Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 09:37:22 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Lolz at my recent infractions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Lolz at my recent infractions  (Read 3321 times)
incredibly specific types of post-punk music
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2012, 02:20:45 am »
Ignore

So just for speaking the truth about possibly the worst meme in forum history that I'm amazed Inks is fond of considering those earlier threads were far more vulgar than simply an uncensored "f**k" and disagreeing with the beliefs of Mormons.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 02:29:12 am »
Ignore

You weren't disagreeing with their beliefs you were saying all Mormons are bad people. I think there's a bit of a crackdown on the anti-Mormon hate speech that has been floating about.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 02:36:01 am »
Ignore

It wasn't infracted because you spoke the truth.  It was infracted because you tried to disrupt the thread (aka "trolling").  If you don't find them funny, that's fine, but let them have their fun.  Like I said, if this post becomes vulgar or inappropriate, I'll handle it.

But I'm not going to get into a public debate here about the validity of your infraction point.  If you wish to appeal it, follow the proper channels and PM me or Nym.  I'll be away on vacation tomorrow, so if you don't do it tonight, I suggest you go to Nym.
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 02:37:53 am »
Ignore

The moderators have decided to use criticism of the Mormon "religion" as an excuse to infract those posters who happen to be on their enemy lists. It's really just a means to an end.

BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 02:49:07 am »
Ignore

You weren't disagreeing with their beliefs you were saying all Mormons are bad people. I think there's a bit of a crackdown on the anti-Mormon hate speech that has been floating about.

Actually no I didn't say that, I said some might be but only if they are only very loosely Mormon. I was saying that in response to someone smearing all evangelicals like Mormons, but I was making the point there are evangelicals who are good and accepting people and strongly opposed to the extreme bigotry of other evangelical churches and the LDS toward GLBT individuals, I know a lot. However any Mormon who does this is only nominally Mormon.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 08:37:20 am »
Ignore

If BRTD had replaced the word "Mormons" with "Scientologists" would he have been infracted?
How Erg the Self-Inducting Slew a Paleface
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 08:38:54 am »
Ignore

So just for speaking the truth about possibly the worst meme in forum history that I'm amazed Inks is fond of considering those earlier threads were far more vulgar than simply an uncensored "f**k" and disagreeing with the beliefs of Mormons.

Lol, I got infracted too in this thread.

Incredible, but looks like Red and me are on the same side on this one.

It's a good thing to be laughed at. It's better than to be ignored

Harold Macmillan
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 08:57:13 am »
Ignore

If BRTD had replaced the word "Mormons" with "Scientologists" would he have been infracted?

+1.

in a mirror, dimly lit
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 09:04:25 am »
Ignore

Lolz does seem to be the correct word here.......sorry I don't get it.  Whatever.

Grumpy Santa's helpers.   Cheesy

I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 12:32:29 pm »
Ignore

I go infracted for calling Ron Paul stinky poo the other day Smiley lol

Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 12:43:37 pm »
Ignore

First off, I'm a pretty anti-PC individual but even I have to say that BRTD's post on Mormons sounds hypocritically bigoted.

Second, just because it was doesn't mean that it should be infracted.  Especially considering how many morons on here get away with pretty blatant anti-semitic stuff (like you BigSkyBob, don't deny it).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:45:29 pm by MechaRepublican »Logged

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 08:16:11 pm »
Ignore

Is it acceptable to say that all religous are bad people?  Because I think the act of faith is bad - as in I dislike it.

For that matter, can I say I dislike all Mormons?

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 08:25:26 pm »
Ignore

Is it acceptable to say that all religous are bad people?  Because I think the act of faith is bad - as in I dislike it.

you dislike me?  Sad

in a mirror, dimly lit
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 08:48:37 pm »
Ignore

you dislike me?  Sad

You're a religious?  Or a Mormon?  If you can stomach that stuff, I have to say it certainly calls your character into question.  What I'm getting at here though is - am I allowed to have such an opinion?

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 06:22:40 am »
Ignore

Cheesy

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 02:52:45 pm »
Ignore

What the hell? I just got 4 death points for making a thread, suggesting that it may be good idea to make Jmfcst a part of the moderation team, giving his interest in it, as well as already mentioned lack of Republican moderators.

I also suggested to make AndrewCT moderator, but obviously, this thread was fine. Am I just a collateral damage of moderators personal antipathy toward suggested person or there are some double standards, whom we can discuss as possible moderator?

You know I do not complain publicly about infractions, as I prefer to avoid the drama by simply contacting a moderator, but my recent infraction is just so sensless.

Harold Macmillan
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 02:57:21 pm »
Ignore

What the hell? I just got 4 death points for making a thread, suggesting that it may be good idea to make Jmfcst a part of the moderation team, giving his interest in it, as well as already mentioned lack of Republican moderators.

I also suggested to make AndrewCT moderator, but obviously, this thread was fine. Am I just a collateral damage of moderators personal antipathy toward suggested person or there are some double standards, whom we can discuss as possible moderator?

You know I do not complain publicly about infractions, as I prefer to avoid the drama by simply contacting a moderator, but my recent infraction is just so sensless.

those are what are known as fear-factor-death-points, the kind that are never rescinded…the jmfcst thumbing through the Mod Board would be an existential threat to the current regime.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 03:00:27 pm »
Ignore

AndrewCT is a legitimate recommendation for moderator.  The suggestion of jmfcst becoming one is pure trollery.

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 03:04:05 pm »
Ignore

AndrewCT is a legitimate recommendation for moderator.  The suggestion of jmfcst becoming one is pure trollery.

Well, if a dude who put a picture of black penis in the (certainly) underage member's signature can be a moderator, why can't be jmfcst?

Harold Macmillan
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 03:06:20 pm »
Ignore

I think most would consider me very judicial and tolerant to humor...exactly what most want in a moderator.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 03:08:22 pm »
Ignore

Well, if a dude who put a picture of black penis in the (certainly) underage member's signature can be a moderator, why can't be jmfcst?

(A) I didn't do that, as moderators don't have the power to change somebody's signature; anybody does however have the ability to change/remove images contained in their own off-site image hosting account, and (B) jmfcst has been temp-banned more than once and has been a chronic troll virtually since Day 1.

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

I just slept for 11 hours, so I should need a nap today, but we'll see.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 03:18:25 pm »
Ignore

..and (B) jmfcst has been temp-banned more than once and has been a chronic troll virtually since Day 1.

more than once?!  I only remember the one month ban last summer while I was in Boston...when was the other?

and you're confusing humor with trolling...I haven't officially trolled since I used to hijack threads and turning them into biblical discussions.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 04:05:15 pm »
Ignore

Dude... 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 04:19:40 pm »
Ignore

Dude... 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Well, Joe did cause this change and I still consider this as a great practical joke. And he's a fine moderator too, but he's not an example of a netiquette person either. While I don't agree with jmfcst on almost any issue and prefer Joe both politically and as a loveable asshole, he's not really that better than jmfcst in terms of acting onlike.

Look, if jmfcst's record of being a banned member is making it impossible for him to be even seriously considered as a moderator, I can only bow in front of this rule. But making a suggestion, even a silly one, doesn't justify an infraction.

I really hate to bring it up, but PMing Nym (I assume it was him, since Atlas board doesn't have it's own moderator) seems pointless. I bet I'd rather receive an answer from Raoul Wallenberg, than him.

Harold Macmillan
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 01:36:54 am »
Ignore

Wow I just got one for posting a clip that was aired on network prime time TV. So the mods here are bigger prudes than the FCC.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout