I'm officially an old man...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:40:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm officially an old man...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I'm officially an old man...  (Read 2977 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 03:21:30 AM »

Post of the thread?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 08:24:11 AM »

I still have my mustache, and I have no plans to get rid of it, unless requested to do so by a woman, and right now there are no ladies on the horizon.

And nor will there be as long as you look like you might at some point try to rape and murder them.

Maybe, maybe not.  Not every girl looks at the physical appearance of a man.  There are some women out there who look at what really counts, and that is the heart and soul of a man.  I will grant you that shaving my mustache would probably enhance my "chances", but then again, I believe my God has the perfect woman picked out for me and I just haven't met her, yet. Even if He doesn't, I am starting to grow more and more content with remaining single the rest of my life.  Being single gives the freedom and flexibility to move around the country or the world, and serve my God wherever He leads me without having to worry about moving an entire family.  In a worldly point of view, if my job transferred me to a different part of the country, I can move a whole lot easier and quicker being single than I can with a family.  I would love to raise a family, and I still believe that is still my destiny to be a Godly husband and father, but even if it is not, as Scripture says "I have learned in all things to be content."

Yes, ugly girls.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 08:56:17 AM »

I still have my mustache, and I have no plans to get rid of it, unless requested to do so by a woman, and right now there are no ladies on the horizon.

And nor will there be as long as you look like you might at some point try to rape and murder them.

Maybe, maybe not.  Not every girl looks at the physical appearance of a man.  There are some women out there who look at what really counts, and that is the heart and soul of a man.  I will grant you that shaving my mustache would probably enhance my "chances", but then again, I believe my God has the perfect woman picked out for me and I just haven't met her, yet. Even if He doesn't, I am starting to grow more and more content with remaining single the rest of my life.  Being single gives the freedom and flexibility to move around the country or the world, and serve my God wherever He leads me without having to worry about moving an entire family.  In a worldly point of view, if my job transferred me to a different part of the country, I can move a whole lot easier and quicker being single than I can with a family.  I would love to raise a family, and I still believe that is still my destiny to be a Godly husband and father, but even if it is not, as Scripture says "I have learned in all things to be content."

Yes, ugly girls.

You're not very experienced, are you?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 09:44:22 AM »

To be honest, I am actually looking forward to growing old.  Each day that I get older puts me closer to going home to see my Jesus!  Note: my home is heaven, not Oklahoma.
You're looking forward to dying? Dude, get some counseling!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 09:06:02 PM »

To be honest, I am actually looking forward to growing old.  Each day that I get older puts me closer to going home to see my Jesus!  Note: my home is heaven, not Oklahoma.
You're looking forward to dying? Dude, get some counseling!

I didn't say that, the Bible says for me to live is Christ, but to die is gain.  I have so much to live for here and I have many ways to serve my Savior, but when he chooses to take me home, I'll be in a lot better shape!
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 03:15:11 AM »

True, but God isn't going to necessarily want you coming home unless you demonstrated some commitment to improving the place you were stuck for several decades. You seem to realize that, but I just wanted to remind you to keep that in mind.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 03:27:14 AM »

The people at McDonald's gave my 21-year-old girlfriend a senior discount.  It's very possible they just hit the button for your parents and accidentally did it for you.  Doesn't mean you look like a senior.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 05:17:46 AM »

Not every girl looks at the physical appearance of a man.

Fair enough, is that why

I still have my mustache, and I have no plans to get rid of it, unless requested to do so by a woman
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 07:49:36 AM »

I used to go to Dunkin Donuts for coffee every day, and the people gave me the senior discount almost every time I went, because they knew me and knew I was spending money there. Perhaps you visit that disease and heart attack buffet to often.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »

The people at McDonald's gave my 21-year-old girlfriend a senior discount.  It's very possible they just hit the button for your parents and accidentally did it for you.  Doesn't mean you look like a senior.

That's exactly what happened, but my parents and I both laughed about it.  As an aside, next time I go in there, I'm planning to pay a little more for my regular buffet to offset the money they lost with that one wrongly coded buffet.  It was dishonest of us not to go up to the counter and correct it, and I do feel bad for it.  It may be a very small amount, and it undoubtedly wasn't the first time it happened in that restaurant, but I don't feel right in having my name or my parents' name attached to that list.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 08:44:40 PM »

That's exactly what happened, but my parents and I both laughed about it.  As an aside, next time I go in there, I'm planning to pay a little more for my regular buffet to offset the money they lost with that one wrongly coded buffet.  It was dishonest of us not to go up to the counter and correct it, and I do feel bad for it.  It may be a very small amount, and it undoubtedly wasn't the first time it happened in that restaurant, but I don't feel right in having my name or my parents' name attached to that list.

Oh please, considering the meat is probably cheap-grade off cuts... you didn't hurt them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 08:49:46 PM »

Oh please, considering the meat is probably cheap-grade off cuts... you didn't hurt them.

I'm not discounting either of those points, it's just the principle of the matter.  I want to maintain the utmost honesty and integrity wherever I can.  I don't want anyone to question either of those two things about me.  Since I can't tell them not to think that way of me, I have to live it out and show them I am honest and a man of integrity and character.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 09:39:21 PM »

They are going to look at you weird, wait for a little bit to figure out how to process the extra money you just gave them through the register, and then just give up and add it to the tip fund.  Which means you're tipping them for making a mistake that had initially benefited you.  Besides, nobody working there is going to think for a second that you don't have the "utmost honesty and integrity" because (a) they won't remember and (b) they won't care, and why the f[inks] am I still trying to convince you that the things you do are always wrong and stupid because you've never listened before so why am I still typing oh my god
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »

If this passes as an entertaining story for you, you must live a dull life.

In case you missed it, here it is again:

The Indian Reservations are more interesting than a senior discount.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 10:39:23 PM »

I went to Golden Corral with my parents for dinner this evening and either this guy wasn't thinking or had a skewed judgement, but I got my first SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT!! I was about to say I won't be 50 for another 20 years, but I kept my mouth shut and took the discount.

I still have a few months left.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2012, 04:53:31 PM »

there is no 'list' bushie. 
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2012, 10:59:05 PM »

Well just be happy you're not . . . erm . . . ehhh . . .
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies