Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 03:03:38 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Coburn backs Romney
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Coburn backs Romney  (Read 691 times)
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:30:17 pm »
Ignore

Really, dude?

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/04/coburn-endorses-romney/

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:31:38 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, kiss the ring Tommy boy.

Renew our Democracy!
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:14 pm »
Ignore

I thought his would've been Santorum's for sure...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 09:35:05 pm »
Ignore

dominos are fallinggggg

in a mirror, dimly lit
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 09:37:03 pm »
Ignore

dominos are fallinggggg

You've got it.

Over by end of the month, if not the end of the week.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:47:20 pm »
Ignore

Coburn being a fiscal conservative, I can well see why Coburn endorsed Romney and not Santorum.

It should be clear.

nkpatel1279
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:57:26 pm »
Ignore

Isn't Coburn Obama's Republican BFF.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:12:32 pm »
Ignore

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his. That is for starters. Beyond that, most GOP elected officials I suspect at this point, really want this primary to be over. It just  isn't helping their objectives at this point.

АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:20:47 pm »
Ignore

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his.

Even with his new tax plan?

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 10:27:42 pm »
Ignore

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his. That is for starters. Beyond that, most GOP elected officials I suspect at this point, really want this primary to be over. It just  isn't helping their objectives at this point.

LOL if you really care about deficits, you support Obama. Rommey's "cut taxes, massively expand the military" budget will bankrupt us.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 10:29:19 pm »
Ignore

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his.

Even with his new tax plan?

That's was rolled out because Mittens got nervous, which is a pity. I doubt anyone takes it seriously. But even with that, Rick's math and assumptions are still considerably more unrealistic - to say the least.

Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 10:31:51 pm »
Ignore

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his. That is for starters. Beyond that, most GOP elected officials I suspect at this point, really want this primary to be over. It just  isn't helping their objectives at this point.

LOL if you really care about deficits, you support Obama. Rommey's "cut taxes, massively expand the military" budget will bankrupt us.

When Obama starts saying, much less doing, one f'ing useful thing about reining in entitlements, get back to me. That swamps everything else by a huge margin. That is the single biggest factor about Obama that really engages me. The man has been AWOL! It's a disgrace in my opinion. He's putting our nation at risk on that one.

Even if taxes on "the rich" hit 100%, we still are in deep trouble unless something rather major is done. Mittens does not want to expand the military budget much if at all, he wants to keep spending about where it is (moving money around, and cutting out "waste" so he can build more boats), while Obama wants to cut it. On that one, I probably lean more towards Obama (the "waste" thing for some reason never seems to translate into saving real dollars when someone ran on getting rid of it, and then gets elected and has an opportunity to do so). But again that is rounding error relatively speaking as compared to entitlements, and in particular, medical subsidies, which are eating us alive.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:42:19 pm by Torie »Logged

Snowstalker
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 10:34:00 pm »
Ignore

Romney would spend more than any president in history despite the fact that he would lose 2016.

Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 11:43:09 pm »
Ignore

Coburn supported the product of the deficit commission that he was on. He really worries about deficits. If you do worry, Mittens is a better choice than Rick in my opinion, and I suspect his. That is for starters. Beyond that, most GOP elected officials I suspect at this point, really want this primary to be over. It just  isn't helping their objectives at this point.

LOL if you really care about deficits, you support Obama.

Obama is the one running perpetual trillion dollar deficits. He has racked up more debt than every president of the 19th and 20th centuries combined. Give him four more years and he'll have racked up more debt than all presidents before him combined.

Rommey's "cut taxes, massively expand the military" budget will bankrupt us.

Not when we're done moving every social program we can move off the books of the federal government and onto the states, where they can decide what stays and what goes. If all goes well, Medicare and Social Security will be the only federal social programs left standing after eight years of Mitt.

Mitt Romney is going to reform Washington in the vision of Adam Smith.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:55:24 pm by Politico »Logged

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
Pope Kalwejt I of Northeast
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 11:45:32 pm »
Ignore

Laissez-fairism is fortunately dead.

Nagas
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 11:58:32 pm »
Ignore

Obama is the one running perpetual trillion dollar deficits. He has racked up more debt than every president of the 19th and 20th centuries combined. Give him four more years and he'll have racked up more debt than all presidents before him combined.
No, he hasn't. Bush has still racked up more in his 8 years than Obama has.

Rommey's "cut taxes, massively expand the military" budget will bankrupt us.

Not when we're done moving every social program we can move off the books of the federal government and onto the states, where they can decide what stays and what goes. If all goes well, Medicare and Social Security will be the only federal social programs left standing after eight years of Mitt.
You really think he is going to do that? LOL.
No, he isn't.

BigSkyBob
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 12:29:45 am »
Ignore

Umm, Bush II was a 21st Century President.

The real scandal in Washington is not the bribery, corruption, or sex. It is how poorly we are governed.
Nagas
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 12:33:46 am »
Ignore

Umm, Bush II was a 21st Century President.

The 19th/20th century figure is also incorrect. Obama has not racked up $5.7 trillion in debt.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 12:39:29 am »
Ignore

dominos are fallinggggg

You've got it.

Comments like these make me feel a lot better.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
BigSkyBob
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 12:41:04 am »
Ignore

It could make a dramatic comeback when bureaucrats cease drawing a salary. Post-war Germany and Japan were more "laissez-faire" than ever before, or after. The former Soviet Union moved towards a more market system when its economy stalled. Seems laissez faire is only tried if no option is feasible. Fortunately for Japan and Germany it worked.

The real scandal in Washington is not the bribery, corruption, or sex. It is how poorly we are governed.
○∙◄☻•tπ[╪AV┼cVÍ└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 01:35:09 am »
Ignore

Romney is pretty right-wing and has gotten a lot of right-wing endorsements. Ann Coulter and Christine O'Donnell are some other extremists who endorsed him. 
asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 01:40:07 am »
Ignore

It could make a dramatic comeback when bureaucrats cease drawing a salary. Post-war Germany and Japan were more "laissez-faire" than ever before, or after. The former Soviet Union moved towards a more market system when its economy stalled. Seems laissez faire is only tried if no option is feasible. Fortunately for Japan and Germany it worked.

Describing the postwar Japanese economic system as 'laissez-faire', considering its mercantilism and the whole amakudari phenomenon (basically, a 'revolving door' on steroids), strikes me as a bit off-base, even though it's true that the government didn't intervene particularly much in the internal market except to hand down Bismarckian dicta on a few specific benefit policies.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
○∙◄☻•tπ[╪AV┼cVÍ└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 01:41:30 am »
Ignore

Would Adam Smith have supporting blowing $1 trillion of taxpayer money on the Iraq war?
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 07:11:03 am »
Ignore

dominos are fallinggggg

You've got it.

Comments like these make me feel a lot better.

Don't worry, it will probably be over for Santorum tomorrow.

Gingrich is rising.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
BigSkyBob
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 09:31:42 am »
Ignore

Describing the postwar Japanese economic system as 'laissez-faire',.

I suggest you analyze the meaning of the words "more... than ever before, or after."

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout