2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:29:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 26
Author Topic: 2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA)  (Read 83336 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2012, 08:42:22 PM »

Now, to think ahead: am I the only one really hoping this second round of anti-incumbency stealth-strikes Hatch next? Cheesy
Unlike Murdock for Lugar, Liljenquist for Hatch is a trade I would welcome. Unfortunately, the chances are pretty slim.

Why don't you like Lugar losing?  Guy's a creep and wants to be in office for 42 years.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2012, 08:47:55 PM »

Barrett is beating Falk by double-digits in Dane County. Wow, that's gotta hurt.

Disappointing (but not surprising) that amendment one will pass in NC.

As for Lugar, did he win any counties?

Boone and Marion; he's winning Hamilton with about 1/5th in and is a few votes ahead in Tippecanoe with about 4/5ths in.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2012, 08:49:50 PM »

Now, to think ahead: am I the only one really hoping this second round of anti-incumbency stealth-strikes Hatch next? Cheesy
Unlike Murdock for Lugar, Liljenquist for Hatch is a trade I would welcome. Unfortunately, the chances are pretty slim.

Why don't you like Lugar losing?  Guy's a creep and wants to be in office for 42 years.
Please tell me, how is Richard Lugar a "creep"? You apparently don't know too much about him, or don't know what a "creep" actually is.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »

Please tell me, how is Richard Lugar a "creep"? You apparently don't know too much about him, or don't know what a "creep" actually is.

Anyone who wants to be a politician for 54+ years is by definition a creep, especially if they've devoted their entire political career to their desire to have the government control every aspect of everyone's lives.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2012, 08:56:42 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2012, 09:03:46 PM by The Great Pumpkin »

Barrett is beating Falk by double-digits in Dane County. Wow, that's gotta hurt.

Nothing in from Madison yet - but still, yeah.

Edit: actually, now that a few wards come in she's getting beaten pretty badly in the city too.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2012, 09:08:36 PM »

It's nice to see that there will likely be 2 females in the Indiana delegation starting next year, possibly three if Yoder can beat Young.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2012, 09:16:08 PM »

Hopefully McIntosh still pulls it out but Walorski is kewl
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »

I find Lugar to be much better on foreign policy than Murdock and the great majority of Republicans in Congress, and has an impressive record in that area.  Also, I like his nonreactionary approach to immigration and other issues.

On the other hand, I can appreciate the view that he's just spent too long in office. 
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2012, 09:43:31 PM »

Rouzer is currently ahead by 300 votes in NC-07, he has 83% in Johnston and is tied in Sampson, but is loosing everything else by 2-1 or more.

We always knew this would be a good race to watch.

That would be funny if he wins with just Johnston and Sampson.

Here's what Rouzer-Pantano looks like so far:

Rouzer is leading with 37% in Hoke.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2012, 09:43:56 PM »

Hopefully McIntosh still pulls it out but Walorski is kewl
I supported Brooks, but either I'd be okay with.

In other news, Buchson's opponent in the 8th, Crooks, did horrible in the primary. Granted, he didn't run much of a campaign, but he lost several counties and did mediocre in others to two candidates, one who lives in New York and the other who didn't have one campaign appearance. Buchson's not my favorite, I didn't support him, but he'll likely retain his seat. I don't really think there will be a close House race in Indiana. A couple moderately interesting, but none within 5 points.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2012, 09:50:38 PM »

I find Lugar to be much better on foreign policy than Murdock and the great majority of Republicans in Congress, and has an impressive record in that area.  Also, I like his nonreactionary approach to immigration and other issues.

On the other hand, I can appreciate the view that he's just spent too long in office. 

Dude was a neocon before being a neocon was cool, and has supported every single foreign intervention since the beginning of his tenure.  There is absolutely nothing redeeming about his foreign policy record except being a moderate hero for 1 day(!) on Iraq in 2007 before issuing a press release "explaining" himself.  He's also one of the most consistent enemies of civil liberties in congress, including the one issue Republicans are generally good on, gun rights.  Frankly, I don't care if Mourdock is good or bad.  It's not like he could possibly be noticeably worse, and it's easier to get rid of a recently-elected incumbent than a long-term one.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2012, 10:45:55 PM »

Rouzer is currently ahead by 300 votes in NC-07, he has 83% in Johnston and is tied in Sampson, but is loosing everything else by 2-1 or more.

Rouzer appears to have won by 3% 48%-45%

Johnston is Boss:
Johnston 41/41
Pantano 12%
Rouzer 82%
Crow 7%
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2012, 10:52:56 PM »

Rouzer appears to have won by 3% 48%-45%

Johnston is Boss:
Johnston 41/41
Pantano 12%
Rouzer 82%
Crow 7%

Yeah. Kudos to Rouzer.

The problem for Rouzer though is that he'll be pretty unknown in the rest of the district, territory that McIntyre has represented for 16 years. McIntyre was already going to perform poorly in Johnston because of the counties strong GOP lean. It will be a good race to watch.
rob in cal
« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2012, 10:51:23 AM »

Anyone seen a breakdown by race for support on Amendment one?  My guess is that white and black voters were probably close to equal in support levels.  Somehow I'm thinking this is not what liberal politicians envision when they think of whites and blacks coming together on issues.

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2012, 09:25:57 PM »

Palin endorsed Deb Fischer in the Nebraska Republican Senate primary. McCain and the TPE endorsed Tom Cotton in the AR-4 GOP primary.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2012, 05:52:50 PM »

Yeah, so, not much going on next week. The only thing of note, really, is the Republican primary for NE-Sen, but that appears to be a fairly dull affair with Jon Bruning comfortably ahead of the other two.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2012, 06:04:18 PM »

Murphy trounced Bysiewicz 3-1 at the CT Democratic convention today, but of course they're still going to the August primary.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2012, 09:59:11 PM »

Tom Cotton leads Beth Anne Rankin 51-33 in a new Talk Business poll. The 4th's next congressman whether he wins outright next week or in the June runoff.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2012, 04:30:11 PM »

Okay, so maybe I spoke too soon in regards to NE-Sen. Fischer is ahead in two primary polls (caveats: taken over Mother's Day weekend, and Nebraska apparently has early voting).
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »

Bruning probably wins by earlies/absentees, but it'll be close. MI close rather than OH close is my tentative guess.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2012, 08:35:50 PM »

Nebraska results. Currently 40-35 for Bruning. Interestingly, Fischer is winning Douglas County (Omaha). Bruning is winning most other places, though.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2012, 08:37:01 PM »

Have we any results yet?
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2012, 08:57:16 PM »

Nebraska result 22% in
Bruning 41%
Fisher 32%
Stenberg 22%
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2012, 09:25:31 PM »

Bruning is only ahead by 1,300 votes now. The rural counties are coming in strong for Fischer.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »

Nebraska sen rep primary 41% in
Bruning- 38.4%
Fischer- 36.7%
Stenberg- 20.5%
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 26  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length