Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:59:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 55754 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: June 23, 2014, 01:55:03 AM »

My good friends and colleagues,

Tonight is a historic night for the country that we both love.  The polls have closed, and while they have not yet been certified by our SoFE, it is clear who will be serving the next four months as Senator for our region, and of course, who will be our next President and Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia.

First, I would like to congratulate Senator Yankee on his victory this evening, as well as Representative Maxwell for running two great campaigns.  This race was, I must say, a particularly challenging one for me, having worked with both candidates on a number of occasions.  Senator Yankee is an Atlas treasure, and without him the Senate would just not be the same.  Representative Maxwell has been a pragmatic and independent voice in the Legislature, and without him, our landmark anti-poverty bill would not have been signed into law.  That is why I'm happy that both will continue serving in their respective positions.

I would also like to congratulate President-elect DemPGH and Vice President-elect windjammer on their victories this evening.  I am confident that they will lead our nation for the next four months as diligently as the current administration.

And, with that, I would like to formally announce my campaign for reelection as your Emperor.  Throughout my tenure, I have fought for you and demonstrated, along with my colleagues in the Legislature, that bipartisanship and compromise can work.  We've passed positive reforms, including a comprehensive anti-poverty bill that will provide all our poor with the opportunity to live a financially independent life.

My administration has also been an advocate for free speech, both inside and outside this region.  Right now I am challenging a Northeast law that prohibits a certain song.  This is an injustice and we must not stand for it.  That is why I will fight to the very end for the repeal of that law.

I hope that I have earned the privilege of my party and my constituents to once again represent you as Emperor.  But, our work is not done yet, and with two months left in my term, there is plenty to be done.

Thank you, and Dave bless.

Emperor Scott
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #626 on: June 23, 2014, 02:07:10 AM »

Fully Endorsed man. Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #627 on: June 23, 2014, 02:01:37 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2014, 11:44:48 PM by Flo »

You've been an amazing leader during your tenure as Governor, endorsed Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #628 on: June 23, 2014, 07:49:38 PM »

Provisionally endorsed Scott. Think we can get the IDS to join our War on human trafficking by passing an IDS version of the Mideast and Northeast Nefarious Act
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #629 on: June 24, 2014, 06:12:06 AM »

Endorsed Smiley
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #630 on: June 24, 2014, 08:57:34 PM »

You've been an amazing leader during your tenure as Governor, endorsed Smiley
Provisionally endorsed Scott. Think we can get the IDS to join our War on human trafficking by passing an IDS version of the Mideast and Northeast Nefarious Act

Thank you all! Smiley
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #631 on: June 24, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »

Endorsed for sure.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #632 on: June 24, 2014, 10:31:43 PM »

Endorsed, as always.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #633 on: June 24, 2014, 11:05:23 PM »

Endorsed, pal!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #634 on: July 01, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »

Many thanks to those who are supporting my reelection campaign.

I will issue a statement on healthcare later today.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #635 on: July 01, 2014, 12:05:03 PM »

Endorsed, good luck, god speed, friend.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #636 on: July 01, 2014, 05:39:43 PM »

Good evening.

Recently, the Senate passed the Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014, a new law aiming to fix our previously unsustainable healthcare system.

First, I would like to applaud the Senate and President Duke for passing these great, bipartisan reforms.  While I understand that many in our region are skeptical of government intervention in such industries, I as Emperor fully intend to defend and uphold the law whenever necessary.  It is my belief that the federal government has a duty to provide adequate care to its citizens by any means necessary, and my administration will lend its full commitment to transitioning to the new system under the required standards.

That being said, I am also a strong proponent of choice.  While I support a public option for our citizens, I do not feel that it should have a monopoly on the exchange.  This is where we, as a region, must decide how we approach this issue and how we can ensure fair competition within our borders.

That is why I am proposing a region-sponsored healthcare program to compete with the ANHC.  Germany is known for its robust, market-friendly healthcare system that its people have enjoyed for over a hundred years.  Wikipedia sums up the German system as follows;

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As a result of Germany's innovative health care policies, its people have been covered for a relatively low cost, life expectancy is high, and the infant mortality rate is low.  Should my plan be enacted, the vast majority of IDS residents will have the opportunity to pick between three primary healthcare providers: the federal ANHC, the region-sponsored sickness funds, and private insurance.

I hope to begin drafting a formal proposal over the coming days.  Nonetheless, I recognize the importance of creating a region-wide consensus for a region-wide issue, and that is why I encourage conscientious debate among consumers and legislators alike.

Thank you.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #637 on: July 13, 2014, 02:04:15 AM »

Just a reminder to Southerners that the election for Legislature (at-large) starts next weekend.  So far, only coyolxauhqui (a Person) has declared.  None of the three incumbents have entered.  We can only rebuild the IDS from the bottom-up.  Prospective candidates, please announce now.

Also - I'm still working on the healthcare bill, but I was busy for most of the day and I haven't gotten around to it.  Right now I have a very, very rough outline for what I would like our policy to be framed on, but there's no guarantee since I don't know what the next Legislature will look like.

As of now, this is the outline for my plan -

• ANHC - Default program that's in place now; residents will always have the ANHC as an option, but for now, that is currently the only healthcare plan available and private insurance is banned
  • DominionCare - Region-based version of the ANHC.  Details haven't been worked out, but the primary function of DominionCare will be to compete with the ANHC in the exchange
  • Sickness funds - Essentially, heavily regulated private charities; paid for with joint employer-employee contributions with compensation rates to be negotiated among relevant interest groups
  • Private insurance - For clients above a set income level

In addition, my proposal will include an individual mandate to prevent free-riding.  This is currently not a standard for the federal healthcare policy, but it is one I will be advocating for in the IDS lest there are better proposals.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #638 on: July 13, 2014, 09:31:06 PM »

I'm a little disappointed that this healthcare project isn't generating as much interest as it should, either in the IDS or elsewhere, but what can ya do...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #639 on: July 13, 2014, 11:41:47 PM »

I'm reading through what you got and see if I can't add and work with you on it constructively. I've been sort of in and out for a couple of weeks due to two part time jobs but I'd be glad to participate in the debate for this.

And DeadPrez has told me he will run for re-election.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #640 on: July 15, 2014, 10:21:35 AM »

I'm a little disappointed that this healthcare project isn't generating as much interest as it should, either in the IDS or elsewhere, but what can ya do...

Once the IDS complete its version, it will serves as a model for other regions on how to approach it and then with a little pushing, perhaps we can get the desired attention focused on it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #641 on: July 16, 2014, 05:53:26 AM »

The only thing that'll kill discussion and the desire to run for re-election quicker in the Legislature than healthcare is another one of SJoyce's education bills. Tongue

RIP IDS Cry
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #642 on: July 16, 2014, 09:43:46 PM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #643 on: July 18, 2014, 08:04:44 PM »

The voting booth for IDS Legislature is open.  I apologize and take full responsibility for opening the booth several hours late again, but please vote now and write in your name if you intended to run but hadn't declared.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #644 on: July 18, 2014, 10:34:10 PM »

The only thing that'll kill discussion and the desire to run for re-election quicker in the Legislature than healthcare is another one of SJoyce's education bills. Tongue

Don't give me ideas Tongue
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #645 on: July 19, 2014, 02:40:50 AM »

I find it a little sad that none of the candidates have ran a pm campaign (or at least none that I know of). They should have campaigned more.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #646 on: July 19, 2014, 03:57:28 PM »

I find it a little sad that none of the candidates have ran a pm campaign (or at least none that I know of). They should have campaigned more.

Yea, I ended up merely voting for the incumbents and then a person as the declared non-incumbent and then finally a selection of people who can serve/should have ran. A person could have gotten a higher preference probably had he PMed me.

Perhaps healthcare will change that, particulaly with an individual mandate in the mix. Motivate more candidates/interest for August.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #647 on: July 21, 2014, 11:02:19 PM »

Hi.  My computer isn't working now and I have to text everything.   I will get to the leg election soon, but consider this a LOA.

Scott
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #648 on: July 22, 2014, 05:29:11 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I did the vote counter with SJoyce, Coyle, Oak Hills, and DeadPrez, along this one with NCYankee's write-ins. Either way, the legislature has SJoyce, Coyle, and Oak. Congratulations!

http://paul-lockett.co.uk/stv.html
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #649 on: July 25, 2014, 08:32:18 PM »

Thank you so much for counting the results in my absence, Flo!  That helps me a lot.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I still lack a computer and am forced to text everything I type.  While my activity will still be limited, I am suspending my LOA and ordering the Legislature to begin its session.  I have many bills planned for when my computer is available again, but those unfortunately will have to be postponed.

In the meantime, I will certify the results of the election using Flo's count, which I did scan through to check for accuracy.  Thank you again for your assistance, Flo, and congratulations to the victors.

Emperor Scott
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies