Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 12:58:12 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  How long until we hear this: "Michigan isn't Mitt's home state."
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How long until we hear this: "Michigan isn't Mitt's home state."  (Read 461 times)
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2012, 04:37:26 pm »
Ignore

Serious question. There will be some variation of this in the Wednesday morning spin if Romney loses.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
M
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:49:12 pm »
Ignore

Even though it wasn't his home state, Mitt defied the odds and won another silver!

Recently moved to Jackson, Mississippi.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 04:50:47 pm »
Ignore

Even though it wasn't his home state, Mitt defied the odds and won another silver!

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't pulled out that cornball phrase again.

ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 04:56:26 pm »
Ignore

Mittens will have thrown Michigan under the bus by the morning if he loses.

Likely Voter
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 04:58:13 pm »
Ignore

They will blame dems

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 05:01:52 pm »
Ignore

Well it's NOT his home state.  Massachusettes is.  But it was the Romney campaign that labelled Michigan as his home state, so he really screwed himself there.  I'd argue that Georgia isn't Gingrich's home state either, but it's really Virginia now, but Gingrich can't say that, since he's not even on the ballot there.
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 05:02:25 pm »
Ignore

Mitt has not lived in Michigan in almost half a century. However, if he loses it will be because of Michael Moore Democrats who are carrying out what Moore calls, "Operation Hilarity" (AKA "Operation Backdoor" on the Atlas)

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 05:50:17 pm »
Ignore

Serious question. There will be some variation of this in the Wednesday morning spin if Romney loses.

You can hear it right here, right now: Michigan is not Mitt's home state, and it hasn't been for some time. Dude can't seriously have four home states, even if he is rich enough to own property in each and every one of them.

His real home state has to be considered to be Massachusetts, since that's where the entirety of his political career was. Even though he's moved to New Hampshire. Even though he ran the Olympics in Salt Lake. Even though his dad was governor of Michigan.

Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 06:55:09 pm »
Ignore

Mitt has not lived in Michigan in almost half a century. However, if he loses it will be because of Michael Moore Democrats who are carrying out what Moore calls, "Operation Hilarity" (AKA "Operation Backdoor" on the Atlas)

If Romney loses Michigan it will be because he didn't get enough votes, period.

http://spectator.org/blog/2012/02/28/reagans-crossover-democrats
It is irrefutable that if Reagan had bombed out of the presidential primaries in 1976, he would have had no chance in 1980. In 1976, though, he lost the first six contests, sprung an upset in North Carolina, and then lost two more contests. So he had lost eight out of nine, and the last one before Texas was a 93-5 wipeout loss in Pennsylvania. He was dead in the water. Then came Texas. Reagan won a huge victory in Texas, 66%-33%, largely via an immense crossover vote from Texas Democrats. He won all 100 delegates from the state, completely jump-starting his campaign and going on to win a long series of primaries. Conservative U.S. Sen. John Tower of texas,was a Ford man that year, and he complained bitterly that the Reagan win was due to the Dems.

Renew our Democracy!
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 08:24:30 pm »
Ignore

Well it's NOT his home state.  Massachusettes is.  But it was the Romney campaign that labelled Michigan as his home state, so he really screwed himself there.

He was born and grew up there -that by definition suggests Michigan is in fact his home state.

I'd argue that Georgia isn't Gingrich's home state either, but it's really Virginia now, but Gingrich can't say that, since he's not even on the ballot there.

I thought he was born in Philadelphia...

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 10:07:29 pm »
Ignore

Newt was born in Harrisburg, not Philadelphia.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 10:23:25 pm »
Ignore

Mitt wont be throwing it under the bus--he won. If lost, well, thats another story.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 12:33:13 am »
Ignore

Well it's NOT his home state.  Massachusettes is.  But it was the Romney campaign that labelled Michigan as his home state, so he really screwed himself there.

He was born and grew up there -that by definition suggests Michigan is in fact his home state.

I'd argue that Georgia isn't Gingrich's home state either, but it's really Virginia now, but Gingrich can't say that, since he's not even on the ballot there.

I thought he was born in Philadelphia...

I don't consider where you "grow up" to be your political home state.  I consider it to be where you spend the last 10-or-so years of your life.  Maybe where you were last elected, but if you've been out of office for a while, it's where you've been living.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout