I miss the old days (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:25:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I miss the old days (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I miss the old days  (Read 3283 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: February 26, 2012, 07:26:34 PM »

Those Mark Warner "jokes" (apparently they had humorous intent, although I never understood how) were the worst.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:23:17 AM »

I'm pretty sure it goes the other way around; I used to have half a dozen remotes, but now I only need one.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »

Those Mark Warner "jokes" (apparently they had humorous intent, although I never understood how) were the worst.

You had to understand the context, though they were overplayed and thus became non-funny. Around 2005-mid 2006 the forum was infested with Moderate Heroes who believed Mark Warner was the glorious savior and the only Democrat who could win in 2008. This same crowd also thought Evan Bayh of all people was a great principled centrist. It makes me wonder why people who were around then still defend Moderate Heroism. Now that Mark Warner is a rather uninteresting and backbencher Senator the jokes no longer make sense.

Oh, yeah, I get that. I've seen posts where Boris and Tweed talk about how great Mark Warner is. 2005 was a dark time.

The problem is that the stuff that Kalwejt refers to is from much, much later than that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies