Opinion of anti-gay bullying
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:30:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of anti-gay bullying
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ...
HP

FF

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Opinion of anti-gay bullying  (Read 6950 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2012, 10:49:45 AM »

Seems like a silly question, who on earth is going to vote "FF"? Huh

In protest. This question is super obvious that anti-gay bullying is horrible, so I voted FF in protest to how stupid this topic is.

Exactly. I often vote that way in these FF/HP polls when I think the answer to a certain question is obvious. In this case, it's pretty evident that there is hardly anyone who approves of bullying people.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »

In protest. This question is super obvious that anti-gay bullying is horrible, so I voted FF in protest to how stupid this topic is.

Exactly. I often vote that way in these FF/HP polls when I think the answer to a certain question is obvious. In this case, it's pretty evident that there is hardly anyone who approves of bullying people.

Bullies often don't think they are bullies. Some religiously motivated and loaded rhetoric can be considered bullying, but the bullies would never think otherwise.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 11:57:11 AM »

You realize Afleitch knew what he was doing when he called the Bachmann a c**nt, right?

yes, the thought had occurred to me, but I decided that it merited comment.  

(I was a bit mystified by the taunts of "cock muncher."  Shouldn't it be "rug muncher?")

Keep in mind that for some folks, even heterosexual oral sex is considered deviant unholy behavior since it isn't for the purpose of procreation.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2012, 03:51:12 PM »

Bullies often don't think they are bullies. Some religiously motivated and loaded rhetoric can be considered bullying, but the bullies would never think otherwise.

I admit I haven't got a firm opinion on this, but I tend to believe that bullying happens consciously. I think in order to be considered a bully someone really has to be aware of the impact of his or her vicious words or actions. Of course, some things person A says can be interpeted as hurtful by person B, but as long as person A is not aware of B's reaction I would not speak of bullying.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2012, 07:59:30 PM »

Anyone who voted FF is either quite mean spirited and/or making a bad joke. Anti-gay bullying is wrong and indefensible as is all forms of bullying.

Same as anti-nerd, anti-black, anti-white, anti-Jew, and every single form of bullying---HP.

Exactly. Those who say that anti-bullying laws shouldn't enumerate such classes (gay, black, etc.) are oblivious to the point. The vast majority of bullies choose their victims because of actual or perceived belonging to any of the following--gay, foreign, disabled, etc.

No one is saying that bullying will ever be eliminated. But we should limit it as infrequent as possible and be far more antagonistic towards the bullies and far more supportive of the victims. Plenty of actions that are dismissed as "bullying" are illegal and/or very frowned upon when done among adults.

A civilized society should not tolerate bullying. Period.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2012, 08:02:44 PM »

As for those saying this is a stupid poll, this question should be obvious, but alas there is a sizeable group of people (not necessarily on this forum) who think or act like bullying is not a big deal.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies