Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 12:51:26 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: 2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA)  (Read 27528 times)
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 27, 2012, 03:24:04 am »
Ignore

"Easily"? An incumbent winning by 5.odd is not "winning easily". That's "scraping by".

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 27, 2012, 08:09:48 pm »
Ignore

"Easily"? An incumbent winning by 5.odd is not "winning easily". That's "scraping by".

It is down to 3% margin now for Rangel, with more votes left to count.

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 27, 2012, 11:37:54 pm »
Ignore

So it turns out that the Salt Lake County Mayoral primary isn't over yet; there's going to be a recount, the results of which will be released on July 12th. It's still likely that Crockett will win, but this effectively paralyzes both candidates from campaigning effectively against McAdams until they know who won. I hate to be so partisan, but as I personally know Ben McAdams and consider him my friend, anything that makes his election easier (thankfully, the County Mayor seat is actually fairly easily winnable for Democrats) makes me happy.
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: June 27, 2012, 11:50:11 pm »
Ignore

Figured as much.

Pioneer, who do you think has a better chance in the GE against McAdams?

I think it'll be a close race - we'll have to see. Wink

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 28, 2012, 12:37:30 am »
Ignore

Figured as much.

Pioneer, who do you think has a better chance in the GE against McAdams?

I think it'll be a close race - we'll have to see. Wink

I honestly don't know; Winder had his Burwash problem, which is certainly easier to caricature and mock, but Crockett is reportedly hot-headed (which could lead to some gaffes), and doesn't play well with others (which could lead to a few republicans breaking ranks and going for McAdams). Crockett also doesn't have mayoral experience, which could hurt his argument. Both McAdams and Crockett do have experience working with Peter Corroon (Crockett as a County Councilman, and McAdams as a legal counsel/legislative worker), though.

Overall, I think that if Crockett wins, his political narrative will be stronger; he's a successful businessman who can characterize McAdams as an out-of-touch, way-too-liberal Salt Lake City Democrat who wants to grow government. McAdams can't characterize Crockett the way he could Winder; if Winder wins, McAdams can portray Winder as a sleazy lying "good old boys"-style Mayor who tries to make West Valley look better than it's actually doing.

However, McAdams can still give a pretty good campaign narrative if Crockett wins; he can say that a Democratic County Mayor has worked well for Salt Lake County these past 8 years, and that he'd continue Corroon's work while expanding on it through new policies (I predict that Salt Lake County will really like the anti-credit-card legislation he pushed while a state senator). He can also characterize Crockett as someone with very little experience in policy, as well as not being prepared for the job.

Either way, I agree with you; it'll be close, and probably closer than the Corroon campaigns (on account of McAdams being more liberal than Corroon); still, I think McAdams will win in the end.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: June 29, 2012, 08:40:47 pm »
Ignore

If that: seems that his majority is shrinking at a rather rapid rate...

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: June 30, 2012, 12:29:41 pm »
Ignore

No interest? Let's put this slightly differently: Rangel may have lost. Things are very messy.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 30, 2012, 12:35:42 pm »
Ignore

Hopefully he does lose. Good riddance.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 30, 2012, 01:39:47 pm »
Ignore

They ought to have all votes in by now if they were at all competent (oh wait). What were all those late-counted ballots? Dubious absentees?

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: June 30, 2012, 01:59:51 pm »
Ignore

They ought to have all votes in by now if they were at all competent (oh wait). What were all those late-counted ballots? Dubious absentees?

Almighty fyck up, it seems. Entire precincts - close to a fifth of those in the district apparently - were not counted at first for some reason. And there's still a load missing.

Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 01, 2012, 01:17:20 am »
Ignore

The final tally from election day (after misplacing the results of heavily-Dominican precincts for several days... hmmm, interesting) is Rangel ahead by 802. About 3000 absentee and provisional ballots left, but Espaillat would need something like 70% of those to win. So Rangel will likely be declared the victor, though I would not at all be surprised if further errors were discovered in the coming days.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 11, 2012, 08:00:54 pm »
Ignore

Oh, and if anyone cares; turns out Mark Crockett was finally determined to have won the Salt Lake County GOP Mayoral primary. Now he and Ben McAdams will be duking it out to control a county that has half the population of Utah within it. This race is the only Utah race that consistently gives an equal chance to Democrats. It'll be fun.
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: July 11, 2012, 09:01:09 pm »
Ignore

Oh, and if anyone cares; turns out Mark Crockett was finally determined to have won the Salt Lake County GOP Mayoral primary. Now he and Ben McAdams will be duking it out to control a county that has half the population of Utah within it. This race is the only Utah race that consistently gives an equal chance to Democrats. It'll be fun.
I care! Smiley

Also, I've been seeing a lot of Cooke signs around. He may break 40%! Tongue

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02:24 pm »
Ignore

Next up: Missouri, Connecticut and Wisconsin. MO is a total clusterfark, no idea who's going to win that primary.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 11, 2012, 11:41:36 pm »
Ignore

I care! Smiley

Also, I've been seeing a lot of Cooke signs around. He may break 40%! Tongue

I know, right? I'll honestly be excited if Cooke gets within 10% of matching Herbert, since that means the narrative on Utah Democrats is weakening! If he gets within 5% of winning... Then we'll know that a new era in Utah politics is happening. And if by some fluke Cooke squeaks through a win, I will be happy beyond belief.
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 4.52

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 16, 2012, 11:18:18 pm »
Ignore

Well, the NC runoff is today. As I said before, I'm pulling for Robert Pittenger in NC-09 R primary.

Jim Pendergraph has the potential to be worse than Myrick; his signs campaign even look exactly like hers did.

smoltchanov
YaBB God
Russian Federation
View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 17, 2012, 03:09:31 am »
Ignore

Well, the NC runoff is today. As I said before, I'm pulling for Robert Pittenger in NC-09 R primary.

Jim Pendergraph has the potential to be worse than Myrick; his signs campaign even look exactly like hers did.

If i remember correctly - Pittenger is very conservative state Senator, and Pendegraph is former Democrat. Is it possible to be "more conservative"?)))))

Raging moderate. Big fan of "mavericks" (in all parties) and big non-lover of "reliable foot soldiers" (in all parties as well). Very much "anti-tea party". Political Matrix - E: -0.26, S: -3.48
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 17, 2012, 01:41:23 pm »
Ignore

On a second look, I've decided to support Pendergraph.

I just went to vote with my mom (she's a registered Republican). I told her to vote for Pendergraph for Congress and Jim Gurley for Lt. Gov. (because he was polling worse against Linda Coleman).

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 17, 2012, 09:41:40 pm »
Ignore

On a second look, I've decided to support Pendergraph.

I just went to vote with my mom (she's a registered Republican). I told her to vote for Pendergraph for Congress and Jim Gurley for Lt. Gov. (because he was polling worse against Linda Coleman).

Well, bad night for me...

Pendergraph actually won the Mecklenburg portion of NC-09 by about 3 points. Pittenger cleaned house in the Union and Iredell parts though.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:45:45 pm by MilesC56 »Logged

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 07, 2012, 07:21:37 pm »
Ignore

Missouri Senate primary results on Politico:

http://www.politico.com/

Steelman has about 200 votes, which puts her in an early lead.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 07, 2012, 07:22:14 pm »
Ignore

You mean here.

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/Senate/2012/Primary/MO

7.35, 3.65

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 07, 2012, 07:23:47 pm »
Ignore

Either link works for me, though yours has a map.

Steelman 47%
Akin 23%
Brunner 23%

But that's with 0.1% reporting.  Tongue

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 07, 2012, 07:30:30 pm »
Ignore

Now Brunner 33, Steelman 31, Akin 29. This'll be a while.

7.35, 3.65

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2012, 07:44:41 pm »
Ignore

Akin 42, Brunner 34, Steelman 21 with 0.4% in. Why? STL, at least with less than 1% in. Tongue

7.35, 3.65

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 07, 2012, 07:57:09 pm »
Ignore

1% in: Akin 36, Brunner 32, Steelman 27.

7.35, 3.65

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout