Santorum could be ineligible for 18 Ohio delegates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:08:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum could be ineligible for 18 Ohio delegates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum could be ineligible for 18 Ohio delegates  (Read 1985 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 03, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »

I believe the campaign, through the state committee, could appoint under Article X, Section 5.  http://www.scribd.com/doc/30460103/Ohio-Republican-Party-State-Central-Committee-Bylaws
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 12:13:39 PM »

This is not the only state where this problem exists for Rick - Illinois is another.  So is Tennessee, but you can appoint later there, so not as big of a problem.

IL will depend solely on the state GOP rules or applicable statutes.  Paging Muon for the latter.  Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 12:32:38 PM »

I believe the campaign, through the state committee, could appoint under Article X, Section 5.  http://www.scribd.com/doc/30460103/Ohio-Republican-Party-State-Central-Committee-Bylaws

That deals with replacing an existing delegate who falls by the wayside.

Vacancies are included.  If Santorum should be intitled to a delegate, he can fill the vacance.  So, the only question is, will he be entitled to it?  Are delegates elected separately?  If so, he has no chance at them.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 03:57:33 PM »

Normally I'd say the state committee would probably just appoint Santorum delegates in districts he won, but with the complete lack of respect for democracy and their members' own votes the GOP always shows I wouldn't put it past them at all to just appoint a slate of Romney supporters (though probably officially "uncommitted")

Romney would never accept delegates that he did not win legitimately.

LOL....

*cough*...Michigan at-large...*cough*....

Those were okay, under the party rules.

This is a bit different.  I'm not sure if the candidate that wins the district wins the delegate; in PA, they do not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies