A Pledge for Governors/A Pledge for Potential Convention Delegates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:51:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Pledge for Governors/A Pledge for Potential Convention Delegates
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Pledge for Governors/A Pledge for Potential Convention Delegates  (Read 715 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 10, 2005, 10:37:43 AM »
« edited: January 10, 2005, 11:38:42 AM by Senator Bono »

Governors:

I, ________, Governor of the __________ region, pledge to the residents of the ___________ Region, and the Citizens of Atlasia, that I will only nominate delegates that swear to upheld the Integrity of our Rights and Freedoms, as consacrated in the Civil Liberties Ammendment, and the first three ammendments to our constitution, by protecting them from adulteration, addition of unintended elements or/and removal of elements, except for the registration thereshold.

For Potential Delegates:

I, _________, swear to the residents of the _________ Region and to the citizens of Atlasia, that I will fight in the constitutional convention to protect the integrity of our Rights and Freedoms, as consacrated in the Civil Liberties Ammendment, and the first three ammendments to our constitution, by protecting them from adulteration, addition of unintended elements or/and removal of elements, except for the registration thereshold.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 10:55:41 AM »

Which ones were the first three amendments?
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 11:12:40 AM »

Which ones were the first three amendments?

These ones:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 11:23:49 AM »

Ah yes, that little stupidity of insisting to call part of the original constitution "amendments" even though they aren't anything of the kind.
I'm not sure if you're using the correct version of 2 II, I think it includes a definition of "active". Good to hear you don't support efforts to raise the registration threshold, by the way.
I didn't remember that trial procedure at all.
And I think you meant "addition" when you wrote "addiction". Smiley

Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:39:45 AM »

Ah yes, that little stupidity of insisting to call part of the original constitution "amendments" even though they aren't anything of the kind.
I'm not sure if you're using the correct version of 2 II, I think it includes a definition of "active". Good to hear you don't support efforts to raise the registration threshold, by the way.
I didn't remember that trial procedure at all.
And I think you meant "addition" when you wrote "addiction". Smiley

I actualy don't car ethat much, but not letting raise it might scre people away from signing this.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 04:22:33 PM »

I'm not sure if you're using the correct version of 2 II, I think it includes a definition of "active".

No, that definition is in Clause 4 of Article V of the Constitution.  I don't really like the wording of Section 2 of Amendment II; we shouldn't define the voting requirements in two separate places in the Constution, because if we amend one without amending the other, it'll lead to a direct contradiction.

The amendment that is currently in the pipeline in the Senate will rectify this, though it may not pass by the time we get our new Constitution...
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 06:17:03 PM »

Is there really any need for this Senator?  Protecting our civil liberties is all fine and good, but I don't think anyone here wants to impose a fascist regime on Atlasia.  And even if they did, it would be quite amusing, much like the "executions" of yesteryear.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 06:55:03 PM »

I don't agree with these oaths-everything must be reviewed, and whilst I support the extreme majority of what the oath says to protect, I think all delegates should have the ability to debate everything.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies