Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2014, 02:05:01 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  New Breeding Program Aimed At Keeping Moderate Republicans From Going Extinct
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Breeding Program Aimed At Keeping Moderate Republicans From Going Extinct  (Read 1124 times)
Judäischen Volksfront
exnaderite
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -8.26

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2012, 10:15:25 pm »
Ignore

http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-breeding-program-aimed-at-keeping-moderate-rep,27371/

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 11:03:53 am »
Ignore

"Last week we shot Gov. Mitch Daniels with a tranquilizer dart from a blind we'd set up near the Indiana Capitol, and we plan on mating him very soon with a senator we trapped up in Maine," said IPPM reproductive expert Gabriel Burke, adding that forced breeding of centrist Republicans in captivity is a humane, carefully regulated procedure designed to simulate mating in the wild. "While captive specimens tend to be wary around each other at first, once they sense they're both opponents of labor unions yet also willing to make tough compromises on collective bargaining rights, the sexual ritual begins almost instantly."

wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: -1.57

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 02:15:53 pm »
Ignore

"Moderate" Republicans are the most disgusting creatures known to man.  The fact that liberals jizz themselves over them, despite their representing everything they [claimed to have] hated circa '04-'08, is, frankly, laughable.
memphis
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 03:07:18 pm »
Ignore

Please inform John Fleming

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I don't want my women talking to people
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 03:35:47 pm »
Ignore

"Moderate" Republicans are the most disgusting creatures known to man.  The fact that liberals jizz themselves over them, despite their representing everything they [claimed to have] hated circa '04-'08, is, frankly, laughable.

Jim Jeffords and Lincoln Chafee sure got their way; they are proud Republicans today because of it.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Badger
badger
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 12:42:42 am »

The fact we now consider Mitch Daniels a "moderate Republican" provides more comedy than the Onion article.

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 04:28:24 am »
Ignore

That's the problem : they represent everything we hate, and still they are less disgusting than the rest of the GOP.

HashCAN     americans saw the EP elections and people cringing at Europeans being morons and electing Nazis; so they massively said "NO" and decided to prove that they're still bigger morons

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 12:03:18 pm »
Ignore

It would be far better to institute a program of exterminating the other kind, like trapping the rats on Vanuatu.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 01:25:31 pm »
Ignore

I do feel the hate on this thread. Ouch!  Tongue

Mr.Phips
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 09:27:36 pm »
Ignore

The most frustrating thing is that Republicans can still be the majority party without a single moderate member of the House or Senate.  Democrats have several moderates and still are the minority party. 
greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 12:06:51 am »
Ignore

Moderate Republicans are still conservatives. Actual moderates have mostly abandoned the Republicans.
Polsci

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 01:17:34 am »
Ignore

I would be a Republican if it was still the Eisenhower party.  To be fair I don't like either extremes.  I think the Republicans will make a moderate comeback though, just give them time to mature with age and a world war maybe.

I am an American first.  Ideology always comes after serving the citizenry.  Ours is a country by the people, for the people, and of the people.
Governor Simfan
Simfan34
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 04:36:36 pm »
Ignore

From what I know of moderate Republican women, I say this:

Sign me up!

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 05:56:39 pm »
Ignore

From what I've seen with the Republican primary, all one has to do to be a moderate is differ with their party on one minor issue.  After that, ding!  Moderate.
Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:37 pm »
Ignore

Does anyone else find the line about the Senator from Maine particularly amusing considering Snowe just retired?

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
True Federalist
Ernest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 12:12:37 am »

Does anyone else find the line about the Senator from Maine particularly amusing considering Snowe just retired?

Reminds me of an old B.C. comic strip from a collection my brother had.  (The below is not the exact words, but close enough.  The gag was particularly memorable because when I first read it, I was young enough to not get the joke.)

B.C.: I just finished counting the apteryx population and we need to act now if we're to save them from extinction.
Peter: Oh?  How many are left?
B.C.: One!
Peter: Biology never was one of your better subjects, was it?

People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections. — Khaled Hosseini
Tidewater_Wave
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 12:38:21 am »
Ignore

Yep it's happening all around.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout