endorsement, and I encourage Northeasterners to stand by him, just as we always have.

Now that Senator Nix has declared his intention not to seek reelection, I have decided to officially declare my candidacy for his seat.  If elected to the Senate, I am not guaranteeing how I will vote any one way.  The current senator and I may not always agree, but indeed, we share the same values and have the same dreams for a prosperous Atlasia.  If I am elected to the Senate, I promise to continue his legacy of adequate representation.

With that said, I would like to begin my campaign with this town hall here in Nashua.  Last night, I posted a few of many policies that I would like to work on as a member of the Atlasian Senate.  Henceforth, I anticipate an honest, open, (hopefully lively) conversation about the issues.

Consider this an open floor.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies