Establishment Gives Middle Finger to Rank-and-File Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:00:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Establishment Gives Middle Finger to Rank-and-File Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Establishment Gives Middle Finger to Rank-and-File Republicans  (Read 2832 times)
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« on: March 01, 2012, 10:33:50 PM »

I don't think we live in a country that would settle for 8.5% unemployment and $3.00/gallon won't happen. Anything above 7% won't be acceptable. Romney will constantly be able to remind us how much more gas is compared to 2008 and play Obama whining about prices then but basically quoting George W. Bush in 2012. Hmm now what about Obama is different in 2012 than in 2008? Gee I can't figure this out. Why would a president excuse gas prices as an incumbent but whine about them as a new candidate. Can anyone tell me why? Look it's politics and Obama looks like a politician in this mess. There are a number of other points Romney can poke at with Obama. This is not an election where Bush is in office with a 25% approval rating.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 01:43:07 AM »

I don't think we live in a country that would settle for 8.5% unemployment and $3.00/gallon won't happen. Anything above 7% won't be acceptable. Romney will constantly be able to remind us how much more gas is compared to 2008 and play Obama whining about prices then but basically quoting George W. Bush in 2012. Hmm now what about Obama is different in 2012 than in 2008? Gee I can't figure this out. Why would a president excuse gas prices as an incumbent but whine about them as a new candidate. Can anyone tell me why? Look it's politics and Obama looks like a politician in this mess. There are a number of other points Romney can poke at with Obama. This is not an election where Bush is in office with a 25% approval rating.

It isn't about settling, it is about trend.

Reagan won with 7.2% unemployment, which is still high. But the fact that it was improving is what matters, same thing for Obama.

It's supposed to be 9.2% by the end of the year and the prices of gas won't help.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 02:43:04 AM »

Reagan won with 7.2% unemployment, which is still high. But the fact that it was improving is what matters, same thing for Obama.

It's supposed to be 9.2% by the end of the year and the prices of gas won't help.

Supposed to be? Says who?  The CBO?  Well, they also say Obamacare will reduce the deficit and be beneficial, so apparently they shouldn't be taken seriously.

No not the CBO. Yes I know all about their antics lol.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 05:00:41 PM »

Are you just pulling numbers out of your ass?

CBO projections is 8.9% and that is if we do absolute nothing like extend the payroll tax extension. The Fed which is pessimistic sees unemployment at 8.3% by the ending of the year. Even the Obama admin revised their originally predictions.

The CBO estimated a neutral cost that would be offset with Obamacare and then it was found to cost 14 trillion. If only I could cost my company that much and keep my job. So much for transparency and being held accountable at the top level in government.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies