The Nyman Times
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:11:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Nyman Times
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Nyman Times  (Read 4352 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 08:47:15 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
September 23, 2010

Badger appointed GM
Earlier today, President Purple State appointed Badger to be the next GM.  The President's decision, which had been reported in the Nyman Times of September 17, has been widely applauded, and a speedy confirmation is expected.

The Nyman Times applauds the President's decision, and feels that Badger will make an excellent GM.

I heartily thank the Times for its words of encouragement. Kudos on breaking the story before I even knew about it (no joke). That's some good reporting! Smiley

Who says investigative journalism is dead? Wink
Yes Ben, good job finding out about this before it broke. Tongue

And Badger, good luck! I'm very happy you got this.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 11:21:23 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
September 23, 2010

Badger appointed GM
Earlier today, President Purple State appointed Badger to be the next GM.  The President's decision, which had been reported in the Nyman Times of September 17, has been widely applauded, and a speedy confirmation is expected.

The Nyman Times applauds the President's decision, and feels that Badger will make an excellent GM.

I heartily thank the Times for its words of encouragement. Kudos on breaking the story before I even knew about it (no joke). That's some good reporting! Smiley

Yes Ben, good job finding out about this before it broke. Tongue

And Badger, good luck! I'm very happy you got this.

Thanks, Gov! I'll do the region proud.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 02:42:38 AM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
September 23, 2010

Badger appointed GM

Before I even made my decision! Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 09:11:22 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
September 27, 2010

Badger confirmed as GM
With only two Senators outstanding, GM nominee Badger has received enough votes to be the next GM.  The nominee currently has an 8-0 vote, with two Senators, the nominee himself and Senator Bacon King not having yet voted.

While the nominee has enough votes to be confirmed, PPT NCYankee has threatened to not end the vote until the nominee has voted on every pending Senate matter, potentially preventing him from taking office for the time being.  Hopefully the PPT will reverse position, and close the vote as soon as possible, so the nominee can take office.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 09:27:17 PM »

I want him to vote on his own amendment to avoid having to deal with any sponsor issues. I really don't care about the other votes.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 09:29:06 PM »

And it ain't delaying sh**t. If Badger is on, he cast the votes, I declare him nominated.

If he ain't on, it ain't going to matter is it? Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 01:16:32 AM »

And it ain't delaying sh**t. If Badger is on, he cast the votes, I declare him nominated.

True dat.

Votes are cast. I'll leave it up to the PPT if he wants to schedule a quick vote on Libertas's forthcoming amendment and then a final vote on the Free Time Happy Happy bill before confirming my nomination.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 07:44:03 AM »

True dat.

Votes are cast. I'll leave it up to the PPT if he wants to schedule a quick vote on Libertas's forthcoming amendment and then a final vote on the Free Time Happy Happy bill before confirming my nomination.

Maybe ready some stories so you have something in the pipeline at the start. It will reduce the stress of the beginning of the job, I assure you. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 05:50:28 PM »

My coming announcement will make Badger's job hell. Evil

True dat.

My only concern was your amendment and the sponsorship of it.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2010, 05:17:39 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2010, 12:51:03 PM by Secretary of External Affairs Ben »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
October 1, 2010

Secretary of External Affairs Addresses United Nations
Last Friday, SoEA Ben delivered his first address to the UN General Assembly as GM.  In his speech, the Secretary called on Israel to permanently halt building settlements in the West Bank.  The Secretary reiterated his previous comments that if Israel continued to ignore these requests, it may well lose the support of Atlasia.

The major focus of the Secretary's speech, though, was education in the Middle East.  The Secretary promised a major program for education aid in the Middle East, declaring, "In order to truly defeat terrorism, the population must be educated; they must know that the Taliban and Hezbollah and Hamas are not the path to a better life; they are the path only to death and destruction.  And that is why I am announcing a massive program of aid to the nations of the Middle East so that we may build new schools, so that the whole population can be educated, and will have the knowledge to move forward in society without turning to terrorist group’s specious promises of a better life."

The Secretary repeated his criticism of these terrorist organizations, calling them, "agents of death and destruction, no more deserving of support than a common pest."  The Secretary ended his speech by exhorting the rest of the world to join Atlasia in this program, and to make the world safer.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2010, 11:32:10 AM »

Um, is it me or the byline and story don't match?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2010, 12:51:15 PM »

Um, is it me or the byline and story don't match?

They do now Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 04:05:07 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2010, 04:12:03 PM by Secretary of External Affairs Ben »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
October 29, 2010

President-Elect Announces Cabinet
President-Elect Fritz has made his preliminary Cabinet appointments.  He retains Teddy as SoFE and Badger as GM, while bringing in Hashemite as SoEA, Marokai Blue as AG, Dr. Cynic as SoIA, and the position of RG is presently still vacant following designee Polnut's decision to serve in the Northeast Assembly.

The Nyman Times strongly supports the President-Elect's choices.  While the Times does feel that SoEA Ben should have been retained as SoEA, it feels that Hashemite is one of Atlasia's most distinguished foreign diplomats, and it hopes he will work to make the position an active one, and to restore interest in foreign affairs.

Likewise, Marokai Blue has a long and distinguished record, and will make a fine Attorney General (again).  Dr. Cynic is a longtime member of Atlasia, and will serve with dignity.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
October 29, 2010

President-Elect Announces New RG
Following Polnut's decision to stay in the Northeast Assembly, President-Elect Fritz has chosen Mideast Governor Tmthforu94 to take the spot.  The Nyman Times is confident that Tmthforu94 will do an exemplary job in the new position.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2010, 10:20:19 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
November 7, 2010

Cabinet Confirmation Hearings Underway
The Senate has begun the process of confirming the President's new Cabinet.  All new nominees have threads set up to receive questions, although there has been relatively little activity.  The Nyman Times is confident of speedy confirmations, followed hopefully by sustained activity from the new administration.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 11:51:00 PM »

Slow news cycles, huh? Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2010, 09:46:37 AM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
November 19, 2010

Mideast Regional Elections underway

The Mideast has begun voting to elect members to its Assembly.  The Nyman Times endorses benconstine for the first preference, followed by Inks, A-Bob, Junkie, and Cathcon.  Hopefully the readers of this paper will follow through on that endorsement.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 03:55:07 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
December 2, 2010

Senator Libertas dead
Senator Libertas, an At-Large Senator of the Populares Party, was declared dead early today.  The Senator was known for his controversial behavior and confrontational attitude towards many in Atlasia.  One of the most polarizing figures in Atlasia, he was mentioned as a possible February 2011 Presidential candidate.  The Senator had already announced that he would be seeking reelection to the Senate, from which he was often absent.

Reactions have been mixed following the Senator's death.  Many Populares have come forward to express their sadness, and Mideast Governor Tmthforu94 said that While I didn't disagree with all of his decisions, he certainly made a positive impact in Atlasia. With his "death", the Senate will be a duller place.  It is unclear what effect, if any, the Senator's death will have on the upcoming elections - nor is it clear what the future is of the Populares without its most prominent member and Whip.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2010, 10:23:23 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
December 2, 2010

Senator Libertas dead
Senator Libertas, an At-Large Senator of the Populares Party, was declared dead early today.  The Senator was known for his controversial behavior and confrontational attitude towards many in Atlasia.  One of the most polarizing figures in Atlasia, he was mentioned as a possible February 2011 Presidential candidate.  The Senator had already announced that he would be seeking reelection to the Senate, from which he was often absent.

Reactions have been mixed following the Senator's death.  Many Populares have come forward to express their sadness, and Mideast Governor Tmthforu94 said that While I didn't disagree with all of his decisions, he certainly made a positive impact in Atlasia. With his "death", the Senate will be a duller place.  It is unclear what effect, if any, the Senator's death will have on the upcoming elections - nor is it clear what the future is of the Populares without its most prominent member and Whip.

Cheesy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5iseJJ5ogA
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2010, 08:51:38 PM »

Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2011, 10:44:09 PM »

The Nyman Times
A Newspaper of Record
February 6, 2011

GTO BOMBING "PERSON OF INTEREST" DETAINED

Federal authorities have confirmed that Colin Hart Nickell, a person sought during the last week for questioning in relation to the January 25th bombing of Global Treaty Organization headquarters in Nyman, has been detained by law enforcement. Spokespersons confirm Nickell was found attempting to cross the Canadian border in upper New York state, Northeast Region.

Despite no official statement, an eyewitness quoted Mr. Nickell as saying, upon being detained, "No!  No!  Lemme go!  If you don't he'll have me killed!  Please!  He'll have me killed!"  At this point Mr. Nickell was led away, and nothing more was overheard.

A government spokesperson insisted at this point Mr. Nickell was merely detained for questioning as "a person of interest" in the bombing. "It is important to note that currently we refuse to define Mr. Nickell as a suspect, and he is not at this point under arrest or charged with any crimes."

Despite the government's official position, others are less convinced.  A government official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told the Nyman Times that "We are pretty darn sure that Nickell is our man.  Nothing is definitive, but we've got a really good hunch, and our hunches are usually right."

Mr. Nickell, 28 of Arlington, VA, is a former truck driver for the Department of Interior who disappeared along with his work truck the morning of the GTO bombing. Eyewitnesses state Mr.  Nickell was driving an ordinary pickup truck rather than a delivery truck of the type reported missing, and there is no word as to whether the missing Interior Department truck has also been located.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2012, 09:21:48 PM »

Look for this paper to be resurrected soon Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies