My generation is f**ked (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:49:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  My generation is f**ked (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My generation is f**ked  (Read 5142 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: February 27, 2012, 11:18:54 AM »

An entire class of young people who think they can become journalists? Yes, they truly are f**ked.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The appropriate, non-interventionist response. "Beware of foreign entanglements", et cetera. Glad to see they know their George Washington. Smiley

Appropriate world-weariness and cynicism. Politicians do not care about you or your classmates, so there is no reason why any of you should give a whit about the old, rich and corrupt bastards. Smiley

Glad to see your classmates are passionate about domestic violence issues! This is something that will be very relevant to their lives, either currently or in the near future. Chances are, someone in your class is or will be in an abusive relationship. Probably more than one. Yet others will know someone who is in an abusive relationship. The stakes of this discussion are very high. It's important that abuse is ostracized as much as possible, and not become something that is seen as 'normal'. Due to this, the idea of Rihanna and Chris Brown collaborating disturbs me greatly. Tongue

Overall, I would agree with you that I am seriously concerned about your classmates... poor things, most of them will never make it as journalists, and the few that do will be getting paid dirt. Tongue
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:12:24 PM »

“You think about this. When you get old, these kids — when I get old — they’re gonna be running the country. Now this is the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night: that when I get older, these kids are gonna take care of me.”

“I wouldn’t count on it.”
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »

I somehow doubt you mean that literally, as there is nothing negative about this honorable profession.  Perhaps you mean something else.. some other related malign of the gender.  In any case your crude statement tells us much more about you than about the ladies in question.  And it is not to your credit, I might add.

^^^ You are right.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 04:10:27 PM »

Every generation is f**cked...they all pass away.  Plus, every generation starts off idealistic, distracted and flesh-driven, grows up cynical and suspicious, lives an adult life trying to survive and provide for a few other people around them, ages cynical and suspicious, and passes on trying to appreciate every last drop they have left.  When any generation comes along that isn't like this, wake me--I'll be sure to watch.

So very true.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies