Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 09:19:05 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: 2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA)  (Read 26159 times)
A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 01:12:52 pm »
Ignore

Wait...Albert Gore? You don't mean...

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 02:21:19 pm »
Ignore

Wait...Albert Gore? You don't mean...
No we don't.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 07:36:26 pm »
Ignore

Illinois results.

IL-02 is coming in quickly; Jackson, unsurprisingly, is winning this one going away. Early results in IL-10 are a tie between Schneider and Sheyman. Nothing to report elsewhere.
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 07:50:33 pm »
Ignore

Pretty strong lead for Tammy Duckworth in IL-08, albeit with only Cook reporting so far.

Half the precincts in for IL-10; Schenider leads Sheyman 46-40.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 08:05:56 pm »
Ignore

Really don't see how Schneider loses now.  Should tell you not to trust paid polls, as always.
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 08:08:31 pm »
Ignore

Kinzinger/Manzullo looks like it will be comically polarized, unsurprisingly. Kinzinger is getting 79% in LaSalle.
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 09:01:28 pm »
Ignore

Actually, doesn't look too good for Manzullo. He's only leading in three counties, and he'll need a big margin in Winnebago to pull off a win.
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 09:16:51 pm »
Ignore

I was trying to remember why Sheyman's name sounded familiar, so I went back to the Ill. congressional jujitsu thread. Krazen seemed to be pulling for him to win.
Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 10:20:17 pm »
Ignore

As AP has called it: Kinzinger has bonked Manzullo, 56-44.

To be blunt, I won't miss him very much.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2012, 10:23:56 pm »
Ignore

Kinzinger has bonked Manzullo

Scandal!

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 10:27:27 pm »
Ignore

Kinzinger has bonked Manzullo

Scandal!

I did not have that particular interpretation in mind when I composed that, no. Tongue
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2012, 10:33:46 pm »
Ignore

Tammy Duckworth also easily won the primary to face Joe Walsh.
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 11:46:04 pm »
Ignore

Kinzinger was one of the few Republicans to be more anti-Gaddafi than anti-Obama, so I supported him. Good.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:54:54 pm by The needle and the damage done »Logged

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2012, 11:46:41 pm »
Ignore

Jim Oberweis won the primary for a state senate seat.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 04:51:24 am »
Ignore

lol

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 06:59:04 am »
Ignore

Sixth time's the charm.
nclib
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 06:00:14 pm »
Ignore

I'm surprised Kinzinger won.

Kinzinger was one of the few Republicans to be more anti-Gaddafi than anti-Obama, so I supported him. Good.

Didn't know he was more palatable than Manzullo, but in that case, good.

[George W. Bush] has shattered the myth of white supremacy once and for all. -- Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY)

"George Bush supports abstinence. Lucky Laura."
- sign seen at the March for Women's Lives, 4/25/04

JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 08:30:07 am »
Ignore

So, Maryland. The only real action is in the Democratic primary in MD-06, where wealthy dude John Delaney is looking like he might upset the establishment candidate, State Sen. Rob Garagiola. Delaney has raised over $2 million (although more than half is from his pocket), while Garagiola has only raised about a quarter of that -- Garagiola's finances are so bad that he "decided" not to go on the air in the closing days of the primary. On the other side of the fence, there are a number of Republican challengers to Roscoe Bartlett, but none of them look particularly serious.

Also, Ben Cardin has a challenge from douchebag State Sen. Anthony Muse, but Muse has yet to file any fundraising reports, so I'm assuming Cardin's not worried.
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2012, 09:09:10 am »
Ignore

Somewhat unusual type of Wealthy Dude candidate, though. http://www.delaney2012.com/about-john/ (Also, teenage daughters are endorsed.)

Also: Lol at this

Newest Attack Doesn’t Stretch the Truth, It Breaks It

The attacks coming out of Rob Garagiola’s campaign have finally crossed the line from desperate to outright bizarre. According to a new attack out from Garagiola, the fact that John Delaney sold real estate in Washington D.C. to the nation of Bahrain nearly a decade ago makes him responsible for the country’s political unrest, and that “Delaney’s relationship with the Kingdom of Bahrain should lead to questions over foreign tax shelters, financial holdings, and offshore vehicles to evade taxes.” [snip]

Over the last three weeks the attacks out the Garagiola campaign have gotten increasingly outlandish. [snip]
Charge: “The truth about [Delaney’s] record of financially supporting Republicans like…Bob Ehrlich”

Fact:  As the Maryland Reporter noted, “After the video came out, the Delaney camp fired back with a statement calling out Garagiola’s camp for incorrectly accusing Delaney of contributing to former Gov. Bob Ehrlich, a Republican. The contributions were made by other donors named John Delaney. [snip]

Neither candidate looks all that bad or all that great, but I tend to implicitly trust Donna Edwards on Maryland, so... Cheesy

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 09:32:07 am »
Ignore

Edwards endorsed Delaney because she's pissed about Garagiola's role in redistricting.

Delaney has also released an internal: John Delaney 49, Rob Garagiola 23, Milad Pooran 10

I tend to think that won't be far wrong.
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 08:29:37 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, so Delaney is winning MD-06 easily. Also, Anthony Muse isn't even breaking 20%.
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 11:50:55 am »
Ignore

Edwards endorsed Delaney because she's pissed about Garagiola's role in redistricting.
See, we have similar instincts.

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2012, 10:33:57 pm »
Ignore

As someone who likes the Maryland map and thinks Edwards is being pretty whiny over still having a safe D seat and isn't too fond of some rich guy buying the primary, I'm a little mixed here. But if he can hold the seat, great, we have it, plus that Garagiola attack ad sounds inane beyond words so...

I'm actually rather shocked Bartlett is even running again, he's so old as it is that no one would be surprised if he retired even without the redistricting situation.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 03:43:31 am »
Ignore

He won his primary with just 43% fwiw.

JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2012, 05:20:26 pm »
Ignore

Here's a map of the MD-Sen Republican primary.

I guess nobody had any idea who the hell they were voting for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout