Moslems (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:52:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Moslems (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moslems  (Read 3218 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: March 04, 2012, 05:26:05 AM »

I would say that our cultures, that celebrate promiscuity and inebriation, while treating women as sex objects, can't exactly claim superiority.

Muslim and their country leave nothing in the objectification of women as sex objects. The whole honoring women is bunch of sh**t. As for substance abuse they just tend to abuse other substances than alcohol.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 07:03:13 AM »

The great majority of the gap is due to hours worked and to the types of jobs men tend to do compared to the types of jobs women tend to do.  The actual gap (if there still is one) is fairly small and ever shrinking.  And with women making up a majority of college degrees consistently for the last decade (or whatever), that will hopefully only accelerate.

I've consistently heard (though I haven't looked at the statistics myself) that the gap was still significant even considering identical jobs with the same amound of hours. Around 20% if I remember correctly. This probably regards France, but I doubt the US are much different for that matters.

The wage gap is a nightmare to get a clear picture off, men and women often work in different sectors which is hard to compare, we also have the fact that woman take long break from their work to get children, which mean they get a lower ancienity and is less likely to get promoted in their job. But yes most experts agree that a wage gap still exist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies