North Korea agrees to suspend nuclear program and allow inspectors (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:02:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  North Korea agrees to suspend nuclear program and allow inspectors (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Korea agrees to suspend nuclear program and allow inspectors  (Read 844 times)
Jacobtm

« on: February 29, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »

analysts cautioned that Pyongyang has backtracked repeatedly on past deals.

Jacobtm

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2012, 03:13:48 PM by Jacobtm »

Oh noes, we're going to invade N.Korea now!

(because, as the argument goes, if they are bad and don't have nukes we invade....it's been the only thing that's kept the N.Koreans safe all these many decades)

Well, I don't quite know if our military leaders are ballsy enough to invade a Chinese ally on the Chinese border.

But yes, without nukes the likelihood of military action against North Korea goes from 0% to possible.

Though who honestly thinks they'll give up their nukes? Anybody?
Jacobtm

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 07:00:12 PM »

But dude, that's the only thing holding us back from attacking N.Korea.  Or at least that's what I keep hearing from some people.  It's the only thing holding us back from attacking Iran right now....errr, I mean it WILL be the only thing holding us back when they get one.  The thing holding us back now is....huh.....

Hm?

There are many factors that go into decisions, y'know? Nuclear bombs are definitely a powerful factor.

We've never invaded a country with nuclear bombs, so it seems like a pretty strong deterrent.

C'mon with the strawman stuff.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies