Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 12:38:41 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Apology for the 2012 Forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Apology for the 2012 Forum  (Read 1273 times)
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:25:08 pm »
Ignore

I know I have been a shameless Romney hack the past few months. Part of it was to be funny, see how far I could push the absurdity while maintaining believability, even though I really do support Romney (although obviously NOBODY thinks THAT highly of ANY candidate with the possible exception of a certain poster from Pennsylvania, I suppose...). With that said, I am going to tone it down to virtually zero. I am not interested in being regarded as a troll. That was never my intent. I have been both an active and lurking member of this forum for years, before Politico Magazine existed to give you an idea of how long. I would like to remain on here.

That aside, I would like to apologize for the over-the-top and relentless attacks on Gingrich. Sometimes I kind of felt like George H.W. Bush's team piling on poor Michael Dukakis, but then I snapped out of it and realized that Gingrich deserved all of it. Ultimately, I simply gave a preview of what I thought the campaign would do, and most of it unfolded accordingly. Needless to say, Gingrich was thoroughly destroyed, but it was for the good of the nation. I am not going to apologize to Gingrich fans who are upset about his destruction, and I would appreciate it if they would stop brushing through all of my posts with a fine comb in an attempt to pile up my infraction points and get me banned. It was just politics. I was simply spreading the word on here. I was just a messenger.

With regards to Santorum, I think I took it lightly on him. I disagree with his tone, past actions, and quite a few social stances of his, but I somewhat respect him. He is a respectable alternative to Romney in comparison to Gingrich. The campaign took it even lighter on Santorum than I did.

In conclusion, from now on I will not be hackish and will therefore be less entertaining. You will not get any more material from me for The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy. That is the price of being objective, and the result of some folks reporting relatively harmless posts in an attempt to get me banned rather than simply ignoring me as they should have. They ruined it for those of us who enjoyed this gig. Objectivity is all you will get from Politico from now on if our dear moderators choose to take me off Moderator Review.

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:25:45 pm »
Ignore

We can't take you off moderator review.  It'll happen automatically after 7 or 10 days (I don't remember which).
How Erg the Self-Inductor Slew a Paleface
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:27:37 pm »
Ignore

I know I have been a shameless Romney hack the past few months. Part of it was to be funny, see how far I could push the absurdity while maintaining believability

Dude, it was amusing at first, but eventually you became just too obvious.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 12:30:41 pm »
Ignore

It'll happen automatically after 7 or 10 days (I don't remember which).

This makes me smile.

Never any doubt.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:02:55 pm »
Ignore

We all figured it out Tongue I can't speak for everyone, but I speak for myself when I say no hard feelings Tongue

I'm a teenaged male. Everything is wrong with me.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 01:04:38 pm »
Ignore

This still doesn't explain Wonfield.

It was either the ham sandwiches or Whataburger today.
Camerlengo Alfred of the Papal Patch
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 01:16:45 pm »
Ignore

But it was fun! Wah!

It's OK. We're all cool now.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 01:19:13 pm »
Ignore

no hard feelings Smiley

asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 02:38:03 pm »
Ignore

No hard feelings. You did give us some good cheer. I look forward to seeing what the new improved objective Politico will be like.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 02:41:19 pm »
Ignore

Too late, man.  You've already been cast as an obsessive Romney fanboy in my timeline.

Your Atlas experience will be 100x better if you turn signatures off. Trust me.
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 02:43:06 pm »
Ignore

I reserve the right to hard feelings.

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 02:48:27 pm »
Ignore

Nooooo, don't break character, stand up and fight politico!
Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 03:18:19 pm »
Ignore

Now all that's left is for Winfield to *ahem* come out of the closet.

Unfortunately, I think he might be being serious.
ōcēlōxōchitl
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 03:19:04 pm »
Ignore

Now all that's left is for Winfield to *ahem* come out of the closet.

Unfortunately, I think he might be being serious.
Don't you mean to come out from the dog crate?

АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 05:28:35 pm »
Ignore

It's too late. You've already marked yourself as a joke poster, a troll, a spammer, and a hack.

Make some meaningful contributions and someday that might change.

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
BigSkyBob
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 06:48:26 pm »
Ignore

It's too late. You've already marked yourself as a joke poster, a troll, a spammer, and a hack.

Make some meaningful contributions and someday that might change.

Since Politico's use of the politics of personal destruction has been repeated by other campaign surrogates in other venues, I will not take seriously any notion that it was in any way a "joke." That is just his failure to taken responsibility for his actions. However, the obvious insincerity of his attacks [bipolar mother = Hitler], the systematic dumps onto this forum of the Romney's team lastest talking points, and the shamelessness of his defenses of the indefensible identify him a troll, spammer and hack.

The real scandal in Washington is not the bribery, corruption, or sex. It is how poorly we are governed.
Nagas
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 06:50:54 pm »
Ignore

Did politico just flip flop on his posting habits?

Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 06:52:01 pm »
Ignore

A real supporter of Romney? You do realize you have done more damage than anything positive or favorable. With supporters like that, who needs opponents. Tongue

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

BigSkyBob
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 06:53:43 pm »
Ignore

I guess you missed the "nuances" in his "apology."

The real scandal in Washington is not the bribery, corruption, or sex. It is how poorly we are governed.
You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 07:59:45 pm »
Ignore

Like a true Romney supporter.

TheGlobalizer
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 02:17:14 pm »
Ignore

Don't bother apologizing, Politico.  You haven't done anything wrong, IMO, there are just some folks here that are far too tightly wound for their own good and future health.

I greatly respect some of the longtime posters here, but I'm phasing out this site from my routine, as I simply can't be bothered to walk on eggshells on a frickin' internet forum.
BigSkyBob
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 03:10:50 pm »
Ignore

Don't bother apologizing, Politico.  You haven't done anything wrong, IMO,

You don't consider equating all people whom happen to have a relative whom suffered from maniac depression to Adolph Hitler to be wrong? If that wasn't a willfull attempt to stigmatize mental illness, what is? Nor, were his attempts to set a weight requirement to be President any thing other than an appeal to prejudices against overweight people.

Politico's attempts to blame some unspecified Gingrich supporter for his woes just shows how unapologetic he really is. If he wants to play a game of whodunit may I suggest that he consider every Gingrich supporter, every Santorum supporter, and every Obama supporter [if Romney wins the nomination the smear machine will turn to Obama.] Then, there is everyone whom has a relative with a mental illness, or, even autism. Those whom are overweight and tired of being demeaned. And, finally, there are those whom have had enough of his spam.

Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 03:24:35 pm »
Ignore

I thought some of the "santorum" jokes went too far (though you are not alone), and at times there were too many threads, but whatever...no sweat.

Renew our Democracy!
TheGlobalizer
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 04:05:40 pm »
Ignore

Don't bother apologizing, Politico.  You haven't done anything wrong, IMO,

You don't consider equating all people whom happen to have a relative whom suffered from maniac depression to Adolph Hitler to be wrong? If that wasn't a willfull attempt to stigmatize mental illness, what is? Nor, were his attempts to set a weight requirement to be President any thing other than an appeal to prejudices against overweight people.

Politico's attempts to blame some unspecified Gingrich supporter for his woes just shows how unapologetic he really is. If he wants to play a game of whodunit may I suggest that he consider every Gingrich supporter, every Santorum supporter, and every Obama supporter [if Romney wins the nomination the smear machine will turn to Obama.] Then, there is everyone whom has a relative with a mental illness, or, even autism. Those whom are overweight and tired of being demeaned. And, finally, there are those whom have had enough of his spam.

It's the internet, dude.  If you don't like being around people with ideas that offend you or that you disagree with, there's a power button for that.  I think there should be some minimum standards (e.g., no personal attacks on other forum members), but I find it awfully quaint to apply some sort of chilling, restrictive appropriateness standard to politics discussions on the internet, of all things.
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -5.30, S: -8.87

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 04:21:27 pm »
Ignore

I mourn at the loss of the ultimate hack's entertainment value.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout