The Super Tuesday Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:36:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Super Tuesday Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
Author Topic: The Super Tuesday Results Thread  (Read 35605 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: March 06, 2012, 11:36:23 PM »

I'm not really sure what to say about Obama's performance in the Oklahoma Democratic Primary.

If Mitt Romney ends up winning the nomination, something will have to give in Oklahoma.  Keep in mind, the Republican has won all 77 counties in both 2004 and 2008.  Looking at the results tonight, we are not that fond of Mitt Romney, but we are very disappointed in Barack Obama.  Will Mitt Romney be good enough to sweep all 77 Oklahoma counties, or will Barack Obama win a few counties?
Im sure he could win all the counties, but with a less % but enough to be ahead of Obama.  
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #501 on: March 06, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »

I'm not really sure what to say about Obama's performance in the Oklahoma Democratic Primary.

If Mitt Romney ends up winning the nomination, something will have to give in Oklahoma.  Keep in mind, the Republican has won all 77 counties in both 2004 and 2008.  Looking at the results tonight, we are not that fond of Mitt Romney, but we are very disappointed in Barack Obama.  Will Mitt Romney be good enough to sweep all 77 Oklahoma counties, or will Barack Obama win a few counties?

Until I read your last sentence, I was thinking you might be wondering if Mittens could carry OK in November, in which event I was going to suggest that you need to up your meds. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #502 on: March 06, 2012, 11:38:04 PM »

Obama will lose every county in the state by AT LEAST 15 points...you heard it here first...

Probably not too far from accuracy.  If Obama ever visited here, he'd probably be picked off on the street.  Of course, I'm not sure Obama even knows where Oklahoma is.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #503 on: March 06, 2012, 11:39:32 PM »

“There are still Democrats who love innocent babies more than they love the party,” he said from his Tulsa campaign office. “(Obama’s) policies of murdering babies is going to deny him the White House.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120306_11_0_Presid559524
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #504 on: March 06, 2012, 11:40:37 PM »

About 90% of Cuyahoga, per the county website:

Mitt Romney ( REP )   37819
Rick Santorum ( REP )   23157

That nets Romney 4,237 votes from the AP tally, which hasn't been updated for a while.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #505 on: March 06, 2012, 11:41:26 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2012, 11:42:57 PM by Ron Swanson »

Mittens at the moment has 76% of the votes in Idaho. I guess that is what happens if you get all of the LDS and half the rest. Hey it rhymes! Smiley

Romney is not getting half the rest. He's receiving a third of the rest, if he's lucky.

What I posted in the wrong thread: southeastern Idaho is the bloodbath that I expected it to be. I feel sorry for anyone who lives there, even Mormons dread the idea of going to BYU-Idaho instead of BYU-Provo.  May god have mercy on the souls of those bumpkins.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #506 on: March 06, 2012, 11:44:11 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2012, 11:48:23 PM by Politico »

Gingrich is going to win almost 50% more delegates than Santorum tonight.

BTW, did Santorum robocall Democrats in North Dakota, Tennessee and Ohio?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #507 on: March 06, 2012, 11:44:11 PM »

Revised Medina, per the county BoE website:

Mitt Romney         7447    40.80%
Rick Santorum         6374    34.92%

That nets Romney another 1,002 votes from the AP's tally.

No clue what percentage is reporting.  There are fewer precincts reporting than before.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #508 on: March 06, 2012, 11:44:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Uh, he's already 'really got a shot'. Wink

But go on, tell us how he doesnt'.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #509 on: March 06, 2012, 11:46:37 PM »

Obama will lose every county in the state by AT LEAST 15 points...you heard it here first...

Probably not too far from accuracy.  If Obama ever visited here, he'd probably be picked off on the street.  Of course, I'm not sure Obama even knows where Oklahoma is.

Stay classy, kinda like Dallas November 1963...
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #510 on: March 06, 2012, 11:47:10 PM »

I'm not sure why the networks aren't calling it already.  Almost everything that's out is in a Romney county.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #511 on: March 06, 2012, 11:48:02 PM »

I think Romney has gotten a big enough lead in OH - 12 to claim a 10 to 6 lead in CDs.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #512 on: March 06, 2012, 11:49:23 PM »

It has to be a disappointing night for all of the candidates.
Gingrich won Georgia, but underperformed everywhere else.
Paul hit 40% in Virginia, by far his best performance yet, but still hasn't won a state.
Santorum won TN and OK, and came very close in Ohio, but won't win Ohio.
Romney won ID, VT, MA and VA, which gives him a bunch of delegates. Winning Ohio is nice, but it's not like he's going to get a lot of momentum out of that, especially not in KS, MS, AL and LA. He's got a long month ahead of him.

Gingrich got under 50% in GA, so he doesn't sweep the delegates.  Santorum, as of now, got less than 20% in GA so he gets no delegates.

The only good news for Santorum seems to be ND, so far.  

KS might become important.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #513 on: March 06, 2012, 11:50:36 PM »

Santorum wins with 39.9945% in North Dakota. One more vote and he would have been at 40%.

THANK YOU BASED GOD FOR YOUR BOUNTY OF ATLAS PREDICTION POINTS
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #514 on: March 06, 2012, 11:56:16 PM »

If Mitt Romney ends up winning the nomination, something will have to give in Oklahoma.  Keep in mind, the Republican has won all 77 counties in both 2004 and 2008.  Looking at the results tonight, we are not that fond of Mitt Romney, but we are very disappointed in Barack Obama.  Will Mitt Romney be good enough to sweep all 77 Oklahoma counties, or will Barack Obama win a few counties?

Probably not too far from accuracy.  If Obama ever visited here, he'd probably be picked off on the street.  Of course, I'm not sure Obama even knows where Oklahoma is.

Stay classy, kinda like Dallas November 1963...

Probably not the best choice of words, but I was trying to refer to a favorite pastime of a lot of Oklahoman's, hunting.  In all seriousness, though, the citizens of Oklahoma are very warm and hearty and very hospitable.  We would welcome Obama in Oklahoma and would treat him well, except he would hear a lot of boos at his speeches.  We have the ability to disagree, yet treat well those who we disagree with.  We will make our voice heard at the ballot box.  Even the most liberal Democrat would be treated with a lot of hospitality in OKlahoma.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:10 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2012, 12:08:32 AM by Torie »

CNN posts that Rick has 20% of the votes in Georgia, with 97% in, so a few delegates are hanging in the balance there.

And Mittens eks out the silver in OK over Rick.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #516 on: March 07, 2012, 12:05:46 AM »

Who's excited to stay up and watch the Alaska caucus?
ajb
United States

« Reply #517 on: March 07, 2012, 12:08:30 AM »

It has to be a disappointing night for all of the candidates.
Gingrich won Georgia, but underperformed everywhere else.
Paul hit 40% in Virginia, by far his best performance yet, but still hasn't won a state.
Santorum won TN and OK, and came very close in Ohio, but won't win Ohio.
Romney won ID, VT, MA and VA, which gives him a bunch of delegates. Winning Ohio is nice, but it's not like he's going to get a lot of momentum out of that, especially not in KS, MS, AL and LA. He's got a long month ahead of him.

Gingrich got under 50% in GA, so he doesn't sweep the delegates.  Santorum, as of now, got less than 20% in GA so he gets no delegates.

The only good news for Santorum seems to be ND, so far.  

KS might become important.
Santorum has really been underperforming, delegates-wise. Not only the Ohio debacle, but coming just short in GA, and all sorts of places, really.
I know he has a lean campagin team, but he needs his own David Plouffe if he's going to pull this off.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #518 on: March 07, 2012, 12:09:02 AM »

CNN posts that Rick has 20% of the votes in Georgia, with 97% in, so a few delegates are hanging in the balance there.

Check Google, not CNN - Santorum is only at 19.6%, and therefore, outside of the threshold.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #519 on: March 07, 2012, 12:10:43 AM »

Cuyahoga all in on the county BoE website:
Mitt Romney ( REP )   40881
Rick Santorum ( REP )   24852

That nets Romney another 4,420 votes over the AP tally, giving him a 10K lead, if I've done the math right.  It's only a matter of time until the networks call it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #520 on: March 07, 2012, 12:14:06 AM »

Check Google, not CNN - Santorum is only at 19.6%, and therefore, outside of the threshold.

Ah, they round! They should not do that. So Mittens gets another couple of delegates. Smiley
yourelection

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #521 on: March 07, 2012, 12:14:19 AM »

Super Tuesday is pretty much wrapped up. Not going to wait for Alaska to come in.

My caption on the event is up on the blog (http://www.yourelection.net/2012/03/romney-better-than-santorum-on-super-tuesday/)

Time for me to sign off.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: March 07, 2012, 12:16:05 AM »

In other news, Kaptur beats Dennis by 56% to 40%.  Congress will be a duller place, and I will mess his savoring his wife, for whom I have a fancy. Sad
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #523 on: March 07, 2012, 12:16:31 AM »

Santorum has really been underperforming, delegates-wise. Not only the Ohio debacle, but coming just short in GA, and all sorts of places, really.
I know he has a lean campagin team, but he needs his own David Plouffe if he's going to pull this off.

I think this showed a weakening of Santorum, in terms of election results.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #524 on: March 07, 2012, 12:18:58 AM »

Additional Montgomery nets Romney another 534 votes.  That puts Romney's lead up to about 11-12K.  Fox News said the Romney camp is bitching that he's up by 12K and the race should be called already.  It seems like he is up about 12K with little left outstanding.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies