Anyone else have political dreams?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:49:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Anyone else have political dreams?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone else have political dreams?  (Read 2983 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:00:29 PM »

For the last two consercutive nights, I've had dreams about meeting politicians.

In my dream Tuesday night, I was up at the NC Governor's mansion, even though I've never actually seen it in real life. I think it was for some sort of a party or formal. In any case, Bev Perdue was the there and I remember introducing myself. She was wearing a red outfit, like the one she wore on election night 2008. This next part is a bit weird; she then took me to her office. It seemed liked we talked for a half-hour or so. I think we discussed politics, because I specifically remember trashing Bobby Jindal and Pat McCrory at some point in the conversation. I thought the entire dream was pretty weird. Then after we finished talking, she saw me out.

My dream last night seemed to have more of a basis in reality. I was out on the streets of New Orleans with a few of my friends and we saw Mitch Landrieu. He came up and talked to us for a while. In real life, I have recently actually seen him in person; he was riding on one of the Mardi Gras floats in the Krewe of Orpheus. Also, I have actually met his sister Mary.

Overall, I thought these were pretty bizarre in that they occurred consecutively. Has anyone else had political dreams like this?

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 03:31:16 PM »

No.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 04:24:22 PM »

Yes -- http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=142754.0.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 05:28:06 PM »

Thankfully, no.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »

Rarely.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 08:23:56 PM »

I dream of power...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »

I once had a dream I was in the GOP primary for Governor of Michigan. However, I wasn't winning over the crowd at a debate. Instead, a Southern guy was able to brand me as not being a true conservative and I helplessly tried to reason out of the accusation while the crowd began siding with him. How'd we get a Southern guy to run for Governor of Michigan?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2012, 12:21:07 PM by SANTORUM TO DEMS: VOTE FOR ME. YOU KNOW OBAMA WILL CRUSH ME. »

I dreamed I was elected Governor of Rhode Island at age 30, U.S. Senator from Rhode Island at age 36, President of the United States at age 40, the first President from Rhode Island.

I restored America to a position of full employment, eliminated poverty, ensured everyone got a good education, created a health care plan that looked after everyone, created an economy where all benefitted, ended hatred and intolerance in the nation, brought about world peace, eliminated world hunger, brought all races and faiths into a position where they worked together for the benefit of all mankind, and as President of the United States led the way in creating a world of love, harmony, and understanding.

No, not really, but it would have been a nice dream.  Smiley    
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 12:22:40 AM »

I have often, in the past, had predictive dreams about future election results. They are generally fairly accurate.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 05:04:48 PM »

I had a couple dreams which happened during election day in France, but they didn't last enough for me to see the results. Tongue

I also vaguely remember a dream last night involving GOP primaries. It was very vague, but it looked like Santorum had taken the lead in terms of delegates, and apparently Mitt Romney was such a failure that Tim Pawlenty had jumped in the race at some point, but he didn't have much delegates. LOL
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 01:27:27 AM »
« Edited: March 10, 2012, 01:31:21 AM by Redalgo »

Occasionally, but it is not at all common. In one I was an armed revolutionary participating in an attempt to liberate St. Petersburg in an alternative time-line, circa 1949, from the security forces and party cadres of a fascist regime. In another I led a crowd of Chinese pro-democracy protesters in singing The Internationale in response to attempts by the CPC and WPK officials to address their audience at a regional summit of sorts being convened in Beijing. The rest are never set so far from home but they were not particularly memorable and I really cannot recall their fine details. Most involved meeting and talking to prominent contemporary American leaders. I never have dreams about election results or ongoing campaigns in the States though.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 01:28:54 AM »

I often have rashes of extremely dramatic zombie dreams in the early stages of illness...same thing, right?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 01:36:57 AM »

Normally not.  My dreams tend to have patterns to them, and keep a theme for a while.  The current major theme is that I'm a news anchor in some futuristic society, but in actuality, I'm some weird alien species blending in, trying to avoid being found out, although it's getting increasingly more difficult due to developing technology.  The dream usually ends with me being found out and the people around me comingin to kill me... quite morbid, and if I end up dying in my sleep of a heart attack, you'll know why (my heart is usually pounding when I wake up).  In all, it kinda reminds me of the Cylons being "outed" in Battlestar Galactica.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 01:39:44 AM »

Poor Inks. :<
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 01:47:58 AM »

Whatever, that sounds awesome. I wish my dreams weren't so mundane.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »

I had a dream last night that I was watching the news and hearing that Newt Gingrich dropped out of the primary, then thinking about what the polls would show afterwards and Santorum being the inevitable nominee.  I was very disappointed after I realized it was all a dream. Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 02:06:26 PM »

I had a dream last night that I was watching the news and hearing that Newt Gingrich dropped out of the primary, then thinking about what the polls would show afterwards and Santorum being the inevitable nominee.  I was very disappointed after I realized it was all a dream. Sad

To be fair, your dream is more realistic than reality. It's pretty ununderstandable why Newt hasn't dropped out already.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 02:32:02 PM »

I had a dream where Newt went insane after losing the nomination to a Romney-Santorum ticket and started frothing at the mouth and crying.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 12:08:38 PM »

I had a 2012 election dream last night! Keystone Phil and I were both in it.

We were at some sort of public venue, almost like a high school late at night opened for a small event like a school function or something. Phil was sitting on the floor watching election results. I recall coming in and seeing that the electoral count between Romney and Obama was tied at 238-238, but that things were looking good for Obama.

One specific thing I remember was that there had been no Presidential Debates between Romney and Obama and I was very angry.

Then I woke up.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 12:59:01 PM »

Speaking of dreams lately:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

If the final result is 52/48 (whoever the winner is) I will curse you.
[/quote]

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130856.msg3252178#msg3252178
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »

Speaking of dreams lately:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

If the final result is 52/48 (whoever the winner is) I will curse you.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=130856.msg3252178#msg3252178
[/quote]

Indeed. Please go DIAF. Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 01:16:25 PM »

I had a dream where Rick Scott had arrested Santa Claus and made himself the new Santa so kids have to go to Tallahassee to tell Rick Scott what they wanted for Christmas.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 01:27:59 PM »

I had a dream that Tom Coburn managed to win the Republican nomination in 2012 and then went onto defeat Barack Obama in a 400+ EV landslide, managing to win states like Oregon and Vermont.

No, I'm not kidding.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 05:41:04 PM »

I had a dream that Tom Coburn managed to win the Republican nomination in 2012 and then went onto defeat Barack Obama in a 400+ EV landslide, managing to win states like Oregon and Vermont.

No, I'm not kidding.

What'd Obama win? Just DC?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 04:51:11 AM »

Had one this morning. Interest rates were cut to 0% and ITV had Gordon Brown on, using it to criticize government economic policy in general. Was really quite amusing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies