Should we reduce the number of regions to three? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:41:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should we reduce the number of regions to three? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What do you think?
Yes

No

Unsure/Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Should we reduce the number of regions to three?  (Read 1911 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: February 27, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »

Another idea might be the return of districts instead of at-large Senate seats, although I'm sure there's good reason we got rid of them in the first place. Tongue

Am I the only person here who remembers when we got rid of them? Bringing back districts would be an awful idea.

It was driven largely by the fact that district seats almost always resembled regional seats, IIRC.  I have no idea how abolishing at-large seats would help this.  If district seats were brought back, it would make much more sense for them to replace regional seats than at-large seats.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:51:30 PM »

I think you guys are also failing to see that it's because the regions are so small that they can become so dominated by one faction.

The solution, then, is to encourage migration, like we did in 2005.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:09:27 PM »

I think you guys are also failing to see that it's because the regions are so small that they can become so dominated by one faction.

The solution, then, is to encourage migration, like we did in 2005.

I kind of just wish people registered where they actually lived. And foreigners stayed in the same spot. That would probably fix a lot of things.

I seem to recall that a lot of the 2005 effort was to get foreigners to register in underpopulated regions; that's how the Midwest got its sizable German contingent, for example.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies