Fictional characters you've made for school reports (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:50:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Fictional characters you've made for school reports (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fictional characters you've made for school reports  (Read 2407 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:06:26 PM »

Anyone else do this? My films & English teacher has practically no knowledge of history whatsoever. This gives me a large amount of freedom on assignments she gives us. In the beginning of the year in Films, one of our assignments was to explain why the silent film industry died. In it, I explained how Labor Secretary Arthur Hernwhich helped to destroy it (more to come on this) & about the Anarcho-Christian movement's silent film that advocated government overthrow made the industry look bad. More recently, I credited Senator Josiah Melvington of California for putting a Civil Rights plank on the 1948 Democatoc platform. I plan on using this character more in an assignment due Monday.

Wow..........................
I am stuck in Awe Space at the monumental achievement of your RL trollery.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 10:54:19 AM »

What Hernwhich specifically di to kill the silent film industry and make sure that silent film actors couldn't work in talkies was enact policies that didn't allow people from working in two industries. This was meant to protect workers from being over-worked by their corporate masters. However, the silent and talkie movie industries were classified separately and thus a number of stars were forced to decide between the dying silent industry and the talkie industry that they couldn't compete in. As well, Charlie Chaplin's famed visit to Nazi Germany--where he gave Hitler some hand facial hair grooming tips--helped to soil the industry.

The Anarcho-Christian movement came from a number of Irish and Italian immigrants who called for the overthrowing of the government. Their silent film "The Way" which layed out their messed up philosophy. This, along with Chaplin's nazi sympathies, made the industry look bad.

Wowl.............speechless.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies