MI Dems for Rick? Bad! 53% of non-Republicans in NH though... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:56:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  MI Dems for Rick? Bad! 53% of non-Republicans in NH though... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI Dems for Rick? Bad! 53% of non-Republicans in NH though...  (Read 1274 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: February 28, 2012, 05:03:36 PM »

Santorum supporters have to recognize that democrats are voting for Rick because they think he's a joke.

As much as I hate to agree, it's true.  One of my friends, who was head of the College Dems here was in the Detroit Free Press today talking about how he voted for Santorum because Obama can beat him.  And I've seen him promoting this to his friends all week.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 05:09:02 PM »

One of the big differences is that the Democrats voting for Santorum (at least that I know) aren't conservative Democrats.  Everybody I've talked to (and I'm close with a lot of Democrats on campus) have crossed lines to screw with the GOP.  Ultimately, Limbaugh's probably to blame, supporting stuff like this in 2008, and now it's coming back to bite us.  And nobody's complaining about "non-Republicans".  They're complaining about hard-core Democrats.  53% being non-Republicans isn't the same as being Democrats.  There's a lot of Independents in that number.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:13:35 PM »

Fact: there is no substantial proof that most Dems voting for Santorum are doing so for electability reasons. As many of us pointed out before, this tactical voting very rarely happens. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but it won't be substantial enough.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120228/NEWS15/120228049/Democrats-voting-droves-Santorum-Paul-deny-Romney-Michigan-win?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies