NE SENATE: Bob Kerrey "Reconsiders" a run... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:01:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NE SENATE: Bob Kerrey "Reconsiders" a run... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE SENATE: Bob Kerrey "Reconsiders" a run...  (Read 2684 times)
rbt48

« on: February 27, 2012, 11:00:14 PM »

Latest from the Omaha World-Herald:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120227/NEWS01/702279925#bob-kerrey-has-until-thursday-for-senate-decision

"Some Democrats made it clear they weren't happy, notably Chuck Hassebrook of Lyons, Neb.

He ran for Senate rather than seek re-election as an NU regent after Kerrey got out. Hassebrook essentially said Monday that Kerrey's “integrity” is at stake.

“Bob Kerrey is a man of integrity. He told me as recently as a few days ago that he would assist my campaign. I gave up my seat on the University of Nebraska Board of Regents based on his word. I do not believe he would go back on it,” he said."

At least to me, he sounds not yet to have firmly decided to run or not to run.

Probably Chuck Hassebrook's remarks gave him pause to ponder as he is a decent guy who won't easily go back on his word.  I'm sure there is lots of pressure for him to run.  But if Atty Gen Bruning wins the nomination for the GOP, Kerry will not win.
rbt48

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:05:25 PM »

He is running:
http://www.omaha.com/article/20120229/NEWS01/702299827#bob-kerrey-will-run-for-u-s-senate
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies