Fictional characters you've made for school reports
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:08:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Fictional characters you've made for school reports
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fictional characters you've made for school reports  (Read 2374 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:00:27 PM »

Anyone else do this? My films & English teacher has practically no knowledge of history whatsoever. This gives me a large amount of freedom on assignments she gives us. In the beginning of the year in Films, one of our assignments was to explain why the silent film industry died. In it, I explained how Labor Secretary Arthur Hernwhich helped to destroy it (more to come on this) & about the Anarcho-Christian movement's silent film that advocated government overthrow made the industry look bad. More recently, I credited Senator Josiah Melvington of California for putting a Civil Rights plank on the 1948 Democatoc platform. I plan on using this character more in an assignment due Monday.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 07:30:25 PM »

This is beautiful!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:58:09 PM »

Why thank you.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 09:06:26 PM »

Anyone else do this? My films & English teacher has practically no knowledge of history whatsoever. This gives me a large amount of freedom on assignments she gives us. In the beginning of the year in Films, one of our assignments was to explain why the silent film industry died. In it, I explained how Labor Secretary Arthur Hernwhich helped to destroy it (more to come on this) & about the Anarcho-Christian movement's silent film that advocated government overthrow made the industry look bad. More recently, I credited Senator Josiah Melvington of California for putting a Civil Rights plank on the 1948 Democatoc platform. I plan on using this character more in an assignment due Monday.

Wow..........................
I am stuck in Awe Space at the monumental achievement of your RL trollery.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:33:47 AM »

Wow..........................
I am stuck in Awe Space at the monumental achievement of your RL trollery.

Oh god! I'm filled with Lulz!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 10:36:56 AM »

What Hernwhich specifically di to kill the silent film industry and make sure that silent film actors couldn't work in talkies was enact policies that didn't allow people from working in two industries. This was meant to protect workers from being over-worked by their corporate masters. However, the silent and talkie movie industries were classified separately and thus a number of stars were forced to decide between the dying silent industry and the talkie industry that they couldn't compete in. As well, Charlie Chaplin's famed visit to Nazi Germany--where he gave Hitler some hand facial hair grooming tips--helped to soil the industry.

The Anarcho-Christian movement came from a number of Irish and Italian immigrants who called for the overthrowing of the government. Their silent film "The Way" which layed out their messed up philosophy. This, along with Chaplin's nazi sympathies, made the industry look bad.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »

What Hernwhich specifically di to kill the silent film industry and make sure that silent film actors couldn't work in talkies was enact policies that didn't allow people from working in two industries. This was meant to protect workers from being over-worked by their corporate masters. However, the silent and talkie movie industries were classified separately and thus a number of stars were forced to decide between the dying silent industry and the talkie industry that they couldn't compete in. As well, Charlie Chaplin's famed visit to Nazi Germany--where he gave Hitler some hand facial hair grooming tips--helped to soil the industry.

The Anarcho-Christian movement came from a number of Irish and Italian immigrants who called for the overthrowing of the government. Their silent film "The Way" which layed out their messed up philosophy. This, along with Chaplin's nazi sympathies, made the industry look bad.

Wowl.............speechless.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 11:22:08 AM »

You'd better hope that teacher has little knowledge of Charlie Chaplin.  Chaplin actually played up that similarity of mustaches in his 1940 satire of the Nazis: The Great Dictator.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 12:04:30 PM »

You'd better hope that teacher has little knowledge of Charlie Chaplin.  Chaplin actually played up that similarity of mustaches in his 1940 satire of the Nazis: The Great Dictator.

He can always explain that Chaplin and Hitler broke up before 1940 and  The Great Dictator was a direct result of this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 12:07:54 PM »

Jokes aside, I well remember my HS history teacher giving dude an "A" for oral report. And he said that Poles and Swedes were batteling in 17th Century for... a hegemony over Mediterranean Sea.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »

I wanna start mapping out official careers for these guys. I just recently (today) introduced 1920's Treasury Secretary Marshall Calhoun to the gang. As far as I know, Arthur Hernwhich was a Representative from New York before serving as Labor Secretary from 1933 to 1935 (FDR of course had to fire him after that flub with the silent films). Josiah Melvington on the other hand is a Progressive Republican elected to the Senate in 1938, only to switch to the Democrats in 1940. Maybe in English we'll one day be tasked with giving an oral report on our hero. (God, I hope for that)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »

this is awesome stuff.  respect.  the furthest I ever went was to put fake words in essays and reports, almost never caught.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 12:59:28 PM »

this is awesome stuff.  respect.  the furthest I ever went was to put fake words in essays and reports, almost never caught.

How is this awesome?  Don't you children know that no one ever reads your little reports, papers, exams, etc.??

Don't you understand?  Your teachers don't care and are sick of you, and work for the subsistence salary, nothing more.  We don't read your reports, we just take about 2 seconds to pick a grade out of thin air.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies