Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:10:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 55772 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: September 21, 2013, 02:35:03 AM »

Little Rock, Arkansas

My friends, I am pleased to announce to you today that I will be seeking election to the IDS Legislature this November!

As many of you know, I moved to the South not too long ago.  Satisfied with the progress that's been made up in the Northeast, I made the decision to temporarily retire and start anew in one of my favorite states in the country: Arkansas, the Natural State, blessed with its unique natural wonders and culture.  While I am still fairly new to the region and its politics, the problems with the current legislature are perfectly clear.  Activity levels are low, new legislation is seldom introduced, and there is hardly any debate over the pressing matters our region faces.

When I am elected to the Legislature next November, I want to change that.  In the Northeast, I and many others pushed tirelessly for scores of reforms.  They were not always successful, nor were they always popular, but we fought for the kind of change we knew would take the Northeast to the top.  Most importantly, they gave everyone the opportunity to share their input and ideas.  And, after I left the governor's office, our region was prospering and our budget had record surpluses.  But without that passion, without that enthusiasm and common vision, none of those accomplishments would have been possible.

Now tonight, I am asking the people of the South for that same kind of optimism and faith, so that together, we can march for a better IDS.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #401 on: September 21, 2013, 05:51:29 AM »

The IDS run is to back up your Presidential run, right?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #402 on: September 21, 2013, 11:43:11 AM »

The IDS run is to back up your Presidential run, right?

Hahaha, 'fraid not. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #403 on: September 21, 2013, 12:10:41 PM »

Here is a brief list of what I hope to accomplish if elected.

• A public bank.  Part of our economic success in the Northeast, I believe, can be attributed to the creation of a public bank last year.  The bank's two primary goals were to provide for better management and oversight of the government's revenues and give financial assistance to investors for job creation.  Similar policies have worked in North Dakota, which is the only state in the United States to have a public bank, and the only state in the United States that avoided the 2008 financial collapse.
  • Grants to small farms looking to innovate.  Farms are the backbone of our economy, and bring much needed funds to poor rural communities.  The purpose of a farm reinvestment program is to provide money for capital investment to small farms seeking to improve efficiency.  These competitive matching grants will be awarded for the use of expanding existing agricultural facilities, or diversificaiton-expansion into new production areas, as well as site improvements.
  • A job relocation and assistance program for coalminers.  Instead of pointing fingers at one another and blaming politicians for the state of the coal industry, legislators should work together to develop a plan that will help coalminers find jobs as our energy economy transitions to renewable fuel sources.
  • Cutting government waste without lowering benefits for those in need and helping state departments balance their budgets.  Spending reforms in the Northeast and in Nyman have enabled us to identify areas of unnecessary spending, and modernize the structure of our government.  My plan will reduce unnecessary spending as well as incentivize state departments to save money over time.
  • Campaign finance reform.  Meaningful reform that bans corporations with 20% or more foreign ownership from influencing election outcomes through the use of campaign contributions, and prevents recipients of federal or state bailouts from making political contributions.  My proposal will also give the general public access to information regarding corporate and interest group campaign expenditures with our government websites.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #404 on: September 21, 2013, 12:19:59 PM »

I just wanted to say that though your idea of a public bank sounds good on paper,I must urge to remind you of Jamestown's Common Store System. Oh and your sticker looks pretty cool.....
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #405 on: September 21, 2013, 12:26:59 PM »

I just wanted to say that though your idea of a public bank sounds good on paper,I must urge to remind you of Jamestown's Common Store System. Oh and your sticker looks pretty cool.....

Mr. Enderman, a few questions.

Is the current state of the South in any way comparable to that of Jamestown in the 17th century?

Is a regional bank in any way comparable to a 'bank' established and maintained by the members of a specific small community?

Can you name the differences between a public bank and (what some have alleged was) an entirely communistic economic system?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #406 on: September 21, 2013, 12:27:28 PM »

Thanks, Jack, although I don't think Jamestown's Common Store System is at all similar to what I'm proposing.  And with all due respect, I think we'd be better to analyze the success of such programs with modern examples, such as the Bank of North Dakota.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #407 on: September 21, 2013, 12:40:44 PM »

Mr. Enderman, a few questions.

Is the current state of the South in any way comparable to that of Jamestown in the 17th century?

Is a regional bank in any way comparable to a 'bank' established and maintained by the members of a specific small community?

Can you name the differences between a public bank and (what some have alleged was) an entirely communistic economic system?

I do know that times have changed... America in the 1600s isn't 2000s America that we know today... My only concern is that this public bank might get too much money and power.... Now had this bank been run by many small businesses and the Private Sector, now if we rubber stamp this all over Atlasia without one bank supporting or bailing out another, then we could talk about this.... In short, if the bank gets to big, spread the power, not wealth, around...  In even shorter words, one bank should be so powerful to own another one.... Everyone fending for themselves. If that bank gets lazy, their problem. No one gets hurt other than themselves.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #408 on: September 21, 2013, 12:47:54 PM »

Jack, a communal system where everyone puts all their earnings into a bank and has funds distributed to them when ever they need it is not what I'm proposing.  This has nothing to do with power, it's just a more efficient and fiscally responsible way for the government to manage its assets and invest in the private sector.  I encourage you to read the text of the Northeast bill and debate here.  The post below the OP explains this a great deal.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #409 on: September 21, 2013, 12:59:40 PM »

Jack, a communal system where everyone puts all their earnings into a bank and has funds distributed to them when ever they need it is not what I'm proposing.  This has nothing to do with power, it's just a more efficient and fiscally responsible way for the government to manage its assets and invest in the private sector.  I encourage you to read the text of the Northeast bill and debate here.  The post below the OP explains this a great deal.

Oh, like a savings account for the Government? *re adjusts glasses and gets the sweat out of eyes* I definitely have to think about that, but I agree with Simfan, why should we have the government in the banking sector? But if its just a piggy bank, I can tolerate, but not endorse it.... But if its the Government investing in stocks and businesses, then the people themselves investing should do it, not the whole government.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #410 on: September 21, 2013, 01:29:56 PM »

Oh, like a savings account for the Government? *re adjusts glasses and gets the sweat out of eyes* I definitely have to think about that, but I agree with Simfan, why should we have the government in the banking sector? But if its just a piggy bank, I can tolerate, but not endorse it.... But if its the Government investing in stocks and businesses, then the people themselves investing should do it, not the whole government.

Simply, because it works.  It is a savings account for the government that generates more revenue for itself by stimulating the private sector, which if you ask me is a win-win situation.  It also steers investments strictly within the region instead of depositing the funds into private banks, which are known to fund out-of-state, bet against the IDS' own bonds, and not remit their earnings back to the Treasury.  People themselves are not barred from investing their own money by this law.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #411 on: September 21, 2013, 02:15:58 PM »

Endorsed! Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #412 on: September 21, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »

Thank you!!
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #413 on: September 21, 2013, 02:47:03 PM »

Endorsed as well.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #414 on: September 21, 2013, 02:53:56 PM »

I knew there was some kind of political comeback in the works Scott Wink
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #415 on: September 21, 2013, 03:14:42 PM »

Great to see you running, endorsed!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #416 on: September 21, 2013, 03:47:23 PM »

Thanks for your support, Governors SirNick and Lumine! Smiley

I knew there was some kind of political comeback in the works Scott Wink

Indeed. Grin
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #417 on: September 21, 2013, 04:05:13 PM »

On The Freedom of Empire Act

Sadly, there is very little on the floor of our legislature right now.  However, currently our representatives are debating one bill in particular, named The Freedom of Empire Act, which would extend voting rights to all Atlasians - even people who aren't registered in our region!

Allow me to say that if I were in the legislature right now, I would be a firm NAY.  While I admire the effort to reach out to people of other regions, I cannot in good conscious endorse a measure that would effectively allow non-citizens to dictate the laws of our region.  In the name of regional protection, we must oppose all attempts to extend voting rights to people other than registered Southerners.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #418 on: September 21, 2013, 07:46:37 PM »

I plan on posting campaign speeches in the near future, but for now I thought I'd share my campaign schedule for next week.  I look forward to meeting with fellow Southerners and discussing how we can best improve the region we both love.

Monday 9/23
11:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Little Rock, Arkansas
2:00 PM: Voter Registration Drive in Lewisville, Arkansas
5:00 PM: Door-to-Door Campaigning, Lunch in Hope, Arkansas
8:00 PM: Dinner in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Tuesday 9/24
7:00 AM: Rally in Dallas, Texas
8:00 AM: Meet & Greet in San Antonio, Texas
11:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Houston, Texas
2:00 PM: Lunch in Lake Charles, Louisiana
4:00 PM: Door-to-Door Campaigning in New Orleans, Louisiana
9:00 PM: Dinner & Rest in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Wednesday 9/25
10:00 AM: Rally in Jackson, Mississippi
12:00 PM: Barnstorming, Lunch in Yazoo City, Mississippi (What a name for a city!)
3:00 PM: Door-to-Door Campaigning in Tupelo, Mississippi
6:00 PM: Touring the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville, Tennessee
9:00 PM: Dinner in Jackson, Tennessee

Thursday 9/26
8:00 AM: Rally in Nashville, Tennessee
12:00 PM: Meet & Greet, Lunch in Tullahoma, Tennessee
4:00 PM: Radio interview in Knoxville, Tennessee
5:00 PM: Rest

Friday 9/27
8:00 PM: Meeting with United Mine Workers of Atlasia in Ashville, North Carolina
12:00 PM: Door-to-Door Campaigning in Charlotte, North Carolina
5:00 PM: Bus Tour through Greensboro and Raleigh, North Carolina
8:00 PM: Dinner in Wilson, North Carolina

Saturday 9/28
9:00 AM: Meet & Greet in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
11:00 AM: Bus Tour through Columbia and Greenville, South Carolina
2:00 PM: Lunch in Augusta, Georgia
4:00 PM: Rally in Atlanta, Georgia
7:00 PM: Barnstorming, Dinner in Macon, Georgia

Sunday 9/29
8:00 AM: Worship at the Kirkwood United Church of Christ in Atlanta, Georgia
1:00 PM: Meet & Greet in Jacksonville, Florida
4:00 PM: Door-to-Door Campaigning, Lunch in Tallahassee, Florida
9:00 PM: Meet & Greet, Dinner, Rest in Mobile, Alabama
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #419 on: September 21, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »

ENDORSED!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #420 on: September 21, 2013, 09:17:08 PM »

Thanks, PJ! Smiley
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #421 on: September 21, 2013, 10:27:50 PM »

Endorsed!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #422 on: September 21, 2013, 10:51:54 PM »

Endorsed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #423 on: September 21, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »

Thank you!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #424 on: September 22, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »

I am happy to announce my candidacy for tonight's election.  I am confident in our chances thanks to our strong showing in the polls right now, but I can't win without your help.  Please don't forget to vote! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies