Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:12:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
Israelis

Palestinians

Neutral

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict?  (Read 9368 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 02, 2012, 06:42:25 PM »

Palestine would have a much better case if they stopped lobbing rockets, of course.
Which they do so often there is no point in posting about them.  I'd feel like I was piling on every time I did it.  The sh**t heads firing the rockets from a family's backyard (that Miles supports for some reason) don't have this problem.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 01:30:49 AM »

I may be a little fuzzy on my history, but IIRC, land was promised to both Israel and Palestine by Britain after WWI (I think it was WWI) but the only reason Israel got the land was because Europe sympathized the Jews after WWII. Therefore, it is my belief that there should be a two-state solution though peaceful means.
uhhh, Arabs got land too.  Then they (Palestinians and their Arab "friends") promptly tried to remove their new neighbors.  And lost.  Waited a few years and tried again.  And lost again.  Wash, rinse, repeat.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 08:39:49 AM »

I've mentioned a three state solution at least a half dozen times (if not a full dozen) around here.  Occasionally it gets poopoo'd, mostly it's ignored.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 08:50:34 AM »

I was looking for past comments of mine on the subject (of course they are all in 30 page threads..le sigh...and just three of them) and found this gem....

Glad to hear it.

Do you believe that rocket attacks on Israeli towns are justified?

If they are beyond the Green Line, yes.
eeeegads man
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 01:20:37 AM »

They lob a "couple" of missles while Israelis murder Arabs "en masse".  Dude, your facts are strange.  Let me guess, you think the people of Gaza are "starving" too?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 01:40:04 AM »

Nice copy and paste graph.....what percentage of the red bars are terrorists?...what percantage of the blue columns are civilians minding their own buisness?  Israel doesn't randomly send the Army into an Arab village to kill 50 Arabs at a time.  They usually have an excuse, like 40 rockets being fired (not a "couple") and they usually try to avoid civilian casualties (instead of, ya know aiming at civilians...that I'll remind us all again Xahar is in favor of).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 08:18:41 PM »

You can add a couple more to your list Lief.  link
You must be logged in to read this quote.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 02:21:27 AM »

You can add a couple more to your list Lief.  link
+8
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 02:56:28 AM »

How are their current tactics effective in any way?  Unless their goal is to get their own people killed for the PR.

But my point is that there is a reason for the lopsided looking numbers.  The Israelies don't want people to die, they have alarms and defensive shields and drill drill drill saftey.  They don't put military targets in neighborhoods.  The people they are fighting don't freaking care if people die, their own or Israelies, they just don't care.

....and again, the tactics they are using are not working, haven't worked and will never work.  I suggest (again) they look to MLK Jr or Gandhi for inspiration on effecting change in a system they don't like.  Or they can keep dying, it's up to them, not me or you or the people of Israel.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 05:59:46 PM »

A "couple" more rocket attacks today aimed at civilians...and by "couple" we mean 64.  Which is a lot more than 39 yesterday or 30ish the day before that.  Thank Science for the Iron Dome heh?!  These are not fired by HAMAS (but are allowed by HAMAS), but the Iranian backed Popular Resistance Committee (PRC).  Palestinians are dying "en masse" and by that we mean 21 (of which at least 18 were terrorists).  Why?  Well last summer the PRC did that cross border raiding thing which killed 6 Israeli civilians and 1 soldier and they were planning another, bigger one for this week when the guy in charge was killed, thus sparking the "outrage".

Of course Egypt doesn't see it that way and their People’s Assembly voted unanimously to recall their ambassador and force out the Israeli one.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 11:33:33 PM »

Sweet, a ceasefire brokered by Egypt has taken place....well for a couple of hours.  Guess who broke it?

Meanwhile, Syria has had enough.  This brutality by the Isrealies has been too much for the peaceful rulers in Damascus. 

In yet another shocker, the NGOs that care about human rights have failed to condemn the the terrorist acts.
Indeed.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 09:32:47 PM »

Indeed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies