Opinion of Orange County, CA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:39:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of Orange County, CA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Orange County, CA
Freedom County

Horrible County

Neutral

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Opinion of Orange County, CA  (Read 2947 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: March 02, 2012, 05:54:20 PM »

My presence there makes it all just fabulous. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:41:35 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2012, 08:43:28 PM by Torie »

The "morass." I live on the hill to the right.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »

That Freeway pic Xahar is not in OC.  Smiley  I know because signs in OC point to LA, or Santa Monica, not Sacto. Tongue

The freeways do clog in spots sometimes in the OC, but nothing like in LA County.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 12:36:51 PM »

Pretty much, yeah. It's kind of similar to Florida in reasons why I don't like it, even if all the olds takes Florida down a further notch.

Florida is flat. Florida is hot and humid in the summer. Florida's architecture sucks. Florida does not have the creative industries SoCal has.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 01:21:53 PM »

Don't know if the actual county is anything close to how it was portrayed in the series. I only remember that most of the shows characters seemed to be Democrats, while the county is heavily Republican.

HELL NO!!!!!!!!! That show is crap and so is that related show on MTV with Laguna Beach. In that area Laguna Beach is actually quite Democratic. It's 80% white (very white by Socal standards) and voted about 65% for Obama. But other than that the coast tends to be Republican but socially moderate. And there aren't as many fundies/racists as you will find in inland OC or the IE (Riverside, San Bernardino).

Wiki helps. The show plays in Newport City. It's quite rich, like in the TV series. How about voting trends ?

Newport Beach?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 03:28:47 PM »

Don't know if the actual county is anything close to how it was portrayed in the series. I only remember that most of the shows characters seemed to be Democrats, while the county is heavily Republican.

HELL NO!!!!!!!!! That show is crap and so is that related show on MTV with Laguna Beach. In that area Laguna Beach is actually quite Democratic. It's 80% white (very white by Socal standards) and voted about 65% for Obama. But other than that the coast tends to be Republican but socially moderate. And there aren't as many fundies/racists as you will find in inland OC or the IE (Riverside, San Bernardino).

Wiki helps. The show plays in Newport City. It's quite rich, like in the TV series. How about voting trends ?

Newport swung quite heavily to Obama. And it swung back hard in 2010. It's that sort of a place. Balboa peninsula have smaller houses and more rentals and has a quite large student population from UC Irvine. It barely voted for Obama, I believe. The rest of the place is rich suburbia but again, pretty socially moderate. If California votes on Gay Marriage again this year, that sort of a place will swing the hardest towards the equality side. It also voted against legalizing Marijuana by only a slightly larger margin than the state. Nearby Huntington Beach was right at the state average and Costa Mesa actually voted for it IIRC.

Because I am such a cool guy and estimable human being, I made an OC muni mappie of the Prop 8 results. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2012, 03:33:53 PM by Torie »

Hey, if that is true, given what I am savoring at this very second (beautiful day (77 degrees), with the view at its most stunning - the hills are green, the ocean blue, the Orchid Trees behind my gazebo beginning to bloom with their luscious fuchsia colored flowers, the purple leaves of the flowering plum trees at their most magnificent, the iceburg white roses so heavy with their bloom that their branches are drooping,  it being  so clear that you can see San Clemente Island, 40 miles offshore), then the United States is a Garden of Eden, and the Jubilee has already occurred, the Messiah returned, and the US is indeed a Shining City on a Hill.

Here is a snap which I just took 5 minutes ago.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 09:59:32 AM »

Horrible county, freedom skapunk tradition.

Skapunk?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies