Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:21:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 55625 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »
« edited: September 28, 2012, 11:59:33 PM by Barnes »

Senator, what reforms would you support as governor to increase regional activity?  I'm not saying activity is an issue currently in the NE, but, in general, what regional govt. reforms do you propose/support?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2012, 12:00:27 AM »

I'm not saying activity s an issue currently in the NE

I will admit that activity levels have been an issue in the Northeast for the past couple of months, and I look forward to hearing Scott's plan to address this growing problem that I have been unable to manage.

I wasn't trying to level blame at anyone, but seeing as I've been inactive for half a year, I'm not quite sure of the current situation. Grin
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2012, 12:06:18 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2012, 12:10:20 AM by Senator Scott »

Senator, what reforms would you support as governor to increase regional activity?  I'm not saying activity s an issue currently in the NE, but, in general, what regional govt. reforms do you propose/support?

In my opinion, the ability of a government to increase game activity by itself is very limited, even when it tries to pass laws aimed at doing just that.  As a Northeast Representative, I sponsored legislation that established a cabinet to be used at the Governor's discretion for the purpose of expanding inclusiveness in our region's affairs among our citizens.  I was sad to see that the law was not taken advantage of as I had hoped it would be because virtually no one wanted any of the cabinet positions.  I think that law still has a purpose and can be abundantly useful during a time when the region experiences an activity 'boom' period, but I think the most effective way of promoting activity is by encouraging people to recruit non-players in the forum to come to our region.  That's how Snowstalker and I were first introduced to this game, and a law had nothing to do with it.

At the same time, we need to ensure that our elected officials are fulfilling their duties and engaging in most, if not all, the debates that we have in the Assembly.  This past month we had to fill two vacant Assembly seats because the people that vacated them were unable to commit their time to the game.  Not only does this reflect poorly on our region, but it reflects poorly on the entire game and diminishes the entertainment value.  Activity levels in the Northeast were, in my opinion, much better one year ago, and I think we need to embrace the values of discipline and inclusiveness to return to those days.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2012, 12:10:16 AM »

Thank you for your response, Scott.  I agree that this is an issues that cannot be quickly fixed via legislation.  As a follow up, if elected Governor, how would you implement the cabinet law that you mentioned?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2012, 12:12:49 AM »

Thank you for your response, Scott.  I agree that this is an issues that cannot be quickly fixed via legislation.  As a follow up, if elected Governor, how would you implement the cabinet law that you mentioned?

The day after the election, I will open my office for new cabinet applications from those who want a position.  Though admittedly, I am pessimistic about the chances of getting a sufficient number of applicants to create a full cabinet.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 03:51:39 PM by Senator Scott »

PRESS RELEASE - Assembly Endorsements

The Northeast Region is fortunate enough this election to have several great candidates running for the Assembly.  Four in particular have a great record of activism and contributions to the region, and in a time when activity is apparently so scarce for the Northeast, it is essential that these three veterans be able to return for the betterment of our region.

With that, I endorse these four declared candidates:

Former Speaker Cincinnatus (I-NY)
Speaker Alfred F. Jones (Lab-NY)
Former Senator Barnes (Lab-RI)
Representative Goldwater (Whig-NY)

As of now, I am still undecided as to who will get my fifth preference.  I will need to take into account the candidate's ideas and the confidence I have in them to be active members over the next two months.  This is what I hope to determine in the upcoming debate.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »

Thank you! Smiley
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2012, 03:56:50 PM »

Thanks for the endorsement! Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2012, 04:21:08 PM »

Thank you very much for your endorsement!  Like for Nix, I am quite happy to give you my endorsement for your race, barring the possibility of a Labor candidate. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »

Erm... going to have to retract that.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2012, 10:42:53 PM »

I also endorse Simfan for Governor.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2012, 02:31:05 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 03:10:47 AM by Senator Scott »

TV Commercial - Activity

Exercise music plays in the background; Scott is seen running through his neighborhood, jogging through a farm, biking through a forest trail, kayaking through water, skydiving, riding on a unicycle, and finally walking up to the camera on a hill with a rifle in hand

SCOTT: Folks, I know firsthand the value of a good day's work, keeping in shape, and most importantly, staying active.  I've been an active member of the Senate for you for these past seven months standing up for the Northeast Region and supporting bills that I believe are for the benefit of our nation.  I hope to bring the values of discipline and activity to this region, and especially the Assembly, later this month.

It is undeniable that our Assembly has passed useful legislation lately, but unfortunately, activity levels in our region are abundantly lacking.  Last month, we had to fill two vacant Assembly seats because their respective officeholders were not able to make the commitment.  This is not good for our region -- especially at a time when we must work tirelessly to keep up with growing regions like the Mideast to stay up to par.

Folks, don't ask how a seventeen-year-old boy managed to acquire a rifle for a TV ad, ask yourselves who you believe will be the most active Governor of the Northeast Region.  I'm Scott, I'm ready to lead, and I approve this message.

End commercial
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2012, 03:33:46 AM »

I will unveil my energy plan tomorrow.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2012, 03:05:38 PM »

I look forward to seeing it. Energy policy and reform is an issue very dear to my heart - hopefully we can work on it as Governor and Assemblyman. Wink
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »

I've already talked yo you privately, but endorsed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2012, 08:22:35 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2012, 08:52:18 PM by Senator Scott »

Portsmouth, Rhode Island
~~~
Energy Plan

Thank you all for attending.  Folks, I stand here before you in front of a fine example of what can be accomplished when a region makes modernization of its infrastructure and energy potential a priority.  The last budget our Assembly passed appropriated five billion dollars toward environmental and energy projects.  This was a great start, but it included no details of how those dollars would be used.  In order for us to enjoy the full benefits of renewable energy technology in this region, need to develop is a clear, comprehensive plan for the future of our green economy, and it is among the many things that I can't do without the help of my fellow legislators and local businesses.

If I am elected this October, I intend to devote a portion of the Assembly's time in crafting the quad monthly budget to determine what energy projects the next budget will fund and where.  For an idea of what these funds will be invested in, we look no further than the latest and most innovative technologies here at home.  Wind turbines like the ones behind me have propelled China in becoming a world leader in renewable energy, as it has vaulted past competitors including Denmark, Germany, Spain, and the Republic of Atlasia to become the largest producer of renewable wind technologies.  More than two years ago, Vestas of Denmark erected the world’s biggest wind turbine manufacturing complex northeastern China, and transferred the technology to build the latest electronic controls and generators.  Clearly, energy is becoming a vital ingredient to ensuring a competitive economy, and investing in it isn't just good for green jobs, it's good for all jobs.  But our energy future should be one that manifests itself here at home, not nations abroad.

A month or two ago, Governor Nix signed an executive order mandating that all the roofs of new public buildings in the Northeast be painted white.  This is a policy I continued to advocate for in the Senate, and while it is a small step in the right direction, it is not the silver bullet to our energy challenges.  Homes and private businesses must have a key role in the popularization of these new renewable energy technologies, but these changes cannot occur over night.  That's why I support tax incentives and rebates applied to selling self-manufactured electric power generated from wind power.  I want us to reward the businesses that develop the most inexpensive and efficient methods of renewable energy production, and I want us to encourage businesses that aren't in the green technology sector to find the best ways to provide quality service and products with a reduced carbon footprint.  A voucher program, I believe, is one of the most ideal solutions to achieving these ends, but I fully intend to work with the Assembly in crafting a policy that is open, specific, and coherent to our entrepreneurs.

Our region is a geographically diverse one, indeed, and we have what it takes to make the Northeast the energy capital of this nation.  Stand with me, fight with me, and help us make a green economy possible for our region as well as our country.  Thank you, Dave bless you, and Dave bless the Northeast Region.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »

You have some great ideas and are situated to continue the progressive legacy the Northeast is known for. You have my endorsement and full support, though I will definitely miss working with you in the Senate should I be reelected.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2012, 10:08:02 PM »

Thank you for your most valuable endorsement, Mr. President!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2012, 05:23:21 PM »

Remember to vote!  Let's work together to move our region forward!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2012, 06:02:33 PM »

Congratulations Governor-Elect/Senator (whichever title you prefer) Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2012, 10:52:42 PM »

Congratulations, Scott. You'll be a great Governor. I might have to retire back to the Northeast. Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »

I know you will prove to be a wonderful governor, Scott!  I can't wait to work with you and your administration soon!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2012, 11:00:14 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2012, 11:28:58 PM by Governor-elect Scott »

Campaign Headquarters
Buffalo, NY

My fellow Northeasters, this past weekend, with high hopes and strong hearts in large numbers, we have accomplished something.  This weekend we voted to start a new chapter for our nation and region.

This election is a call to us from our citizens to work together to lead our region in an era of progress.  I look forward to working with the Assembly, both incumbents and newcomers, and I congratulate them on their victories this evening.  I would like to especially congratulate Speaker Alfred F. Jones, who has been and will continue to be an excellent Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast.  There is much work to be done, and none of it will be possible without his help and the rest of the Assembly.  And while we may differ on some issues, I can promise you all that everything we do will be in an open, bipartisan manner.  For the citizens chose not to elect one party this weekend, but some of all.

To Governor Nix and Representative Bore, I’d like to thank you for your support and all the work you’ve done for our region.  One of you, I know, will ascend to the Senate in the coming weeks, and I have full confidence that you will do an excellent job as our new Senator.  And to Representative Bore, though you were not successful this weekend, I am thankful for everything you’ve done for our region and I hope you will continue to stay active in this game.

Looking ahead, we have much to accomplish.  We must pass a budget, and we must pass it while we honor our Constitutional principles.  We must deter crime on the streets of our region, and we must promote our region’s involvement in the national and international markets.  When I enter office on Thursday, I hope to continue the same progress that Governor Nix has made and leave with a more growing, active, prosperous region.

This has been my message to the Northeast for the past several months, and it will be my message for the next four.  Together we can do it.  We can build a community into what we’ve always wanted it to be.  Thank you.  Dave Bless you.  Dave Bless this nation.  And Dave Bless the Northeast Region.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr102My19TU
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2012, 11:05:57 PM »

Congratulations Scott! It was such a close race. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27  
« previous next »