If Romney's the nominee, does that mean Romneycare is part of the GOP platform? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:42:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If Romney's the nominee, does that mean Romneycare is part of the GOP platform? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Romney's the nominee, does that mean Romneycare is part of the GOP platform?  (Read 1264 times)
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« on: March 07, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »

And I am amazed on how Romneycare never turned out to be the Achilles heel we all thought it would be.

No he actually vetoed alot of that bill which was over riden by a Democratic Congress. He's said before that he what's right for Massachusetts isn't right for the rest of the country and that the federal government shouldn't be dictating to states about healthcare. Repealing Obamacare will be on the platform instead.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:39:38 PM »

And I am amazed on how Romneycare never turned out to be the Achilles heel we all thought it would be.

No he actually vetoed alot of that bill which was over riden by a Democratic Congress. He's said before that he what's right for Massachusetts isn't right for the rest of the country and that the federal government shouldn't be dictating to states about healthcare. Repealing Obamacare will be on the platform instead.

False.

Mitt also said Massachusetts healthcare plan was the model the President should use for the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBVUU0bqSyI&feature=player_embedded

Good luck spinning that in November.......

Romney has been as clear as anything on repealing Obamacare. You've conveniently forgotten to mention that.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »

False.

Mitt also said Massachusetts healthcare plan was the model the President should use for the country.

Romney has been as clear as anything on repealing Obamacare. You've conveniently forgotten to mention that.

He's been clear on that in 2012. In 2009 he was clearly in favor of Obama implementing Romneycare nationwide. And he's been completely unclear about the reasons for his change of heart.

Well I'll take Romney care over Obamacare.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:22:17 PM »

False.

He's been clear on that in 2012. In 2009 he was clearly in favor of Obama implementing Romneycare nationwide. And he's been completely unclear about the reasons for his change of heart.

Well I'll take Romney care over Obamacare.

"They’re the same ****ing bill."-Prof. Jonathan Gruber

Then Obamacare will also drive doctors away. This time away from our country and not just Massachusetts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies