Exploratory Committee for a campaign for Student Council Vice-President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:53:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Exploratory Committee for a campaign for Student Council Vice-President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Exploratory Committee for a campaign for Student Council Vice-President  (Read 405 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 02, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »

Being the ambitious type, and also the type who likes to have stuff on his college resume, I'm considering a bid for Student Council Vice-President. Why? I asked our President (who has reigned supreme since the end of 8th grade when we elected her and due to lack of caring has kept that position) who the most useless and ineffective person on our four person council was, and she named the guy who she later said was the Vice-President. Apparently, the two people I talked to (her and another member of student council) think I could win. I like the idea of being Vice-President, where-in you get to officially have a political position but you don't do anything. Having heard that the current guy (who I myself don't really feel like opposing, but hey, that's politics) is useless, I figure my stature as the class's political nut can give me the needed boost to be even more useless than the current guy. Opinions?
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:37:16 PM »

Go for it!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:37:39 PM »

Will you be representing the Feudalist Party? Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 10:41:15 PM »

Why of course. The current establishment does not represent the Feudalist ideal. The best path to change this is, of course, to work from the inside out as any mass democratic movement such as that of the Feudalists will be ignored.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 11:28:57 PM »

Good luck Smiley Use vague threats and fear to win; Newt Gingrich makes a living doing it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 12:02:57 AM »

Cool story
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 12:18:14 AM »

It looks moderately good on a resume.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 12:22:58 AM »

Why of course. The current establishment does not represent the Feudalist ideal. The best path to change this is, of course, to work from the inside out as any mass democratic movement such as that of the Feudalists will be ignored.

Cathcon 4 Prez
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »

You know, if you can dig up a scandal on the Student Council President (her Facebook photos should seal the deal) you can force her to resign and take the Presidency yourself. Once in power, change the Constitution to establish a jungle primary system, and have moderately popular friends run to keep any threats to your position away from the run off. A secret police could be of assistance Wink

Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 02:19:19 PM »

Haha, our President always complains about our VP too, because she never does anything. But our VP is popular as sh**t, nobody could possibly beat her. So she stays. Good luck to you Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »

Eh, don't bother. Sounds like a lot of effort for a meaningless position. College politics is enough of a joke, I can't even imagine how impotent a high school "student government" is.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »

You know, if you can dig up a scandal on the Student Council President (her Facebook photos should seal the deal) you can force her to resign and take the Presidency yourself. Once in power, change the Constitution to establish a jungle primary system, and have moderately popular friends run to keep any threats to your position away from the run off. A secret police could be of assistance Wink

Ohh, that would be magnificent. However, I doubt she would have any scandals & even if she had something drug related, there's an honor system & telling the authorities about her would likely result in taking everyone down. As well, student council members are ineffective & have no true power. I do like your ideas though. I should bring you in as a manager.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies