Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:51:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 55804 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: June 19, 2013, 06:02:44 PM »

Remarks on the recent dissolution of the Pacific Region

Recently, the people (just three, to be exact) of the Pacific Region took a vote regarding the abolition of the Pacific government, and the motion was passed without opposition.  First I should say that as a longtime member of this game, I am disheartened to see one of our great regions in a state of such disarray.  This is a critical time for our nation, and now the federal government must step in to save the Pacific from certain anarchy.

While it has not yet been determined how exactly the government will respond to this crisis, I feel I am obligated, as a regional executive and candidate for Atlasian Senate, to disclose my position.

Upon careful consideration, I have decided to endorse Senator Nix's proposal to reduce the number of regions in Atlasia.  While I stand committed to preserving the borders of the Northeast, never has it been clearer that the game must undergo such transformative measures to survive.  Whether the Pacific be divided among one, two, or all regions can be determined through negotiations in the Senate and among elected officials, but I feel we must put those disagreements aside and band together to restore order to these states.

Make no mistake that transitioning the number of regions in our nation will not change our activity levels automatically.  The nation can survive only on the hard work of its citizens; citizens who promote competitive elections, introduce worthwhile legislation, and contribute to debate on a regular basis.  Holding office in this game is an honor and a privilege, but at this point it's safe to say that the number of positions has exceeded their usefulness and diluted the competitive spirit of AFE.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #376 on: June 19, 2013, 06:03:18 PM »

Thank you, IBDD.  I am honored to have the support of you and your party. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #377 on: June 20, 2013, 08:26:02 AM »

I am posting the updated sample ballot once again for public scrutiny.  Once again, we are short of the candidates needed to fill five of these seats.  Please, please, please declare your candidacy for Assembly if you have not already done so and would like to run.

NORTHEAST JUNE ELECTION

As Governor, I hereby declare this polling place open.

This is the Northeast regional polling booth for the June 21st-23rd election.  In this polling place, Northeast citizens are electing a Governor, five Representatives, and voting on two constitutional amendments.

Votes for offices in this region are cast using PR-STV.  Voters who wish to preference more than one candidate should allocate a first preference for a candidate by marking a [1] in the space provided by that candidate's name, and proceeding to number as many preferences as they desire by marking a [2], [3], etc for as many candidates as they so desire.

A vote will be counted so long as the voter that casts it is eligible to vote in this election and casts  a formal ballot. A vote is formal so long as it contains numbered preferences with no duplicate numbers. A ballot containing Roman Numerals is not considered informal. A ballot in which candidates have been ranked a,b,c, etc is not considered informal so long as no letter has been repeated, and so long as a single candidate has been ranked a, for as long as the letters are consecutive with no duplicate letters. A ballot is formal if the CJO can determine the intent of the voter without interviewing that voter.

Per past practice, write-in votes are only counted for a candidate if he or she publicly declares a willingness to receive write-in votes for a particular office in the [name of election] before the polls close in the Candidate Declaration Thread or writes in his or her own name on the ballot for that particular office.

Votes for "NOTA" or "None of the Above" for any office are formal regardless of the preference assigned to it. Should a voter preference "NOTA" as well as other candidates, only his vote for "NOTA" will be counted.

This booth shall remain open until June 23rd at 11:59:59 PM EST.  Editing your ballot at any point after posting will result in disqualification of your vote.

Official Ballot

Governor
[ ] Goldwater (Federalist Party - Delaware)
[ ] SirNick (Liberal Party - New York)
[ ] Write-in:____________

Assembly
[ ] 豚FLY (Light Party - Maine)
[ ] bore (Labor Party - Rhode Island)
[ ] Snowball (Labor Party - New York)
[ ] Goldwater (Federalist Party - New York)
[ ] Write-in:____________

Amendment 1. Constitution Ratification Amendment
You must be logged in to read this quote.
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Abstain

Amendment 2. Amendment to Northeast Constitution Article 2 Section 10
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Abstain
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #378 on: June 20, 2013, 08:59:46 PM »

Tomorrow's the big day!  For the convenience of any voters who have not yet decided, I am posting a summary of my speeches that will hopefully address any unasked questions;

Drug Policy
Infrastructure
Agriculture
Supreme Court (This issue's just about settled for now, but I thought I'd list it)
Education
Campaign Finance Reform
Response to Poirot on St. Lawrence Seaway
Debate Responses
Coal
Pacific Dissolution
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #379 on: June 20, 2013, 09:25:38 PM »

The Liberal Party has just voted to endorse my candidacy for Northeast Senate.  With the support of both the Light, Liberal, Labor, Federalist, and UNDA parties, I am very confident of our chances heading into the election.  Thank you, once again, to the parties that endorsed me.  I take these votes as a demand for bipartisanship and activism in Nyman.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #380 on: June 20, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »

It's time to vote!  Let's drive this campaign to a clean victory!

Please don't forget to vote in the regional election, as well.  The outcome of all these races is in your hands!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2013, 04:28:21 PM »

Please vote if you have not already!  While I am happy to announce that we are very much ahead in the Northeast Senate race, the presidential contest is very tight, and I am urging all remaining voters to cast their ballot for Nix/DemPGH!  Every vote matters!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #382 on: June 23, 2013, 10:53:43 PM »

Congratulations and good luck in your term as Northeast Senator.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #383 on: June 23, 2013, 11:01:05 PM »

Thank you for your support, everyone.  Remarks will come shortly.

Also, for the future- please, don't just vote for one person in the Assembly races.  I don't know why some people felt the need to do that.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #384 on: June 23, 2013, 11:12:19 PM »

The preliminary results for the Northeast regional elections are up.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #385 on: June 23, 2013, 11:36:20 PM »

Nashua, New Hampshire

Thank you.  Thank you, everyone, and thank you to the Northeast Region.  Thank you for all your support, your enthusiasm, your prayers, and your generosity.  We couldn't have achieved this victory without you.  With your help, we held onto a Senate seat that has firmly supported progressive, fiscally responsible policies and ideas, and because of you, that legacy will be carried on in the Northeast, and in the White House!

A few moments ago, Representative Poirot called our campaign to congratulate us on a decisive victory, and I wished him the best in his future endeavors.  Though we do not always agree on the issues, Poirot's campaign reflected many of our own fundamental values: our love of country, our thirst for activism, and our passion for ideas.  Please give him a hand for his hard work this past month.

Because of your optimism and your hard work, here we are today.  You came out and said that the issues matter.  You came out and said that we need to fix our broken education system, as we have done in the Northeast.  You came out and said that our farm policies need to be reformed, that our coal miners need to be protected, that our middle class must prevail, that our nation must remain an economic superpower.

I am profoundly grateful to have the opportunity to return to the Senate this year and fight for the policies that are important to you.  I am overwhelmed by the kindness people have shown this weekend and throughout the campaign.

I will work my heart out for you these next four months, and I am hopeful that you have the same confidence in me as I do in my successor, Governor-elect Sirnick!!!

We celebrate tonight, but much lies ahead for us.  Thank you, Dave bless Atlasia, and Dave bless the Northeast Region.  I wish you all a good night, and remember: keep your chins up, continue to dream, keep working hard, and don't stop thinking about tomorrow!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #386 on: June 23, 2013, 11:40:16 PM »

Congratulations Senator Elect Scott on your victory.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #387 on: June 24, 2013, 04:23:52 AM »

There's really no one else that does a better job of representing the Northeast as a status symbol than yourself (well, maybe Nix Tongue). Regardless, I know you'll be proactive in the Senate and are a true ally of Labor. Congratulations, Senator-elect!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #388 on: June 25, 2013, 06:55:28 PM »

My fellow Northeasterners, tonight is my last opportunity to speak to you from the Governor's Ranch as your regional executive.

I am profoundly grateful to you for twice giving me the honor to serve, to work for you and with you to prepare our region for the future. And I'm grateful to my Lieutenant Governor, to my Cabinet secretaries, and to all those who have served with me for the last eight months.

The last year has been a time of rigorous transformation.  Together we have faced numerous challenges.  We've learned that no matter what the problem, be it hurricanes or tragedies like the one we saw in Sandy Hook last December, we must be prepared, and that we cannot lose our sense of patriotism.  Because of you, our social fabric is stronger, our communities healthier and safer, and our generation better prepared for the road ahead of them.

We could not have gotten this far without the spirit of our region.  Today, our collective strength and resilience serve as an example to the rest of the world.

In every bill I proposed, signed, and rejected, I always stayed true to my number one goal: giving the people the tools they need to live prosperously while conducting our government under the limits established by the Constitution.  That is the document we are sworn to uphold.  And now tonight, we have a record we can be proud of.  Our surplus has reached record highs, we have developed comprehensive reforms aimed at improving the lives of those in need, and now the reforms passed during this administration are a shining model to many of our leaders in Nyman.

Tonight, I'd like to share a few thoughts with you about the future.  During my administration, I found myself constantly having to appoint new Representatives and call special elections that shouldn't have been needed in the first place.  When election time comes, we seldom have the competition this region needs.  In the last two elections, we couldn't even find enough candidates to run for Assembly in time.  This is something that must change if we ever want our region to succeed.

That is why I am calling on both citizens and elected officials to become more involved with their government.  Vote, run for office, propose legislation, debate, make suggestions, conduct polls, report on the happenings of the Assembly.  This region was created by the people, and so the people must hold it to high expectations.

I join all Northeasterners in wishing our very best to the next governor, SirNick, to his family and his administration in addressing existing challenges and in leading the march of progress over the next four months, so that our region may continue to shine bright.

As for me, I'll leave the governorship more idealistic, more full of hope than the day I arrived and more confident than ever that our region's best days lie ahead.

My days in this office are nearly through, but my days of service are not.  In the months ahead, I will swear in to office as your next senator, once again taking the oath to uphold our sacred laws and protect our country from all enemies, foreign and domestic.  And for that opportunity, I cannot thank you all enough.

Good night, and Dave bless.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #389 on: July 05, 2013, 11:21:28 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2013, 11:27:49 AM by Senator Scott »

I have officially introduced my national proposal for education reform.  While it will be some time before the bill reaches the Senate floor, now is the time to engage in constructive dialogue.  I encourage my constituents to review the bill and send me their thoughts, questions, concerns, and ideas.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #390 on: July 17, 2013, 06:32:32 PM »

Closing Statements

I am sad to announce that after two years of service to this great region in the game that I love so much, the time has come for me to retire.

I know my public statements are often too long to fill their purpose, so I promise to keep this one short.  Simply put, I am leaving because I am no longer able to serve this region to the extent I was a year ago.

My father passed away a month and a half ago, I'll be moving in the next couple months, I'm still in the process of looking for colleges, I'm trying to get my new blog off the ground, and because of all this, I am unable to predict the days ahead.  It's become too stressful, and I can't let Atlasia add to those stresses.

This is an especially sad occasion for me because I had a lot set on my agenda.  Unfortunately, I have no confidence of any of it getting passed, and I think the Northeast deserves someone who can get things done.

I will continue to post on the forums and vote, but for now, I must say farewell to elected office.

Thank you, and Dave bless.

Scott
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #391 on: September 11, 2013, 03:13:53 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2013, 03:21:36 AM by Scott »

PRESS RELEASE

From the home office of former NE Representative, Speaker, Senator, and Governor

Friends and supporters,

After much time, thought, and prayer, I have decided to fill everyone in on where I stand with Atlasia.

Over the last few months, I've had time to cool down from my time in Atlasian politics.  Though I still frequent this message board (probably more than anyone should), I have accomplished much of what I've wanted to accomplish outside of the forum.  I joined a church, I found a college, and my blog is finally picking up steam.  In addition, I have been able to stay involved with Atlasia in spite of the feuds that have broken out.

First, I am proud to say that my past disputes with Adam Griffin have been resolved, and that we both agreed to move on and to work together in the future when there is common ground.  I would like to reaffirm my respect for Labor as it stands as a party, even in times I am at odds with its leadership.  Indeed, though I may or may not support the Labor ticket next election season, I wish to pledge my continuing support for them in areas of agreement.  Labor and I both agree that while it is important for a party to stick to its values, it is just as important that its members govern effectively and mindfully of people hailing from all sides of the political spectrum.

Secondly, tonight I am announcing the release of my new book in a couple of weeks.  The topics this book will address includes, among other things, my views on Pacific dissolution, our Constitution, visions for our nation's future as well as policy proposals for our Northeast and Southern regions (with a special focus on education), and how a growing spiritual movement in our country is not only changing our relationship with God Dave, but the way we communicate about the persistent social issues of today.

As far as my future in Atlasia and the IDS goes, I am not yet sure what is ahead.  I will continue to stay informed on new developments and carefully weigh the ideas and credentials of our presidential contenders.  I have not yet determined which ticket is most qualified to move our nation forward, but I promise to keep my eyes open for a candidate that can do just that.  I am confident there is a candidate in this game we can all put our faith and confidence in - we just have to keep looking.  And I think we will know very soon.

Thank you, and Dave bless.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #392 on: September 11, 2013, 11:15:18 AM »

Run for President
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #393 on: September 11, 2013, 02:36:07 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

He just gave it away.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #394 on: September 11, 2013, 03:18:08 PM »

Now, now, I didn't say anything about a presidential run... Tongue
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #395 on: September 11, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #396 on: September 11, 2013, 06:00:20 PM »

You are following all the generic politician things that politicians do before running for President. Writing a book, making very suggestive statements about finding the perfect candidate, tip toeing around the issue. I mean, Atlasia is different, but it's all very suggestive Mr. Scott.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #397 on: September 11, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »

At least you're blunt about it.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #398 on: September 13, 2013, 08:36:05 PM »

You are following all the generic politician things that politicians do before running for President. Writing a book, making very suggestive statements about finding the perfect candidate, tip toeing around the issue. I mean, Atlasia is different, but it's all very suggestive Mr. Scott.
HAHAHAHAHA go for it!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #399 on: September 21, 2013, 02:09:52 AM »

Please stay tuned for a special announcement.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies