Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:11:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 55763 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: October 21, 2013, 01:00:39 AM »

Congratulations - looks like you have lost some weight, too! Wink

Haha, indeed. Grin

Thank you. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #476 on: October 21, 2013, 02:25:31 AM »

Congratulations! The IDS is in a delicate state these days; she could use all the activity she can get, and I know you'll be one to help augment it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #477 on: October 21, 2013, 11:40:02 AM »

Congratulations! The IDS is in a delicate state these days; she could use all the activity she can get, and I know you'll be one to help augment it.

Thank you, Adam.  I look forward to working with you in the legislature. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #478 on: October 21, 2013, 11:54:14 AM »

Thank you, Adam.  I look forward to working with you in the legislature. Smiley

Actually (unless I totally mixed up the Class A/B system), you replaced me in the Legislature, since my appointment was to fill the very short remainder of Zanas' term. Nevertheless, I'm sure we can work together on various pieces of legislation as Legislator and plain ol' prole. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #479 on: October 21, 2013, 03:51:54 PM »

Congrats, Scotty. The legislature is a wild place. I remember my time there. You'll have a blast!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2013, 03:56:28 PM »

Congratulations, Scott!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #481 on: October 21, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #482 on: November 02, 2013, 11:00:11 PM »

With the recent announcement of our former Emperor, PiT, it is clear that the campaign for the December election has begun.  So far, several citizens of our region have been named as potential candidates, and I was honored to be included in that circle by several pollsters and speculators.

While it is a great honor for me to hear my name mentioned, I am announcing at this time that I will not be a candidate for Emperor in December's election.  I feel that right now, it would be unfair of me, a freshman IDS legislator and relatively new citizen of the region, to announce a run for office before my ideas have been formally considered by the Legislature.  I must focus my time and resources on serving my constituents and ultimately finishing the job I promised to do in my last campaign.

The IDS needs a full-time leader who can guide our region in a more progressive direction, and I am determined to find that leader in due time.  For now, thank you all for your support.  Let us continue to work for a better IDS. Smiley
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #483 on: November 02, 2013, 11:02:20 PM »

With the recent announcement of our former Emperor, PiT, it is clear that the campaign for the December election has begun.  So far, several citizens of our region have been named as potential candidates, and I was honored to be included in that circle by several pollsters and speculators.

While it is a great honor for me to hear my name mentioned, I am announcing at this time that I will not be a candidate for Emperor in December's election.  I feel that right now, it would be unfair of me, a freshman IDS legislator and relatively new citizen of the region, to announce a run for office before my ideas have been formally considered by the Legislature.  I must focus my time and resources on serving my constituents and ultimately finishing the job I promised to do in my last campaign.

The IDS needs a full-time leader who can guide our region in a more progressive direction, and I am determined to find that leader in due time.  For now, thank you all for your support.  Let us continue to work for a better IDS. Smiley

Who will you endorse?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #484 on: November 02, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »

Who will you endorse?

That is to be determined. Smiley
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #485 on: November 02, 2013, 11:05:31 PM »

Who will you endorse?

That is to be determined. Smiley

Oh okay...
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #486 on: November 08, 2013, 01:40:13 AM »

It is an honor to be elected Speaker of the great IDS Legislature.  During my tenure, I will keep a record of each vote on another thread for public scrutiny.  This will enable citizens of the region to keep their legislators accountable and promote activity.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #487 on: November 08, 2013, 01:41:37 AM »

Congratulations!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #488 on: November 08, 2013, 03:16:51 AM »

Congrats on your elevation to Speaker.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #489 on: November 08, 2013, 06:41:11 AM »

WOHOO! GO SCOTT!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #490 on: November 08, 2013, 10:01:43 AM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #491 on: November 08, 2013, 01:39:54 PM »

Thanks, guys! Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #492 on: December 19, 2013, 12:41:43 PM »

The election is just hours away and I hope I've earned the trust and support of my colleagues as I pursue a second term in what looks to be a competitive race!

With my first term coming to an end, I'm happy to say that the Legislature has been very active since I assumed the Speakership.  I have pursued a number of bipartisan reforms that I think are good for our region, and while they did not always muster the support necessary to become law, they have made the IDS better and the government more efficient.  Right now I am in the process of drafting a bill that will address our homelessness problem by helping cities provide free apartments to the very poor, reducing city costs in the process.  This program is based on Utah's own successful apartment program, which has put the state on track to eliminating its homelessness problem by 2015.  I hope I am fortunate enough to have your support this weekend so that this idea may become a reality.

As always, please ask me any questions and send me your comments.  I hope I may continue to serve you for the next two months. Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #493 on: December 19, 2013, 07:01:25 PM »

After much contemplation, I have decided against seeking another term.  There is a number of personal reasons behind this decision that I prefer not to go into, but the IDS is deserving of two active legislators full time.  I am leaving the door open to serving again, but now is the time for me to take a break.

I will serve out the remainder of my term and consider my options for next month's election.  Until then, thank you to the IDS for placing your confidence in me for the past two months.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #494 on: December 19, 2013, 07:05:33 PM »

I liked the work you did in the IDS, so good luck with the world beyond Scott.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #495 on: December 19, 2013, 11:15:43 PM »

I hope you can go back and serve for the Southern people. Whatever is happening, I wish you the best luck, and I hope you do what is right for you.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #496 on: December 20, 2013, 01:15:52 AM »

Thank you for your service to the region Scott. I don't think the legislature would have been able to achieve much of anything without your steady hand at the tiller. I hope you come back at some point if you're able to.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #497 on: December 20, 2013, 11:19:02 AM »

Thank you, everyone.  I promise I will return to politics soon.  I just need some time to cool off from Atlas-related stuff in general.  It was fun serving you all and I will finish the job before my vacation starts on Monday. Smiley

Merry Christmas and happy holidays.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #498 on: January 06, 2014, 08:54:23 AM »

As promised, I am quickly returning to IDS politics.  Since I left the Legislature, there has been a considerable amount of bills and debate, and I hope to get back to work for the good people of the South later this month.

There are a lot of issues to cover, so expect public statements very soon.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #499 on: January 06, 2014, 11:12:55 AM »

Endorsed
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies