MI Dems for Rick? Bad! 53% of non-Republicans in NH though... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:32:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  MI Dems for Rick? Bad! 53% of non-Republicans in NH though... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI Dems for Rick? Bad! 53% of non-Republicans in NH though...  (Read 1268 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: February 28, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »

So MI Dems for anyone but Mitt is horrible but, as Santorum points out, the 53% of non-Republicans in NH for Mitt are fine by Romney - http://politi.co/zj36hO

Mitt, thanks for making it so easy to own you. No, not that owning. We know, we know...you are very rich.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:25:58 PM »

Really, calling Romney a bully? Get some skin, Rick.

Democrats aren't voting for Santorum in Michigan because they're "conservative Democrats" and he's "appealing" to him. They're voting for him because they find it laughable that he actually has a shot at the nomination, and they know Obama will destroy him in a General Election.

Uh, he certainly appeals to conservative Dems just like Mitt, at one time, appealed to moderate Norteastern Dems.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 04:27:15 PM »

And how does Rick have to grow some skin? Have you seen your candidate today? He's been crying about Santorum winning Democrats non stop.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 04:35:43 PM »

Fact: there is no substantial proof that most Dems voting for Santorum are doing so for electability reasons. As many of us pointed out before, this tactical voting very rarely happens. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but it won't be substantial enough.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 04:43:08 PM »

Winning over Independent voters, like both Paul and Romney did in New Hampshire, is what's going to help us win in November. Not the "conservative Democrats" who voted for Santorum today in Michigan. Considering they'll all be voting for Obama regardless of the GOP nominee, they'll be hindering us instead.

Uh...conservative Dems are definitely voting for Obama?

I love trees. I love cars. God, those American cars...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 06:38:26 PM »

New Hampshire's primary was only open to Republicans and Independents. Therefore your argument in favor of RINO Santorum Phil is falling flat.

Uh...my argument is about non-Republicans. Try...you know...reading the title and Santorum's quote.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »

New Hampshire's primary was only open to Republicans and Independents. Therefore your argument in favor of RINO Santorum Phil is falling flat.

Uh...my argument is about non-Republicans. Try...you know...reading the title and Santorum's quote.

You're defending his tactics, when it clearly isn't a mirror reflection of the electorate voting in New Hampshire. Independents and Democrats are two different groups.

Correct, I'm defending him going after voters that are eligible to vote (not that I like open primaries). I'm sorry that the incompetent campaign that you support didn't make an effort with these voters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies