towards a spiritualist Mormonism/Mormon non-theism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:35:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  towards a spiritualist Mormonism/Mormon non-theism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: towards a spiritualist Mormonism/Mormon non-theism  (Read 3188 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 09, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »

Actually, the continuing revelation thing is one of the more attractive tenets of Mormonism.  The ability to override your previous revelation as new information (from the Almighty or otherwise) comes in allows Mormonism a great deal more flexibility than other faiths.

That flexibility may be convenient, but I do not find it attractive.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:24:49 PM »

Actually, the continuing revelation thing is one of the more attractive tenets of Mormonism.  The ability to override your previous revelation as new information (from the Almighty or otherwise) comes in allows Mormonism a great deal more flexibility than other faiths.

That flexibility may be convenient, but I do not find it attractive.

not to mention that continued revelation (changing of stuff) within the church age is contrary to scripture:

Jude 1:3  "Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints."

Is is telling that your theology requires that fixed and unchanging doctrine begins only once the Church Age arrived.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »

Is is telling that your theology requires that fixed and unchanging doctrine begins only once the Church Age arrived.

the establishment of the New Covenant marked the Church Age arrival, so the rules of the New Covenant were set into place at its inception and are unchangeable as long as the New Covenant is in effect.

So the rules are irrevocable until they are revoked?  Not that I believe in Mormonism in the least, but by what standard do you judge that the "translation" of the "golden plates" was not a valid marker for the end of the Church Age and the start of ..., ..., of the Saint Age I'll call it for the lack of any better term.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies