Romney: Hypocritical Flip-Flopper on Pork
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:50:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney: Hypocritical Flip-Flopper on Pork
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney: Hypocritical Flip-Flopper on Pork  (Read 394 times)
BigSkyBob

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 02, 2012, 10:39:53 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/exclusive-in-02-romney-touted-d-c-connections-federal-funds/

Watch the embedded video in the article. After arguing in the debate that the federal government historically funds "transportation"  and "security" for the Olympics, Romney brags that he lobbied, and received from, the department of education money for free tickets!

He brags about aggressively pursuing earmarks from Washington and having connections in Washington. Hypocritically, he claims it is Senators and Congressmen pursuing earmarks for their own states, not governors, whom are real problem. Romney's position boils down to, "Vote for me, I lost!" [in his Senate race to Kennedy.]

He does have a talent for losing!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 02:27:14 PM »

This is why I shouldn't be on review: I posted a topic about this a half hour ago (which, by the time this is reviewed, won't be posted until later) and it likely won't be accepted until this afternoon. I should be breaking these stories. Tongue
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »

Great minds sometimes change. He's come a long way since 1994. Like McCain in 2008, I don't see him going back to where he used to be. It's not like he's been on both sides of every issue his entire life and constantly been back and forth. He's smart with his money and that has allowed him to build alot of contacts and support throughout the private sector. Pork refers to Robert Byrd and John Murtha.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:50:49 PM »

Wave, it's one thing to say you've changed your mind and no longer hold the same views as you had in the past.  It's quite another to try to put your past in the memoryhole and pretend you never held the views you once had.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2012, 08:23:36 PM by Torie »

Mittens just thinks the Olympics were a uniquely worthy earmark, and he was just following historical precedent of the affair being subsidized by Uncle Sam.

Maybe we need Politico to get back to his habit of putting up his pro Romney stuff just to get some balance around here. I mean, a veritable phalanx of you guys are putting up just a fuselage of threads where there is a bull's eye with the face of Mittens inside it. Is that "fair?" Tongue
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 08:20:30 PM »

Maybe we need Politico to get back to his habit of putting up his pro Romney stuff just to get some balance around here. I mean, a veritable phalanx of you guys are putting up just a fuselage of threads where there there is a bull's eye with the face of Mittens inside it. Is that "fair?" Tongue

It's as "Fair & Balanced" as Fox News. Wink
BigSkyBob

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 08:24:05 PM »

This is why I shouldn't be on review: I posted a topic about this a half hour ago (which, by the time this is reviewed, won't be posted until later) and it likely won't be accepted until this afternoon. I should be breaking these stories. Tongue

Sorry, how about I make it up to you? This afternoon, a USA Today op-ed from 2009 was revealed in which Romney urged Obama to follow the Massachusetts model of the individual mandate. This is in contrast to the 2012 Romney whom has argued that the individual mandate is great for states, but, not acceptable for the federal government. With Romney, it is all words calculated to win votes with no regards for the Truth.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies