Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 08:28:46 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  NE3: Constitutional Amendment [Passed Assembly]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NE3: Constitutional Amendment [Passed Assembly]  (Read 1135 times)
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 07:17:53 pm »
Ignore

So the Governor is going to be the one calculating how much revenue the taxes bring in, is that right?

The Governor would merely be writing a tax code every four months.  That way, instead of simply passing a tax code that would last until it is presumably changed, governors can propose their own tax plan that would last throughout their term.
Then how would he be sure the budget is balanced every month?

The same way as usual, I would imagine.  But technically, we're never had a balanced budget because every tax that was on the books was repealed by some law over time.

Shua's point is that he will be the one responsible for a lot of this process as GM.  Obviously, one month is out of the question for myself, and I believe GM Shua as well.  Four months is far more reasonable, but it's still Shua who will have to do a large part of the work. 

Well, how did the regional government and the GM handle the budget back when we did pass budgets?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 08:58:46 am »
Ignore

Debate time has expired.  The Assembly will now vote on the following amendment.  This vote will last 24 hours, or until all Representatives have voted.

Introducing an amendment:

Article II Section 9 is hereby amended as:

9. The Governor is obligated to present the Legislative Assembly a budget for their term.  The structure and procedure for the budget process are to be determined by law. The budget of all government activities is to be voted on by the Assembly after a normal debate period. The Governor is obligated to ensure that the budget does not provide for any deficits excepting times of emergency or war, a condition the Legislative Assembly must successfully endorse.  All budgets must include a plan for revenue and taxation.

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 09:07:36 am »
Ignore

Aye
АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 09:10:33 am »
Ignore

Aye

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 04:31:05 pm »
Ignore

Aye

Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 10:16:40 pm »
Ignore

Aye

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 01:40:25 pm »
Ignore

Voting has ended.  The Ayes are 4, and Nays 0.  The amendment has passed and is incorporated.  The Assembly will now proceed to a final vote.  This vote will last 24 hours, or until all members have voted. 

Article II Section 9 is hereby amended as:

9. The Governor is obligated to present the Legislative Assembly a budget for their term.  The structure and procedure for the budget process are to be determined by law. The budget of all government activities is to be voted on by the Assembly after a normal debate period. The Governor is obligated to ensure that the budget does not provide for any deficits excepting times of emergency or war, a condition the Legislative Assembly must successfully endorse.  All budgets must include a plan for revenue and taxation.
АverroŽs Nix
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 03:13:35 pm »
Ignore

Aye.

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 03:45:18 pm »
Ignore

Aye

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 04:52:54 pm »
Ignore

Aye.
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: -1.57

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 05:47:24 pm »
Ignore

Nay.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 09:21:31 pm »
Ignore

Aye

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 10:13:38 pm »
Ignore

All members have voted.  With 4 Ayes, and 1 Nay, the amendment passes the Assembly.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout