The Confession
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:01:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Confession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Poll
Question: How is The Confession so Far?
Great!

Good

Okay

Bad

You should stop now!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: The Confession  (Read 21262 times)
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2012, 07:51:12 PM »

HST1948, could you take the time to make new county maps instead of the actual 2008 results? Tongue

This altered primary would produce much different maps.

And very good so far. Go McGreevey!

I would  actually really like to do that but I'm actually not sure how to do it Sad

Could you paste the map onto MS paint and redo the colors?

Thank you! I figured it out Smiley ! I will continue to move forward with the timeline while going back and fixing/ replacing the old maps.

Glad I could help Cheesy.  Great TL by the way.
HST1948

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2012, 10:17:19 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2012, 10:19:23 PM by HST1948 »

Sam Brownback Takes South Carolina; Giuliani Pushes Toward Florida

The final results of South Carolina were Brownback: 39%, Giuliani 32%, Romney 18% and Ron Paul 7%. Blue denotes counties won by Senator Sam Brownback while red denotes counties won by Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

HST1948

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2012, 10:46:52 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2012, 11:12:47 PM by HST1948 »

January 26, 2008: Hillary Clinton Wins South Carolina!

The final results were stunningly close, with 38% of the vote for Senator Clinton to 37% for Senator Obama to to 22% for Governor McGreevey. On the map Blue denotes counties won by Senator Clinton, Purple by Senator Obama and Red by Governor McGreevey.

After a poor performance in the Nevada Caucus, Barack Obama's poll numbers began to slip. That, combined with a poor debate performance at the Congressional Black Caucus Political Education and Leadership Institute debate just days before the primary did not help Obama pull out a win in what was expected to be his best state.  Jim McGreevey was not expected to win South Carolina, however his did invest some money and campaigned in the coastal regions of the state. McGreevey has his eyes set on the grand prize: Florida.  

January 27, 2008: Barack Obama Drops Out

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. An even though I am no longer a candidate for president, ir does not mean my power to be that change is gone. I will continue to fight for our ideals and promote change by supporting our party's candidate in November!"- Barack Obama- Chicago Illinois

With the Democratic Nomination Now a Two Person Race Clinton and McGreevey Move to a Dead Locked Florida

Gallup Democratic Nomination Polling- Florida

Senator Hillary Clinton: 46%
Governor Jim McGreevey: 44%

Gallup National Democratic Polling
Senator Hillary Clinton: 48%
Governor Jim McGreevey: 44%

On the Republican Side Sam Brownback's Win in South Carolina was major, but Giuliani has the organization in Florida

Gallup Republican Nomination Polling- Florida
Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani: 41%
Senator Sam Brownback: 29%
Governor Mitt Romney: 20%
Congressman Ron Paul: 7%

Gallup National Republican Polling

Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani: 39%
Senator Sam Brownback: 29%
Governor Mitt Romney: 21%
Congressman Ron Paul: 7%

HST1948

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2012, 12:10:11 AM »
« Edited: April 23, 2016, 05:05:00 PM by HST1948 »

CNN Florida Primaries 2008

Wolf Blitzer: Giuliani's strength and organization have come through for him tonight as CNN can project he has won the crucial Florida primary! We will now be going to Giuliani headquarters in Fort Meyer's Florida to see the Mayor speak about this critical win.  

"There are many qualities that make a great leader. But having strong beliefs, being able to stick with them through popular and unpopular times, is the most important characteristic of a great leader, and I promise to be a great leader as your next president!"

John King: That was Rudy Giuliani addressing his rightfully enthusiastic crowd in Fort Meyers. Giuliani won with 40% of the vote tonight with Brownback's 32%, to Mitt Romeny's 18% to Ron Pual's 8%.  Lets take a look at the county map of Florida to see the vote breakdown. Red Denotes counties won by Giuliani.

Anderson Cooper: With results tricking in as we speak we can still not make a prediction almost an hour an half for the Democratic primary, which is dead locked between Senator Hillary Clinton and Governor Jim McGreevey.  From what our early results are showing us South Florida has come in strong for the Governor, where he campaigned heavily.  McGreevey's support for gay marriage seems to have helped him in tremendously in the Key's, where he is carrying over eighty percent of the vote.  

Wolf Bitzer: That's true.  McGreevey seems to be doing extrodinarily well in the affluent areas of Boca raton and Palm Beach as well. Miami has come in strong for him as well.  Clinton is doing very well in North and parts of Central Florida as well.  

John King: It looks like this one will come down to the last vote. Actually hold that... CNN can now make a projection that Governor Jim McGreevey will carry the State of Florida!

Anderson Cooper:
This is remarkable! This really changes the dynamics of this primary.  I'm getting word that McGreevey will be speaking very shortly at his campaign headquarters in Miami.  We will take you to Candy Crowley who is on the ground in Miami.  

Candy Crowley:
Anderson you can just feel the excitement here at the McGreevey headquarters. And it looks like the governor just walked out.  Lets take a listen.  

"From a viable economy to meaningful healthcare reform, from a clean environment to true equality for women, from a strong military to a commitment to racial brotherhood, from schools that are honored to streets free of excessive violence that is my vision for America, and today we took a huge step forward toward achieving that vision"- Jim McGreevey in Miami, Florida

Wolf Blitzer:
That was Governor McGreevey giving his victory speech in Miami after his crucial win in the Florida primary over Hillary Clinton.  McGreevey won with 49% of the vote to Clinton's 48%. Lets take a look at how this breaks down on the map. Red denotes counties won by Governor McGreevey, blue by Senator Clinton.

Anderson Cooper: Stay with us for more coverage of the 2008 presidential election.

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2012, 11:58:28 AM »

Go old fart crazy uncle!  And the two guys in drag!  (wasn't mcgreevy in drag once, or was that just Rudy?)
HST1948

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »

Go old fart crazy uncle!  And the two guys in drag!  (wasn't mcgreevy in drag once, or was that just Rudy?)

Lol.  I think it was just Rudy (I may have some plans to bring back Rudy's drag- we'll see). 
HST1948

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2012, 09:08:34 PM »

Giuliani Wins Maine Caucus

Red denotes counties won by Giuliani, Blue Romney, and Yellow Paul.  The final results were 35% Giuliani, 30% Romney, 25% Paul and 7% Brownback.
HST1948

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »

Primary Updates- Pre-Super Tuesday

Democrats: Red Denotes McGreevey, Blue Denotes Clinton

Republicans: Red Denotes Giuliani, Blue Denotes Brownback, Green Denotes Romney

HST1948

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »

February 3, 2008- Controversial Sam Brownback Add Hits TV Stations in Key Super Tuesday States

The commercial went viral on youtube.com, facebook and news stations across the country. Giuliani called it a "pathetic attack from lowlife who has never lead in his life".  John McCain said that the commercial was one of the "nastiest, most vile pieces of campaign rhetoric I have ever had the displeasure to see and hear".  Others, such as Glenn beck and Rush Limbaugh praised that add claiming that it is "time someone in the republican stood up for our socially conservative values and vetted Rudy Giuliani". With Super Tuesday just two days away only the votes will tell just what the effects of this add are.   

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »

February 3, 2008- Controversial Sam Brownback Add Hits TV Stations in Key Super Tuesday States

The commercial went viral on youtube.com, facebook and news stations across the country. Giuliani called it a "pathetic attack from lowlife who has never lead in his life".  John McCain said that the commercial was one of the "nastiest, most vile pieces of campaign rhetoric I have ever had the displeasure to see and hear".  Others, such as Glenn beck and Rush Limbaugh praised that add claiming that it is "time someone in the republican stood up for our socially conservative values and vetted Rudy Giuliani". With Super Tuesday just two days away only the votes will tell just what the effects of this add are.   

HOLY sh**t!  I laughed my ASS OFF when I saw this!
HST1948

« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2012, 10:59:24 AM »

February 4, 2008: McGreevey Campaign Bus- Peoria, Illinois

Bob Shrum, McGreevey Campaign Manager: "Jim, Florida was great.  I really think we can pull this thing off!"

McGreevey: "Me too Bob.  Tomorrow is big though."

Shrum: "I think we can pull through tomorrow as the new front runner in the race. Golan did a great job in Florida, especially turning out the Jewish vote.  I sent Golan to California to organize for us."

McGreevey: "The first time I met Golan was right after I lost the 1997 New Jersey governors race to Christine Whitman. He told me that if I had just done a little bit better with Orthodox Jews I would have won. I never forgot that.  He, and the whole campaign, really did something amazing in Florida."

Shrum: "Jim, I don't know how to ask you this, but is there something more than a friendship between you and Golan.  After that fundraiser in New Hampshire I was coming back to my room around two in the morning after having some sandwiches at The Red Arrow with some of the staff and I saw Golan coming out of your room with his tie in one hand and a brief case in the other. Anita [Dunn- McGreevey's chief strategist] noticed a similar situation happen when were campaigning in Palm Beach right before Florida.   

There was a long pause where McGreevey looked down at the table that sat in between him and his campaign manager. 

McGreevey:
With a tear running down his cheek, McGreevey responded, "Yes there is more than a friendship between Golan and I."

Shrum: "Jim it going to be okay.  You are still the same great person and governor that you have always been, but the campaign needs to make some decisions now. How long have you and Golan been..."

McGreevey: "It began in 2003, stopped when I began campaigning and started again in New Hampshire".

Shrum: Does anyone else know?

McGreevey:
"Absolutely no one that I can think of.  When I would go to Golan's I would always either run over to his condo or tell my drivers that it was on official business.  I haven't told anyone".

Shrum: "Good.  We are going to keep this quiet.  From what I can tell the only people who know anything on the campaign are Anita and I. Lets keep this quiet, and we are going to keep you and Golan in different states for a while to dampen any suspicions.  Jim, I can't imagine how hard this is for you, and I want you to know that I am always here as a friend to talk to.  I'm sorry that I have to be so concerned with campaign issues at a time that must be so personal for you, but this election is so important... and I believe you are the one person that can bring this country back together.

McGreevey:
Thank you Bob, really thank you. Can I be alone for a few minutes to collect my thoughts.   

Shrum:
Sure Jim.  I have some calls to make anyway.

Anita Dunn, Chief Campaign Strategist
: Hello.

Shrum: Hey Anita, its Bob.  So what we saw in New Hampshire and Palm Beach was actually what it looked like.

Dunn: S**t. Really?

Shrum: Yes.  I talked to the governor about it on the bus ride just now.

Dunn: Is he okay?

Shrum: I think so.  It seemed like he expected this to happen at some point.   

Dunn: So what's the plan? This will be the end of the campaign if it gets out. 

Shrum:
The governor and I agreed that we are going to keep this quiet.  According to him we are the only people who know.  He agreed also to have him and Golan in different states to dampen any suspicions.

Dunn: Okay.  It sounds like we at least have a plan. I'll talk to you in Chicago later today.
HST1948

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 11:03:45 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2012, 10:43:45 PM by HST1948 »

CNN Election Center 2008: Super Tuesday

Anderson Cooper: Welcome back to CNN's coverage of Super Tuesday where contests are being held across the country to determine who will be the Republican and Democratic Nominees for president.  We have a whole list of projections from the East Coast tonight, while most of the Western races are still voting or too close to call.  First CNN can project that Hillary Clinton will win the New York primary, with ease, while McGreevey will do the same in his home state of New Jersey.

Clinton Wins New York Primary

Clinton 57%- McGreevey 42%

McGreevey Wins New Jersey Primary

McGreevey 58%- Clinton 40%

John King: We Can now Project that Hillary Clinton has won the state of Georgia.

Clinton Wins Georgia

Clinton 56%- McGreevey 42%

Wolf Blitzer: This is just in we can project that McGreevey will carry Delaware, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, a huge sweep for the Governor and a serious blow to the Clinton campaign very early in the night.

McGreevey Sweeps Delaware, Massachusetts and Connecticut!

McGreevey 54%- Clinton 45%

McGreevey 50%- Clinton 49%

McGreevey 51%- Clinton 48%

Anderson Cooper: Stay with us as we watch Super Tuesday 2008 unfold.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 11:51:10 PM »

Forgive my last message, I learned a lesson about leaving this forum up while Im logged on.
HST1948

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 12:02:33 AM »

Forgive my last message, I learned a lesson about leaving this forum up while Im logged on.

Lol. It's all good, unfortunately I had to learn a similar lesson with Facebook Smiley.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 04:31:21 PM »

McGreevey!
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 07:01:18 PM »

Yeah....That's how pretty much all of my 'coming out' discussions went to.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 08:55:31 PM »

What?
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »

What?

Just a little joke Wink
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 10:29:06 PM »

I apologize, I'm not sure I understand Shocked
HST1948

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2012, 10:48:47 PM by HST1948 »

Anderson Cooper: Welcome Back to CNN's Super Tuesday 2008 election coverage. We just made a bunch of huge calls for the Democrats and we can now make some projections on the Republican side.   We can call Mitt Romney's home state of Massachusetts for the Governor while Mayor Giuliani will take his home state of New York and the Neighboring state of New Jersey.  

Romney Wins Massachusetts Primary

Romney 50%, Giuliani 40%, Brownback 5%, Paul 4%

Giuliani Wins New York Primary

Giuliani 60%, Romney 15%, Brownback 15%, Paul 9%

Giuliani Wins New Jersey Primary

Giuliani 57%, Romney 20%, Brownback 10%, Paul 10%

John King: At this time we can call both the Georgia and West Virginia Primaries for Senator Brownback.

Brownback Wins West Virginia

Brownback 50%, Giuliani 29%, Romney 15%, Paul 4%

Brownback Wins Georgia

Brownback 35%, Giuliani 33%, Romney 24%, Paul 5%

Wolf Blitzer: With more than fifty percent of the precincts in we can now also project both the Connecticut and Delaware primaries for Mayor Giuliani.

Giuliani Wins Connecticut

Giuliani 53%, Romney 40%, Brownback 4%, Paul 2%.

Giuliani Wins Delaware

Giuliani 55%, Romney 38%, Brownback 5%, Paul 2%.

John King: The night is still young and polls have just closed in the Midwest and some western states, so stayed with us as we bring you the latest Super Tuesday results. 
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 12:45:18 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2012, 12:57:58 AM by Jerseyrules »

I apologize, but I must do this

Epic face

Epic face

Epic face

Jizz in my pants....

Jesse Ventura for senate in 08
HST1948

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2012, 01:10:58 AM »

I hope everyone is enjoying the time line so far! I will be on vacation for the next week, so I won't be posting for a little bit. I will finish up Super Tuesday and the nominations when I get back.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »

I hope everyone is enjoying the time line so far! I will be on vacation for the next week, so I won't be posting for a little bit. I will finish up Super Tuesday and the nominations when I get back.

Looking forward to it!
HST1948

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2012, 08:29:18 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2012, 10:14:28 PM by HST1948 »

CNN Election 2008: Live Super Tuesday Coverage

Anderson Cooper: Welcome back we have a ton of projections to make for the Democrats, so lets get right to it. First CNN can project that Hillary Clinton has carried her former home state of Arkansas and its neighboring states of Missouri, Oklahoma and Tennessee. In addition she has won the Kansas caucus.  

Clinton Takes Arkansas

Clinton 62%- McGreevey 37%

Clinton Sweeps Kansas

Clinton 58%- McGreevey 40%

Hillary Takes Missouri by Storm

Clinton 50%- McGreevey 48%

Tennessee Goes into to the Clinton Column

Clinton 53%- McGreevey 47%

Clinton Wins the Oklahoma Primary

Clinton 56%- McGreevey 43%

John King: Although some people argue the importance of endorsements, they seem to have a mixed effect tonight.  Governor McGreevey lost the Kansas Caucus while having the support of Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius and he also lost the Missouri Primary while having the backing of Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill. We'll see how endorsements play out in some states that are expected to be razor close tonight such as Minnesota where both Senator Amy Klobuchar and former Senator Mark Dayton have endorsed Governor McGreevey.  In Arizona Governor Napolitano has endorsed Senator Clinton while in Colorado Senator Salazar and Governor Ritter have both endorsed Governor McGreevey.  

Wold Blitzer: I'm going to have to interrupt you there John, I can now make some projections for the Democrats, and it seems like we have some very good news for the McGreevey campaign, which needs some after that last string of calls for Senator Clinton. First we can project the Governor has won the Minnesota Primary and its neighboring state of North Dakota's Caucus. In addition we can project that McGreevey will win Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona, which may just show the depth of his support in the Hispanic community, once a Clinton stronghold.  

McGreevey Wins Minnesota

McGreevey 50%- Clinton 48%

McGreevey Narrowly Wins the North Dakota Caucus

McGreevey 49%- Clinton 48%

McGreevey Wins Colorado

McGreevey 55%- Clinton 44%

McGreevey Sweeps New Mexico

McGreevey 54%- Clinton 46%

McGreevey Squeaks to Victory in  Arizona

McGreevey 50%- Clinton 49%

Anderson Cooper: What an incredible night.  There have been so many unexpected twists and turns, I guess we should come to expect this with election 2008.  I guess ine of the only things that we can conclude right now is that the Democrats will not be going home with a nominee tonight, and the race slugs on. Stay with us for the latest Super Tuesday results.
HST1948

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2012, 11:08:18 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2012, 11:10:19 AM by HST1948 »

CNN Election 2008: Super Tuesday Coverage

Anderson Cooper: We can now project that in the state of Alabama Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Primary while Sam Brownback will win the Republican Primary, both by large margins.

Clinton Clinches Victory in Alabama

Clinton 56%- McGreevey 44%

Brownback Steals Alabama

Brownback 48%- Giuliani 38%- Romney 7%- Paul 6%

John King: We Can now call the states of North Dakota, Minnesota, Missouri, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Colorado for Senator Brownback.  This is a truly amazing night for the senator from Kansas.  

Brownback Narrowly Wins Minnesota

Brownback 45%- Giuliani 44%-Paul 10- Romney 4%

Brownback Wins North Dakota

Brownback 40%- Giuliani 32%-Paul 20- Romney 8%

Brownback Sweeps Arkansas

Brownback 57%- Giuliani 28%- Romney 8%- Paul 5%

Brownback Sweeps Tennessee

Brownback 46%- Giuliani 42%- Romney 8%- Paul 3%

Brownback Wins Big in Oklahoma

Brownback 58%- Giuliani 30%- Romney 4%- Paul 3%

Brownback Pulls of an Upset in Colorado

Brownback 36%- Giuliani 35%- Romney 22%- Paul 7%

Rudy Giuliani Win's John McCain's Home State of Arizona  

Giuliani 50%- Brownback 25%-Romney 20%- Paul 4%

Anderson Cooper: What an incredible night.  After an impressive start it seems as though Mitt Romney's campaign has really fallen apart.  Sam Brownback has become the "conservative" alternative to Giuliani. And I guess tonight has shown the effectiveness of controversial advertising. Stay with us as we bring you the latest Super Tuesday results as they come in from the West Coast.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies