King is in! Angus King (I-ME) to run for Snowe's seat. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:13:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  King is in! Angus King (I-ME) to run for Snowe's seat. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: King is in! Angus King (I-ME) to run for Snowe's seat.  (Read 7096 times)
Svensson
NVTownsend

« on: March 02, 2012, 12:16:36 AM »

If he runs, my only comment is as follows: Hell. The f**k. Yes. Seriously, I'm almost certain I'll prefer him to anyone either state party can churn out.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »

A battle between left-wing Democrats and right-wing Republicans will be far more productive than pretending some independent can come to Congress and fix the problems which stem from our electoral and campaign finance systems.

A two-way would also almost inevitably end in a massive political bitchslap right over Maine's collective head, because I'm all but certain whoever else they'd elect would be horrible.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 04:57:41 PM »

Endorsed with all the endorsement power in my being, because I have no doubt both state parties' candidates will objectively blow. I look forward to having a second actually-independent Independent in the Senate.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:21:32 AM »

The man hasn't won an election since 1998. It's anything but safe.

And yet, fourteen years after winning that election, his favorability rating currently stands at 62%.

And that's not even counting for the fact that the entirety of his old voter base from the 90s will almost certainly still remember and support him.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 02:45:59 PM »

Ha, cut losses and run. She's turning out far more competent as DSCC chair than Menendez was, I'll give her that.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »

Given Baldacci is the Maine Dems' only other big name option and he's likely still not very popular with voters, pretty much what you said.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies