Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:52:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
Israelis

Palestinians

Neutral

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Who do you favor in the Israel-Palestine conflict?  (Read 9371 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 14, 2012, 10:20:35 PM »

I have read all of the posts here and have enjoyed this discussion- I chose Israel wich I never would have done 40 years ago. Some one mentioned the USS Liberty- that incident happened when I was in the Navy and shook many of us... our ships are very clearly identified as being ours and there is almost no chance that was done by mistakte- I resented the Isrealis for many years afterwards

Over the years I have changed... some of it due to involvement in my church and some of it following the conflict over the years- and some considerin what the Jews have gone thru...they have undergone persecution unlike any other ethnic group in the world and having a strong Jewish state can protect them from harm
Politically- I find the notion of porpotional response to be not realistic... it is a repeated example but if Quebec lobbed rockets into Vermont we would not respond proportionally...the rocket attacks are constant from Gaza even though the West Bank is a completely different story

But moreso I come as a Christian...I know this will put me in disagreement with many of you. I ask myself who will let me visit and worship in Jerusalem and who will let the Jews...the highways in Saudi Arabia divide exits for Muslims and Infidels and only Muslims can enter Mecca...will Jerusalem become the same? Christians and Muslims have full democratic and religious rights in Isreal right now- I do not believe it would be the same if the Palestinian s were in control.

This issue is much like Afghanistan- we are involved in something which has a history ten times as long as our nation's history. I support Israel bcause I believe it is by far more democratic and accepting of other faiths.

Let the salvo commence...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:21:54 AM »

I do not have a problem with that at all- though if we were to consider the UN and how this would be acheived it might not be as practical... another idea could be to split Jerusalem excluding the Old City and make only the Old City an international zone with the rest being able to serve as the capital of Israel and- if they wanted- Palestine...this could include the area fought over for settlements
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies