Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:21:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 56205 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: September 26, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »
« edited: September 26, 2013, 10:11:51 AM by Scott »

Unfortunately, we just couldn't muster the votes this election.  I congratulate Hashemite, Jack, and Hagrid on their victories today.

As far as the future goes, right now I will be suspending my campaign for November.  I hope to decide on my future ambitions shortly.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #426 on: September 26, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »

Haha.  That's alright, Mr. President. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #427 on: September 30, 2013, 01:37:01 PM »

I have decided not to seek election to the IDS Legislature.  Instead, I hope to find other opportunities to serve the good people of this game, be it in the IDS or any other region.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #428 on: September 30, 2013, 01:58:19 PM »

It was a rather interesting election, though it owuld have been better with more declared candidacies and active campaigns. In the election I thought we were getting my plan was to second you or even vote for you if Jack looked secure towards the end.

Anyway I look forward to your future activities. Also, keep an eye an eye on the Senate debates and feel free to comment on any present debates, man. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #429 on: October 02, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2013, 04:31:55 PM by Scott »

PRESIDENTIAL ENDORSEMENT

Some may know that I have already made an endorsement for one of the candidates running in this election.  That candidate, of course, is DemPGH.  I have enjoyed our discussions inside and outside of this board on the forum, and over his time he has proven his love of the game and dedication to each job he's held as a member of the Atlasian community.  And I am just as happy to endorse his running mate, Governor SirNick of the Northeast, who also has a long, proud record of service to his region.

I urge all Atlasians to unite behind these two great candidates for President and Vice President of our great nation.  I am confident that they will lead our nation to an era of growth and renewal in the face of an array of challenges.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #430 on: October 02, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »

PRESIDENTIAL ENDORSEMENT

Some may know that I have already made an endorsement for one of the candidates running in this election.  That candidate, of course, is DemPGH.  I have enjoyed our discussions inside and outside of this board on the forum, and over his time he has proven his love of the game and dedication to each job he's held as a member of the Atlasian community.  And I am just as happy to endorse his running mate, Governor DemPGH of the Northeast, who also has a long, proud record of service to his region.

I urge all Atlasians to unite behind these two great candidates for President and Vice President of our great nation.  I am confident that they will lead our nation to an era of growth and renewal in the face of an array of challenges.

Just wanted to let you know of a little typo
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #431 on: October 02, 2013, 04:32:09 PM »

PRESIDENTIAL ENDORSEMENT

Some may know that I have already made an endorsement for one of the candidates running in this election.  That candidate, of course, is DemPGH.  I have enjoyed our discussions inside and outside of this board on the forum, and over his time he has proven his love of the game and dedication to each job he's held as a member of the Atlasian community.  And I am just as happy to endorse his running mate, Governor DemPGH of the Northeast, who also has a long, proud record of service to his region.

Just wanted to let you know of a little typo

Thanks. Tongue
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #432 on: October 02, 2013, 04:42:45 PM »

PRESIDENTIAL ENDORSEMENT

Some may know that I have already made an endorsement for one of the candidates running in this election.  That candidate, of course, is DemPGH.  I have enjoyed our discussions inside and outside of this board on the forum, and over his time he has proven his love of the game and dedication to each job he's held as a member of the Atlasian community.  And I am just as happy to endorse his running mate, Governor SirNick of the Northeast, who also has a long, proud record of service to his region.

I would like to thank former Governor Scott for his kind words and endorsement. I also urge the Governor to return to the Northeast to prepare for his future presidential run Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #433 on: October 12, 2013, 08:25:04 PM »

I will be making an announcement in the next few hours.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #434 on: October 12, 2013, 08:44:43 PM »

Heck, I'll just post it now.  This didn't take me long to write. Tongue

Friends,

It is always good to be able to get in touch with my fellow Atlasians.  Whether I'm proposing major reforms or announcing runs for political office, I have the opportunity to speak with my peers about the issues facing our region, and our country.

To reduce the chances of people not wanting to read through fifty walls of text on a single post, I'll keep this message brief, and I'll cut straight to the chase: I have decided to seek election to the IDS Legislature this month.

Though I originally decided against continuing my campaign, I've come to realize that the Legislature is still very much in need of new members and fresh ideas.  I shall continue to run on the ideas I campaigned on a few weeks ago, and I will respond to the various issues facing us today.  And even though I may lose, once again, to last minute write-in "campaigns," I want to assure all of you that I'm here to be the change we need to see.  I'm here to be that choice.

I am not in this race to focus on a second or third term, nor am I in it to anticipate a run for higher office.  As of now, my priority is to engage in the conversations our region ought to have.

I welcome any and all questions, comments, debate invitations, et cetera.

Let the campaign begin.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #435 on: October 12, 2013, 08:48:03 PM »

Good luck you glorious bastard.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #436 on: October 12, 2013, 08:49:36 PM »

Endorsed
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #437 on: October 12, 2013, 08:52:56 PM »

Thank you all so much!!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #438 on: October 12, 2013, 09:26:14 PM »

dang, well I guess I'll have to support you too! I was really saddened when you lost your first bid for the Legislature seat. So I guess I'll have to share an endorsement with you and Small L... That is if he's still running... Good luck and Godspeed! Cheesy
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #439 on: October 12, 2013, 10:05:05 PM »

dang, well I guess I'll have to support you too! I was really saddened when you lost your first bid for the Legislature seat. So I guess I'll have to share an endorsement with you and Small L... That is if he's still running... Good luck and Godspeed! Cheesy

Thank you, Mr. Enderman! Cheesy
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #440 on: October 12, 2013, 10:30:28 PM »

Welcome to the race Scott! Best wishes and good luck Smiley

Best wishes to you as well, my friend!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #441 on: October 13, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »

Endorsed!!!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #442 on: October 13, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »

Thank you!

I will post my thoughts on the recently passed abortion bill that is currently being debated by Mideast citizens, as well as the gun policy bill being considered in the IDS Legislature, by tomorrow.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #443 on: October 14, 2013, 08:53:15 AM »

endorsed
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #444 on: October 14, 2013, 02:40:03 PM »

ON ABORTION

It should come as a surprise to few that I am staunchly pro-choice.  While I question the wisdom of those who terminate their pregnancies on account of gender preferences, I view laws that counter a woman's right to choose on that basis as not only incredibly intrusive, but nearly unenforceable.  I realize the principle differences on this issue that exist between the bill's supporters and its opponents, and while I understand the pro-life position, I cannot in good conscious endorse the measures outlined by the Mideast bill.  I will firmly oppose any measures in the IDS that compromise a woman's right to choose.

ON GUNS

Like Representative Hagrid, I am hesitant to support the A Firearm Policy for the South bill that's currently being considered by the Legislature.  I admit that although I am weary of certain forms of gun control, there are certain reforms I can happily get behind such as background checks and restrictions for incompetent persons.  However, given that comprehensive gun control has already been passed by the federal government, I would likely be a Nay vote on the final form of this bill.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #445 on: October 14, 2013, 02:40:37 PM »

Thank you for your support! Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #446 on: October 14, 2013, 11:51:42 PM »

Our website has officially launched!

Thanks to Flo for inspiring this site. Smiley

(Yes, I realize there are a few glitches on some of the pages.  You might need to highlight the pages to read all the text.)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #447 on: October 14, 2013, 11:58:31 PM »

(Yes, I realize there are a few glitches on some of the pages.  You might need to highlight the pages to read all the text.)

Wow, I didn't realize my mother endorsed you! Well done! She hasn't supported an Arkansas native since Bill in 96.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #448 on: October 15, 2013, 12:07:20 AM »

Wow, I didn't realize my mother endorsed you! Well done! She hasn't supported an Arkansas native since Bill in 96.

Indeed.  She officially endorsed me... last night. Wink
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #449 on: October 15, 2013, 12:08:12 AM »

Indeed.  She officially endorsed me... last night. Wink

Well how splendid! Are you Flo's mama from the chat place jfc
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies