2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:03:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 Non-Presidential Primaries Thread (6/12 - AR runoff, ME, ND, NV, SC, VA)  (Read 84361 times)
Linus Van Pelt

« on: May 08, 2012, 06:32:43 PM »

I saw Kathleen Falk on the sidewalk today on my lunch break a couple of blocks from my office. She was surrounded by a gaggle of people standing around with signs with her name on it; I suppose the idea was that members of the public went up to talk to her in person. But I didn't; it just would have been incredibly awkward for both of us. Then a mere half hour later when I emerged from Chipotle Mexican Grill in the other direction, the entire operation had been completely uprooted and they were on to the next.

Actually being a politician must be so weird.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 07:50:07 PM »

Keith Judd is a guy serving a sentence in a federal prison in Texas who periodically gets on random ballots.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 08:56:42 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2012, 09:03:46 PM by The Great Pumpkin »

Barrett is beating Falk by double-digits in Dane County. Wow, that's gotta hurt.

Nothing in from Madison yet - but still, yeah.

Edit: actually, now that a few wards come in she's getting beaten pretty badly in the city too.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 11:54:17 AM »

I'm a little vague on exactly how this works so a poster more familiar with NY is welcome to correct me if this is wrong, but my understanding is that Hakeem Jeffries already has the Working Families line and could thus continue a general election campaign in the event of a primary loss to Barron.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »

And just in case we thought this election season was a little short on the weird:

David Duke endorses Charles Barron.

"In a race for Congress between an anti-Zionist black activist and a black activist who is a bought and paid for Zionist Uncle Tom, I’ll take the anti-Zionist any day."
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 10:51:46 PM »

Why did Long dominate upstate so much, when she is from the city just like Turner?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies