Greatest Sports Quotes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:13:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Greatest Sports Quotes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greatest Sports Quotes  (Read 1992 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 02, 2012, 12:34:26 PM »

I'll start...

Setting:  The Buffalo Bills road to Super Bowl 27 included the greatest comeback victory in NFL history - a 32 point second half comeback against the Houston Oilers in the Wildcard round of the playoffs, using backup QB Frank Reich due to starting QB Jim Kelly being hurt…Jim Kelly recovers and starts SB27, but reinjures his knee in the 2nd Quarter and hero Frank Reich (who also was the QB who lead in the largest NCAA comeback, a 31 point variety) is called in to lead another miraculous Bill’s comeback, this time in the Super Bowl…At halftime, with the Cowboys leading the Bills 28-10, an NBC Sports reporter interviews some of the Cowboy players as they enter the locker room for halftime instructions…towards the end of the long Super Bowl halftime, Cowboys coach, Jimmy Johnson, begins to get impatient and steps out of the locker room to ask the NBC Sports reporter a question, which lead to the following exchange:

Jimmy Johnson: “When is this halftime thing over?”

Todd Christensen (NBC Sports reporter, former Raider and Super Bowl champion): “About 5:45, coach.”

Jimmy Johnson: “Okay.”

Todd Christensen: “Hey, coach, did you remind them about Houston?”

Jimmy Johnson: “We’re not Houston!”
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »

"That little monkey gets loose, doesn't he?" Howard Cosell

Cosell was great!  I hated him when he was on the air (he was very anti-Dallas), but once he retired, I realized what sports had lost.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies