Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 05:00:17 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Torie, The Mikado, Badger)
| | |-+  Boxers or Briefs by party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Boxers or Briefs?
Briefs - Republican   -5 (8.2%)
Briefs - Democrat   -17 (27.9%)
Briefs - other   -8 (13.1%)
Boxers - Republican   -9 (14.8%)
Boxers - Democrat   -15 (24.6%)
Boxers - other   -7 (11.5%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Boxers or Briefs by party  (Read 3279 times)
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 08:49:41 am »
Ignore

Other - other.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
angus
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 1.87, S: -7.65

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 10:29:33 am »
Ignore

Angus, I am disappointed.  You don't remember when Steve, Snot, Toshie and Barry went to camp and got picked on for wearing the very un-cool jockeys.  Only to then be fooled into the pant.., er briefs by the lecherous underwear salesman.

Ha!  So it's just me, Cosmo Kramer, Snot, Toshi, Barry, and Steve, is it?  That would make it six votes.  I'm assuming that briefs and jockey shorts are being lumped together here.  I think what Kramer and I wear are much less revealing than those skimpy briefs that the Smith boys were wearing.

Hey, panties reminds me of another good poll.  For swim, do you prefer jammers, racers, square cut, or board shorts?

I wear something that is slightly longer than a racer, but shorter than a jammer, for pool and boat.  It looks vaguely like that fourth pair of underwear I posted--perhaps that's the elusive "boxer-brief" that I've been reading so much about on this thread?  Such a thing also comes in durable, form-fitting, black lycra and has a drawstring waist and is meant for swimming.

For the beach I prefer a looser-fitting garmet, but not so long as a board short.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 10:34:43 am »
Ignore

To answer in more detail... German clothing stores' Special English calls them "trunks", but it seems to be the same thing dead0 call "boxer-briefs" (well the google image search results for "trunks underwear" and "boxer-briefs underwear" look alike). This is mostly. I still own a few briefs and boxers too, and even wear them on occasion. I'm actually wearing briefs atm.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 10:45:33 am »
Ignore

1. boxer-briefs
2. commando
3. boxers
4. briefs

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
angus
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 10:52:59 am »
Ignore

13 of us now.  (I ended up voting Briefs - other.  Again, I do not wear the skimpy Toshi briefs, but rather jockey shorts.  And I wore them when I was a Democrat, I wore them when I was unaffiliated, and I still wear them now that I'm a Republican.)  14 if you could Trondheim. 

We're outnumbered by the 18 who claim to wear boxers.  I suspect boxer shorts also includes various categories.  In that sense it's a misleading poll.  (Dividing all underwear into boxer shorts or briefs is like trying to divide all Christians into Roman Catholics and Protestants.)

I'm sure that there at least 5 types of underwear for men:  the four I posted plus diapers.  Of course, for women there are 10 types.  The difference is that whereas most men settle into one preferred type, all women need all 10 types to be truly effective in their roles.

Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 11:15:06 am »
Ignore

Boxer-briefs. I like the way my junk looks in them. Sometimes I'll wear boxers on the weekends when I'm in the mood. In the summer, comando all the way.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 01:17:55 pm »
Ignore

Boxers (normal) Grin

Clearly the solution is to privatize presidential elections.

So, in less than four years, get excited for the 2016 MetLife Financial U Pick The Prez Extravaganza. If you tweet a picture of your completed ballot with the hashtag #ivoted, you could win a trip for two to the inauguration or an iTunes gift card.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 01:38:45 pm »
Ignore

...underwear... for women there are 10 types... all women need all 10 types to be truly effective in their roles.

Really?  I confess I don't know all these types.  I would just think perhaps of bra and panties.. are you talking about corsets and garters and this type of thing?

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

angus
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 02:09:41 pm »
Ignore

...underwear... for women there are 10 types... all women need all 10 types to be truly effective in their roles.

Really?  I confess I don't know all these types.  I would just think perhaps of bra and panties.. are you talking about corsets and garters and this type of thing?

oh, heavens no!  I mean ten kinds of panties.  There is the bedazzled.  Bedecked with semi-precious stones, they can leave scars, but they do spice things up.  There's lace.  Nothing says, "Do me now!" like lace.  There's the sports logo underwear.  No tailgate party is complete without a Go Hawkeyes underwear set.  There's the Period Panties, with extra large pocket.  These are also known as the "Feed me chocolate and stay the hell away from me!" panties.  Those are best in darker colors.  Burgundy or black.  There are also the big, comfy old lady ones, for when she's just feeling flatulent.  Then there are the cartoon-inspired ones.  I see little batman and spiderman underwear for women on sale regularly.  There's the thong, with or without leopard-print it's usually a hit with the guys.  There's the "hook up."  This is what men call boxer shorts, but women call them "the hook up" because they generally acquire them one morning when their own underwear were too nasty to even think about wearing home.  There are a couple more, but I forget what they are. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:11:20 pm by angus »Logged
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 07:37:02 pm »
Ignore

Bizarre angus, but thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to be able to keep the 'female creatures' at a distance, sparing myself intimate knowledge of their undergarments (much less wearing them on the head as some forumites apparently do).

With prostitutes here, it is customary for both parties to take a thorough shower before festivities begin, so there's really no occasion to have much to do with her underwear.  If she's a 'high-end' girl with a lot to show off, she'll strip down to just her fancy lingerie for the obligatory 'few drinks' in the room, which can be very scenic.  If she's just a run of the mill low-cost one, or a shy one (lots of shy ones in Asia, funnily enough), she'll just go to the restroom mostly clothed and come out fresh and clean but with just the big ole white towel wrapped around her (pretty cute with brown skin).

Swedish Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 07:48:58 pm »
Ignore

Boxer-briefs- moderate hero.

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 08:19:26 pm »
Ignore

It is disturbing that nearly as many Democrats wear the vile briefs as wear the proper boxer.  Perhaps my theory of class-based-underpants is valid after all?

angus
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 09:16:49 pm »
Ignore

It is disturbing that nearly as many Democrats wear the vile briefs as wear the proper boxer.  Perhaps my theory of class-based-underpants is valid after all?

Republicans: 7 to 2
Democrats:  9 to 8

Clearly the lower castes prefer tight-fitting drawers.  Right.

Er, I'm not a pollster, but I'm thinking that a self-selected sample of 26 people in a society of 300 million might not be the best sample to base your case on.
angus
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 02:45:11 pm »
Ignore

With 17% of precincts reporting, we have 24 votes for boxer shorts, and 19 for briefs.  That's 56% for boxers, 44% for briefs.  Too close yet to make a call.  We expect the returns to be delayed in the boxer-adverse inner suburbs near the factories, so this could go either way.  Back to you, Wolf.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 11:44:38 pm »
Ignore

What about the military and their absentee ballets?  I know for a fact that everybody in basic wears tighty whities because they make you.  They take your civies (including your undies) first night and issue you several pairs of drawers.  EVERYbody was smuggling plums.  I fought jock itch (or something) for most of my 7 weeks in basic because of those snug and overly bleached underwear.  It was much worse than the pushups or the yelling.

Quote from:   Martha Gellhorn for The Atlantic 1961
The unique misfortune of the Palestinian refugees is that they are a weapon in what seems to be a permanent war...today, in the Middle East, you get a repeated sinking sensation about the Palestinian refugees: they are only a beginning, not an end. Their function is to hang around and be constantly useful as a goad. The ultimate aim is not such humane small potatoes as repatriating refugees.
coyolxauhqui
a Person
YaBB God
Costa Rica

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012, 03:32:22 am »
Ignore

OK, I just now saw this edit:
All right, why the applesauce is this separated by political party?

And I have to say: Inks, you are one screwed up person. I don't know, and I don't want to know, how your weird, twisted mind connects "fuсk" to "applesauce".

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2012, 06:34:13 am »
Ignore

OK, I just now saw this edit:
All right, why the applesauce is this separated by political party?

And I have to say: Inks, you are one screwed up person. I don't know, and I don't want to know, how your weird, twisted mind connects "fuсk" to "applesauce".

Actually I like that!  Perhaps 'applesauce' is a bit like 'santorum'? 

Btw, I'm deeply saddened that at the moment a bare majority of my party is wearing the Bad Pants.

I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 09:23:36 pm »
Ignore

Boxers - Republican   

angus
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2012, 09:52:41 pm »
Ignore

I fought jock itch (or something) for most of my 7 weeks in basic because of those snug and overly bleached underwear.

Dude, you brought that in with you.  Blame the skanky whore you were with the night before you enlisted, not the bleached cotton undergarments that your Uncle Sam provide you.

Smash255
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2012, 01:39:45 am »
Ignore

Boxers

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2012, 04:14:02 pm »