Lugar isn't eligible to vote in IN, has voted illegally in the past.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:29:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lugar isn't eligible to vote in IN, has voted illegally in the past.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lugar isn't eligible to vote in IN, has voted illegally in the past.  (Read 1128 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2012, 03:02:04 PM »

Yikes. He has until April 9th to set up residence - http://politi.co/w6HAle
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »

He should have taken a lesson or two from your boy Rick Wink
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 03:09:55 PM »

They'll let him claim his family farm. I do wonder how that primary is going- we haven't gotten any reliable info other than scattered reports that seem to suggest Lugar is ahead by a middling margin.

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »

Haha check out the comments section!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »

Haha, says a partisan election board...Of course they're going to say that - Democrats are going to do everything possible to get Lugar defeated in the primary, because they know they won't have a chance against him in the General.

Not much has changed in the past few months - Richard Mourdock will be relying on out-of-state interests for funding all the way through, which is ironic, because he always will criticize Lugar for being a D.C. insider.

My distaste for Mourdock has grown - he spent months attacking Lugar for not visiting Indiana enough, and then when Lugar came down South to view the tornado damage, Mourdock blasted him for missing votes as a Senator, saying he's "irresponsible and can't be trusted".

I think Lugar will survive this, though it'll be closer than it should be.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »

Psh, you Indianans don't know how good you have it. Senator Orrin Hatch has had his primary residence in Pennsylvania for a couple of decades now.

Anyway, I think this is a non-issue as long as Lugar switches his residence on time. I don't know much about Mourdock, but he seems to be weak when compared to Lugar; from what I've heard, Lugar is the "grandfather of the Indiana GOP", after all. A simple residency probe won't do a thing.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 11:58:58 AM »

Touche.

Had a nice discussion with a Mourdock worker last night, and made some good points.
- She tried to argue that Mourdock has tried to run a positive campaign, so I asked "Mam, out of curiousity, have any of your TV or Radio ad's been completely positive?" to which she had to reply "no"

- She also was a Santorum supporter, so I got her when she was attacking Lugar for supporting the individual mandate back in the 1990's. "Mam, if you're going to try and bring Lugar down for that, you can probably bring just about every other Republican politician who was around in the 90's, too! Even Santorum"

Mourdock wouldn't be so awful if his campaign was "Pro-Mourdock" instead of "Anti-Lugar". I seriously believe his campaign strategy is if he can get Republicans to hate Lugar enough, he'll be able to squeeze through the primary. He'll be getting a lot of help from Democrats, too, because they know they can beat in a GE.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 06:18:52 PM »

Mourdock Romney wouldn't be so awful if his campaign was "Pro-MourdockRomney" instead of "Anti-LugarSantorum". I seriously believe his campaign strategy is if he can get Republicans to hate LugarSantorum enough, he'll be able to squeeze through the primary. He'll be getting a lot of help from Democrats, too, because they know they can beat in a GE.

QFT
Nichlemn

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 06:34:35 PM »

He voted illegally? VOTER FRAUD!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 06:41:34 PM »

The arguement of positive versus negative campaigning is one of the most vague and likely misleading arguements to make. The standards constantly shift and in some cases it is absolutely essential. In order to defeat a Lugar you have convince voters that he has become out of touch; otherwise, why would anybody vote them out. Lugar's job is to refute that convincingly. To deny the ability of challengers to frame a race on those terms would produce effects that would be the equivalent of a reverse term limit if such were possible and ensure someone like Lugar did in fact become out of touch, as there would be no incentive not to.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 08:53:57 PM »

Mourdock Romney wouldn't be so awful if his campaign was "Pro-MourdockRomney" instead of "Anti-LugarSantorum". I seriously believe his campaign strategy is if he can get Republicans to hate LugarSantorum enough, he'll be able to squeeze through the primary. He'll be getting a lot of help from Democrats, too, because they know they can beat in a GE.

QFT
Relevance...there are plenty of other places you can post this where it wouldn't be off-subject.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies