Ann Coulter-WHAT'S THEIR PROBLEM WITH ROMNEY?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:44:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ann Coulter-WHAT'S THEIR PROBLEM WITH ROMNEY?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ann Coulter-WHAT'S THEIR PROBLEM WITH ROMNEY?  (Read 1793 times)
BigSkyBob

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 09:49:18 PM »

Although I'm not a big fan of Coulter myself. Once you exclude all the right-wing rhetoric she actually makes alot of pretty good points from a pragmatic and strategic standpoint like how the GOP base is pissing this race away.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2012-02-22.html#read_more

Romney himself.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 09:54:25 PM »

The Republican Party is no longer the party of wealthy businessmen and statuesque blondes.  Sorry, Ann.  Sorry, Mitt.  Sorry, me.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »

The Republican Party is no longer the party of wealthy businessmen and statuesque blondes.  Sorry, Ann.  Sorry, Mitt.  Sorry, me.

This is very true. He almost comes off as a 1950's male manican from a department store. More and more the GOP is becoming what the Democrats were a few generations ago; the party of the common man. Democrats today are so out of touch with how socially conservative Americans and people who believe in earning their way through life that they don't even understand how they come across. They give the impression that they know what's best for everyone but when it comes to them, it's ok to make their own decisions. Members of congress should have had to go on assigned health care plans before passing the health care bill for example. Also, the arrogant claim in their party that people can't be successful without college. Excuse me, but I know several people who only went through high school and do very well compared to those of us who went to college and only collected debt in a society where 18 college graduates are now applying for one full time salaried position. In fact I was on a job in 2008 where the subcontractor dropped out of high school during his second year of going to 9th grade and now makes $126,000 a year.  This should sound good to all those recent college graduates competing for jobs while working part time jobs.
ajb
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 11:35:06 PM »

This is very true. He almost comes off as a 1950's male manican from a department store. More and more the GOP is becoming what the Democrats were a few generations ago; the party of the common man. Democrats today are so out of touch with how socially conservative Americans and people who believe in earning their way through life that they don't even understand how they come across. They give the impression that they know what's best for everyone but when it comes to them, it's ok to make their own decisions. Members of congress should have had to go on assigned health care plans before passing the health care bill for example. Also, the arrogant claim in their party that people can't be successful without college. Excuse me, but I know several people who only went through high school and do very well compared to those of us who went to college and only collected debt in a society where 18 college graduates are now applying for one full time salaried position. In fact I was on a job in 2008 where the subcontractor dropped out of high school during his second year of going to 9th grade and now makes $126,000 a year.  This should sound good to all those recent college graduates competing for jobs while working part time jobs.

Nobody in the Democratic Party has suggested that "people can't be successful without college." Obama did encourage everyone in the country to aim for at least one year of education or training after high school (college, community college, vocational training, etc). He didn't say he wanted to require it, or that there was no way to be successful without it.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37:30 PM »

I love how she went from abhorring Romney to basically living out of his pocket. What's new from the "anti establishment-establishment" You guys are waiting for your Obama.

She's been for Romney ever since 2008.

Don't you remember, "If we don't run Christie, we'll run Romney and lose." She's done a 180. It's just so outrageous how flip flopping she is. I can't be bothered with the right wingers these days.

That was only when he was flirting with running though. If you look at what she was saying before Christie mania, she's always been a fan of Romney.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 12:00:34 AM »

Nobody in the Democratic Party has suggested that "people can't be successful without college." Obama did encourage everyone in the country to aim for at least one year of education or training after high school (college, community college, vocational training, etc). He didn't say he wanted to require it, or that there was no way to be successful without it.

I would agree with him to that extent but it's the way he comes across about it and suggesting things like working 10 years for the government in order to pay off debt. I'd like to see every college graduate instead, being reiumbursed to the point that no one would owe more than $60,000 for all 4 years of tuition.  This would only apply to state schools of course as that is all that could be effected by the state government and would be contingent upon graduating. $60,000 is $250 a month throughout childhood that a dad can possibly save. Either way, it's better than owing what people owe now. I don't think it will ever be required to go to college and am not arguing that it's bad at all lol. It can be bad though if someone goes and then never puts it to use from a financial standpoint.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 12:30:07 AM »

In what alternate reality world does this take place?

If you look at polling, the majority of people feel GOP policies favor the rich......party of common man my ass.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 01:06:02 AM »

If you look at polling, the majority of people feel GOP policies favor the rich......party of common man my ass.

Rather than living in the world that the media reports, I live in the real world. This is real. I know it's hard to grasp.  Sometimes conservatives aren't the grinches that the democrats make them out to be. Remember democrats run against republicans and that should say something right there.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 01:14:47 AM »

Rather than living in the world that the media reports, I live in the real world. This is real. I know it's hard to grasp.  Sometimes conservatives aren't the grinches that the democrats make them out to be. Remember democrats run against republicans and that should say something right there.

Well, the numbers don't agree with you.

The NYT/CBS poll from a few months had 69% of Americans feel the GOP's policies favor the rich.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 01:39:07 AM »

I see partisanship has blinded you to the reality of modern American politics: elections are auctions in which politicians whore themselves to monied interests. Politics is mostly about persuading the electorate that they have ideological or self-interest in going along with the will of monied interests.

It is not just a Republican problem. It is bipartisan. With Democrats, you see Democratic politicians shilling for the employees in the public education system rather than advocating for the children they are suppose to teach, or pushing the interests of trial lawyers even if it massively drives up the cost of health care, etc. Colleges are self-interested bureaucracies in which costs are spiraling out of control. The only limits to the fiscal blackhole is that at some point students either can't or won't pay.  Student loans solve the bureaucrats problem in the first instance, while advocating universal college education solves the second. It doesn't benefit the American people. Do you really think people with IQs of 85 are going to cure cancer, design bridges, or write the next great American novel? No, but their debts will be just as large!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »

If you have nothing nice to say about someone...you are probably talking about Ann Coulter.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 10:55:05 AM »

Coulter I think has had some impact on this election.  She has been very eloquent in making her case for Mittens among "conservatives."  Looking back someday, this might be viewed has her most influential moment in life. Maybe if Mittens wins the gold, Coulter can be his press spokeswoman. It certainly would not be dull! Tongue
BigSkyBob

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »

Coulter I think has had some impact on this election.

Christie didn't run.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Fard the pig all you want. It still won't look attractive.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »

Indeed. The GOP is popular among certain segments of the (white) lower to middle class population, but their policies still favor the very wealthy.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »

'If Chris Christie doesn't get in then Mitt Romney will be the nominee and we'll lose.'

Beat me to it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 04:48:23 PM »

Guys, Coulter changed her mind as she learned more about the candidates over time, and watched them in action. Mittens won her over. Shocking! Perhaps she was as impressed as I was by Mittens' performance in lengthy extended interviews, where yes, his knowledge and intellect shines through.

Heck I changed my mind about voting  for McCain in 2008, after giving him the maximum legal contribution. Is that a character flaw?  Smiley
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 11:06:48 PM »

Coulter I think has had some impact on this election.  She has been very eloquent in making her case for Mittens among "conservatives."  Looking back someday, this might be viewed has her most influential moment in life. Maybe if Mittens wins the gold, Coulter can be his press spokeswoman. It certainly would not be dull! Tongue

OOO I'd love to see her take on the White House Press Corps.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 01:46:52 AM »

The NYT/CBS poll from a few months had 69% of Americans feel the GOP's policies favor the rich.

Yes Democrats love polls because they always favor their party. Polls don't matter, results do. The results of the Republican policies favor the free market and the Democrats' policies only favor incumbent Democrats. Let's look beyond what liberal polls suggest and end the class warfare.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 04:49:46 AM »

The results of the Republican policies favor the free market and the Democrats' policies only favor incumbent Democrats. Let's look beyond what liberal polls suggest and end the class warfare.

I was unaware that only Incumbent Democratic elected officials could apply for SSI. :roll eyes:

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 09:11:18 AM »

Yes Democrats love polls because they always favor their party. Polls don't matter, results do. The results of the Republican policies favor the free market and the Democrats' policies only favor incumbent Democrats. Let's look beyond what liberal polls suggest and end the class warfare.

Wow, you are naive.

GOP polices favor the rich, lets not kid ourselves with the "Free Markets" BS. It is about gaming the system so rich people who support their campaigns can continue to make a buck. The Dems aren't that much better, but they at least don't totally screw over the middle class.

TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 01:26:19 PM »

GOP polices favor the rich, lets not kid ourselves with the "Free Markets" BS. It is about gaming the system so rich people who support their campaigns can continue to make a buck. The Dems aren't that much better, but they at least don't totally screw over the middle class.

Agree, except the last bit.  Each party plays up its core supporters, and disparages the other team's.  Everyone screws the middle class, though.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 05:05:49 PM »

How about this; everyone takes care of themselves without Democrats and Republicans being dependent on their parties. Stop the mindset where we have to be dependent on political policies in order to succeed. Free enterprise favors everyone because it offers the maximum freedom. Equality will not happen in this system, but in the real world or free market not everyone makes it and that's part of life.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »

How about this; everyone takes care of themselves without Democrats and Republicans being dependent on their parties. Stop the mindset where we have to be dependent on political policies in order to succeed. Free enterprise favors everyone because it offers the maximum freedom. Equality will not happen in this system, but in the real world or free market not everyone makes it and that's part of life.

I agree but people vote with parties and neither party supports what you advocate for in your post.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »

I agree but people vote with parties and neither party supports what you advocate for in your post.

That's more true than false. I'm a big tea partier due to their libertarian stances on economic principles. I'm not a scrooge by any means but get testy when my party is persecuted as if it were made up of second century Christians running from the Roman Empire.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 06:12:35 PM »

That's more true than false. I'm a big tea partier due to their libertarian stances on economic principles. I'm not a scrooge by any means but get testy when my party is persecuted as if it were made up of second century Christians running from the Roman Empire.

The GOP certainly acts like it sometimes, though.  I consider myself a loose Tea Partier, but a Santelli Tea Partier, not a Palin/Bachmann Tea Partier.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies